Young clone just went limp

• Thread starter Scolymia7
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Scolymia7

Scolymia7

Temp 76°f(a little on cool side for young clone)
Humidity 58(a little low as well)
All other plants look normal.
Coco
Ec .5

I took this out of cloner about 1.5 weeks ago. Got its first feed 7 days ago (.3ec). 3 days ago it got a .5 ec feeding and was doing fine and 2 days ago just went completly limp. Almost like its not drinking at all. Ive personally never seen this so im here looking for ideas. Would like to save it but not sure where to start. The other picture is of 2 different strains potted and fed the exact time/way.

My only idea is I do have fungus gnats but after using both nemotodes and now microlife, and tons of yellow traps I'm seeing a huge drop. Could fungus gnats eat through the roots. I dont think the larve would even be possible in there only being in coco pot for 1.5 weeks. And 1.5 inchish layer of perlite. Oh and I don't over water young clones. When I watered second time the container was light.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks!!!

Young clone just went limp
Young clone just went limp 2
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

if your running coco you need to be feeding daily,even clones,run 6 ph and 200 ppm once a day,feed to a 20 % runoff,by having so much runoff you wash out salts and refresh with oxygen,once you get it looking better start feeding twice a day,the more you exchange the nutes and air,the stronger and helathier the plant becomes,another thing if you have knats it from letting the coco just sit,you cant do that with coco it is nothing but a mass really,all life and food comes from what you give it,when you let the coco stale but not refreshing ,thats were your bugs come from,i have never had bugs at all in coco,knats and larvae dont like being agitated and when you feed to a runoff daily they cant get there get it on on if you dig

Scolymia7

Scolymia7

@Beazy @Beachwalker @oldskol4evr

I took all of your responses into consideration and it made me realize the top layer of perilite was too much for the young plants. And didn't allow me to really see the coco. When I removed perilite I realized that the perilite itself was still very moist after no watering for a couple days. Unlike the bigger plants where perilite layer was bone dry and coco was damp and ready for a meal after 24-36 hours. For the record I never let coco dry out. Ive just used these pots so much I can feel when it needs water by weight but think the wet perilite layer was messing with my head. What I wasn't peicing together like oldsk mentioned too many days went by with out watering due to thick layer of perilite blocking that air surface gas echchange . So defintly stagnant no fresh oxygen environment for roots. The plant is now a cutting and i examined the roots and no surprise root rot. Kind of curious if this very unhappy cut will root. If not it was worth a try.....ops 🙄 and another failure/lesson learned

Scolymia7

Scolymia7

I agree and disagree with watering every day but I do get why; feed equals fresh water and fresh nutes fresh o2. I wont argue that concept. Everyone's environment is different, for me and with younger plants I avoid it. Could be the container size I start them in and should switch to the little ones or try to avoid satuating coco and feed small amounts daily until they are ready for all out feed till run off. But what I do works in my situation for now. Still learning with coco after almost 2 years and will adopted new methods as I get better...Switched from rdwc, I miss it but dont miss cleaning hydroton. It was easy but just something I absolutely hated doing 🤣. The 2 inch perilte layer was bad idea for that small of plant. I definitely work them up to getting fed everyday with in a 1.5 -2ish weeks of potting. By peak veg twice for sure and during peak flower they are getting fed 3-4 times daily. Thanks for the advice!!

Scolymia7

Scolymia7

@gnive read a bunch into that topic when I was getting into coco. Defintly one of those heavily debated lol. I do not rinse though... On my second coco run I made 2 batches of coco. One I rinsed and charged, the other I moistened brick and used it with out rinse or charge. Half the plants got rinsed and charged the other half did not. I noticed no difference between the plants with and with out that step.. Does that mean I belive coco doesn't need rinsed, no too many variables lol. I lack experience with different types, In my grow I use(don't laugh) its just what's available...the exo terra reptile coco. It works and its cheap. 3 bricks for $4.99. Im sure there's better but sometimes you just go with whats available 🤣🤣.

Scolymia7

Scolymia7

@oldskol4evr
Took your advice and started feeding daily. To help with smaller plants I give them a few little shakes to force a some of the excess water out. They all responded wonderfully I have roots popping at the top which I've never had happen. It also helps I increased the heat up to 82. But noticed results prior to temp increase. First pic all unhappy sick plants, 2nd pic after daily watering(and no perilite later), 3rd picture with temp increase. And on the jacks r.o. thread I took your advice and went to very simple recipe just jacks and Epsom. I had 2 plants that were seeds and testing if female. They've never got fulvic, budswell, or recharge. They did get silica for a 1 or 2 weeks. Prior to me posting that thread. Since then just jacks and Epsom. Makes sense I should.of started simple and adjust instead of just throwing stuff together I don't understand. They have purple leaf stems and some curling and I blame it being colder. They went in when other plants were week 5 and me lowering temps/humidty. No veining steams on branches or stalk. A few leaves show some cal or mag def. but its not all over so I'm ignoring but also documenting for next grow. I only put them in to determine sex. Then just ended up keeping them in there after both showed to be female. Plan is to finish the plants with simple recipe to see how it goes and make adjustments afterwards. Thanks for advice!!! Excited to see how a full grow goes with better feeding practices and no gnats. I hate those little things so much.

