Younger fan leaves are different

• Thread starter Skeggox
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Skeggox

Skeggox

Some of the younger fan leaves have 9 while the majority of the plant have 7. Is this normal?

Skeggox

Skeggox

Alright. First time growing and I didn't know plants can hermaphrodite til the other day. I wasnt sure if there was other signs that would indicated that.

Sparky1980

Sparky1980

Alright. First time growing and I didn't know plants can hermaphrodite til the other day. I wasnt sure if there was other signs that would indicated that.
Absolutely normal. 9 bladed fan leaves are a good thing - shows health and vigor. It's when you start seeing 3 and 1 bladed fans that's cause for concern.

Skeggox

Skeggox

Gotcha. I'm surprised it's showing that type of growth. The soil is shit. Ph is 4ish according to the meter I have. I've been using bottled nutes and added lime as a top dressing today to level the ph

Skeggox

Skeggox

They're at 38 days. I'm using foxfarms grow and micro for feeding. It was the most convenient thing to get being at my local nursery. Sulfur isn't listed in the ingredients so I bought some gypsum but I'm not finding much info on using it as a top dressing. Would you recommend using something different?

Skeggox

Skeggox

In case you need something to judge by. I know they need it because they're not getting it (sulfur). Opinions on anything else would be greatly appreciated
20210620 231012

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
you say they, are they all in that pot? that would not be good at all.

Skeggox

Skeggox

I have 2 at 39 days. And 2 at 3 weeks. The 2 older plants have been low stressed trained . The canopy in the pic above looks more uniform than the other one .

Skeggox

Skeggox

You will have to ignore the fly strips. I left a window open for a few hours and the storm that came through made every damn fly take shelter in my grow.
20210620 211319

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
when i lived out west i couldnt have a touch screen because of the flies!

looking pretty though! good job!

Skeggox

Skeggox

when i lived out west i couldnt have a touch screen because of the flies!

looking pretty though! good job!
Appreciate it. They're coming out better than I anticipated. The 2 older ones have been through some stress. Lighting and pest issues from using outdoor compost

Top Bottom