Young Seedlings Dying!

• Thread starter albertroid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
albertroid

albertroid

what kind of plant food? You did not dilute in water first? Sorry I know you have alot going on, but this is important imo.

I used this type of plant food (https://www.homedepot.com/p/Vigoro-Bold-Blooms-3-5-lb-Flowering-Plant-Food-120232/203092420) but only after my seedlings were already laying on its side for two days. I did this as a means to try to resurrect them but to no avail :c I know I shouldn't feed them that early in their life cycle but I was really trying to see if anything worked. How do you recommend feeding them (In the future once they're big and healthy)? Should I dissolve it in water first? Thanks.

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
I used this type of plant food (https://www.homedepot.com/p/Vigoro-Bold-Blooms-3-5-lb-Flowering-Plant-Food-120232/203092420) but only after my seedlings were already laying on its side for two days. I did this as a means to try to resurrect them but to no avail :c I know I shouldn't feed them that early in their life cycle but I was really trying to see if anything worked. How do you recommend feeding them (In the future once they're big and healthy)? Should I dissolve it in water first? Thanks.

You may of just put the nail in the coffin with the nutes. Most products on the market are concentrated and have to be diluted in water. Furthermore, making drastic changes only compounds your problems. I suggest starting fresh with just water, seed and a peat based medium like Fox Farms OF. Take a look at all the info thats available here, get the basics down first and next time you are unsure just post here first before attempting to "fix" anything. When you are experiencing problems there is usually no instant solution, alot of it is human error that can be corrected over time with subtle changes.

Last edited:
B

Burned Haze

Two things. First, I only have to water mine in Jiffy pots every other day. If you keep them too wet, they get damping off disease as several posters have noted. You also get fungus gnats. Second, you should not apply concentrated fertilizer. It's not clear from your post what the "2.5 teaspoons of plant food" were. Are you talking about concentrate? Crystals? I used the General Hydro solutions, diluted as shown on label, once a week and mine have grown great. Not plugging GH here, just noting one way to grow / water / fertilize them. Seedlings will grow for many days in jiffy pellets with no fertilizer, so I don't think that's the problem. I use them for all kinds of plants.

It looks like you're using LED lights. I would not expect them to be a heat problem within 12 inches of plants. I've had uds grow up through my (custom made) LED lights with no issues. Seedlings are a bit more sensitive, obviously. Try 18 inches or more above them.

Good luck with your next try.

Led’s don’t rely on heat as your calculations since look at a vero 29 at canopy it will only emit 1-2 degree difference (if your airflow is proper and proper heat sink ) , it’s the PPFD and true nature of the strength of the light that hurt it vs heat. In fact that’s why Led’s are a negative in a winter room if you don’t have a other kind of light to heat the room ( I use Led’s for my second stage in veg and it keeps it warm )

thing is a plants just like outdoors only want a certain amount of light or it’s just stress

Top Bottom