20201021 141118
20201021 140616
20201021 141624
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

@oldskol4evr
Took your advice and started feeding daily. To help with smaller plants I give them a few little shakes to force a some of the excess water out. They all responded wonderfully I have roots popping at the top which I've never had happen. It also helps I increased the heat up to 82. But noticed results prior to temp increase. First pic all unhappy sick plants, 2nd pic after daily watering(and no perilite later), 3rd pic
Hannah feed schedule 001
ture with temp increase. And on the jacks r.o. thread I took your advice and went to very simple recipe just jacks and Epsom. I had 2 plants that were seeds and testing if female. They've never got fulvic, budswell, or recharge. They did get silica for a 1 or 2 weeks. Prior to me posting that thread. Since then just jacks and Epsom. Makes sense I should.of started simple and adjust instead of just throwing stuff together I don't understand. They have purple leaf stems and some curling and I blame it being colder. They went in when other plants were week 5 and me lowering temps/humidty. No veining steams on branches or stalk. A few leaves show some cal or mag def. but its not all over so I'm ignoring but also documenting for next grow. I only put them in to determine sex. Then just ended up keeping them in there after both showed to be female. Plan is to finish the plants with simple recipe to see how it goes and make adjustments afterwards. Thanks for advice!!! Excited to see how a full grow goes with better feeding practices and no gnats. I hate those little things so much.
if you can follow this schedule with your feed,you will rock the coco mate

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

also that one pic with the fungus on your perlite,get some hydrogard and that will take care of the fungus
those are 3 gal pots are bags right?
i use 3 gal pots,those size plants right there i feed twice a day rather they like it or not,with 20% runoff to keep from salt build up,i rock some pretty good smoke doing it also ahahah,the hydro gard about once every 2 weeks and good ,the bacteria will eat that fungus right up

Scolymia7

Scolymia7

I use hydroguard, but my bottle is on last quarterish so it could be old/need replacing, have had it atleast a year

I like how you put that "whether they like it or not" thats exactly what I did. In the beginning of my coco days I got paranoid when I tried watering more and they got all sad looking so I stopped. I see that was a huge mistake. This go around they wilted but only for a 2 or 3 days, I ignored and kept feeding. Once they got used to it day by day started to look better. I would be in bigger pots but space is my enemy. Got to stay small until the switch to bigger room. With how their roots are growing now, I will have to figure something out in future or ill have root bound pots. Not been an issue before but their roots are exploding!! Was just looking at them more closely, They always looked sad compared to my rdwc days. Now they are all thick and fuzzy again. And going everywhere. Ugh *slaps forehead*, you should of kept feeding daily. Pry would of fixed so many issues Ive had with coco haha.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I use hydroguard, but my bottle is on last quarterish so it could be old/need replacing, have had it atleast a year

I like how you put that "whether they like it or not" thats exactly what I did. In the beginning of my coco days I got paranoid when I tried watering more and they got all sad looking so I stopped. I see that was a huge mistake. This go around they wilted but only for a 2 or 3 days, I ignored and kept feeding. Once they got used to it day by day started to look better. I would be in bigger pots but space is my enemy. Got to stay small until the switch to bigger room. With how their roots are growing now, I will have to figure something out in future or ill have root bound pots. Not been an issue before but their roots are exploding!! Was just looking at them more closely, They always looked sad compared to my rdwc days. Now they are all thick and fuzzy again. And going everywhere. Ugh *slaps forehead*, you should of kept feeding daily. Pry would of fixed so many issues Ive had with coco haha.
like it or not means ,i like to keep my root zone fresh,by feeding twice a day,i exchange air and nutes,this is also a continious flush so to speek,root bound i dont really worry about,as long as i keep giving them the juice they thrive,my last grow in 3 gal pots,feed twice a day and with a ton of training got 3 1/2 ft tall ,maxing out my 2x4x5ft tall tent,i had 4 plants in there and there was no room to spare,they were so bushy they filled in all empty spots,if you just glanced at the tent you would think i had a scrog net but didnt,that exchange is key mate,no doubt.
i like to mix my nutes one time in a day,the morning feed and evening feed come from same bucket,if there is any problem with my mix the morning feed will tell me in a matter of a hour.
i also never ever just feed water in coco,i have a method that works for me,i use that chart i posted for you,i never go over 900 ppm i just dont see were it needs to try and screw shit up by force feeding them,but 900 is my max,the very first sign of a cloudy thric i start feeding backwards,by the time i get my feed back down to 250 were i started,my plant has more than faded and there are no nutrients at all left in plant,the 250 im feeding only has around 50 ppm of feed rest is tap water diluted with ro water,my tap is 315 i can finish with that also,but by reverse feeding i found i dont have to cure as long and this last run ,i didnt cure at all,when i got the perfect snap ,i was blazing the smoke,i just put right in seal meal bags.
my love is soil,but when i want to fill the store shelves it is coco hands down

Scolymia7

Scolymia7

Hopefully over the next 2 runs I can dial it in like that and have a documented routine. I miss the one I had with rdwc. After I get coco down, soil is my next goal. I'll be posting more, what the hell did i do wrong threads when that time comes 🤣🤣. I want to visually see the results of each medium commonly used to determine my favorite. With soil I will try organic to see how marijuanna grows with no salt fertilizers. Hopefully this next spring. Give me time to thread surf. Not sure why but organic soil just comes off as really hard. Teas, super soil, amending, precise watering. Ill probally start with 2 or 3 plants.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Hopefully over the next 2 runs I can dial it in like that and have a documented routine. I miss the one I had with rdwc. After I get coco down, soil is my next goal. I'll be posting more, what the hell did i do wrong threads when that time comes 🤣🤣. I want to visually see the results of each medium commonly used to determine my favorite. With soil I will try organic to see how marijuanna grows with no salt fertilizers. Hopefully this next spring. Give me time to thread surf. Not sure why but organic soil just comes off as really hard. Teas, super soil, amending, precise watering. Ill probally start with 2 or 3 plants.
thats just it ,with a true living soil,not a super soil mix like what most think is there savior,a true living soil alive with the soil food web in place doesnt need much water unless you live in extreme heats.
example,i live in texas,down by the border it is normal to have 4 months of triple digit weather and 2 or 3 days of extreme cold weather,were it frezze a few days,winter is 70 days and 40's at night.
i have a 12 ft round circle of field fence i stood up and started putting a mess of card board,old alfalfa hay my deer didnt eat garden waste and table waste,you name it in that circle to include all the leaves from the yard,that circle of compost is sitting right on top of a slate of stone about 10ft around,no clue how deep,but the spot is perfect for sunlight during day for a tree,so i let this compost pile break down,the web ,i have refilled the circle 3 times in 2 years,i have a peach tree planted right in the center of that pile,there is a pic some were around here of it i was showing aqua man,anyway,that pile of compost is now soil,very living soil,this whole year i have yet to water that tree,you can go up to it and stare at the soil and it moves,there is so many bugs,snakes worms you name it in that pile,even this damn feral cat i got lays on that soil because it is so cool during the day,plus she like to chase the snakes hahahah,have you ever heard of a rough snake?they eat worms,i got a mess them lives in there ,but i havent watered that tree one time this year.
true living soil dont need water or man kind help at all the soil takes it toll,when you harvest a plant living in soil ,there is no flush the plant just tell you when it time ,it will fade out and you will know when it time to take.
so if that is your plan right now is the time to start getting that soil and spot ready,and let it sit over winter and such

Scolymia7

Scolymia7

I have a buddy who is an organic outdoor Gardner, doesn't grow buds though. He enjoys my smoke but has been adamant I do an organic soil run and has offered will supply me compost or living soil. Like you he has a specific area and throws old plant waste, and what ever else is deemed organic/safe in his eyes. I know nothing about it. My biggest issue is smell, I have air scrubbers but living soil definitely smells "living". I only grow indoors.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I have a buddy who is an organic outdoor Gardner, doesn't grow buds though. He enjoys my smoke but has been adamant I do an organic soil run and has offered will supply me compost or living soil. Like you he has a specific area and throws old plant waste, and what ever else is deemed organic/safe in his eyes. I know nothing about it. My biggest issue is smell, I have air scrubbers but living soil definitely smells "living". I only grow indoors.
if smell is a issue for you look at bokashi,it is used for drains ,litter boxs and composting,it is great stuff,you can put a 5 gal bucket in your kitchen and fill it with your daily scraps put a spoon of bokashi on top it when you add and no smell,it will compost your stuff and leave a liquid ,that liquid is the best tea you can use for any plant.
bokashi is wheat bran with EM1 on it indengenious micro organism,those microbes be getting to work,you can use bokashi for every thing,you can even eat it,put on pet food,even put on meat and cover and predetors cant smell it once you cover it with soil.
i dont use any meats or sour fruits or onions in my compost,lemons ,oranges onions nothing like that,but every thing else ya buddy,now when it comes to my garden and container garden when i harvest it,if any plant has bugs ,it does'nt go to my compost

Scolymia7

Scolymia7

Shows I have so much more reading/ learning to do.... until your reply i assumed compost was compost, I think before investing in retail space reserved for my ladies I'm going to have to plan a small outdoor garden and plant a few things to "dip my toes in the water" or in this case dirt. Knowing my luck im going to enjoy and have a new hobby with half my back yard ending up a garden 🤣🤣. I tend to dive into hobbies. A 1 gallon beta fish tank turned into 700 ish gallons worth of coral reed tanks throughout my house.....ops 🙄🙄

Top Bottom