Your best ideas for this grow situation

• Thread starter Aredrik
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Aredrik

Ok, wanted to get some opinions on what you would do in this situation...5'x3' grow closet,400 watt MH/HPS switchable ,5 Red Dragon seeds(fem),5 reg.Thai skunk,1 Super skunk(fem).I want to start the RDs and pick a good mother but want to see what you guys would try out with this setup. What are the best brand bulbs? SCrog? SoG?Topping?Supercropping? etc. I also have 3 sets of 4' flourescents I use for seedlings.Also I realize it's a skunk (never grown a skunk strain)but how hard is it to control scent with the super skunk and does it do well with Scrog?Anyway feel free to let rip your opinions on the best way to use my puny space. Thanks

R

Rural_GrowOp

First off your space isn't all that small. When I first started all I had was 3'x3' closet and I did pretty well in it with a 400 hps. Secondly what is your ceiling height? IMHO with a 400 either a SoG or SCroG would be the best as the light isn't strong enough to penetrate the canopy very far. I would use one of these methods and train your plants so that the canopy is even. You would be surprised with the yields you san get out of a small room if you take the time to do it right.

With the skunk smell question. I have never grown super skunk but I've grown some other skunk varieties and they do smell. Get an odor sock or can filter attached to your exhaust and you should be alright. You could also look into getting an ozone generator. They work pretty well in small spaces.

Hope that some of my ramblings help.

Peace

A

Aredrik

Thanks Rural..definitely helps.My ceiling is about 7' high.At the moment I don't have vent fans in or out.I have a small fan aimed right under the light between it and the canopy and have the closet door half open with another fan blowing in.I have had some temp issues on warmer days so I'm assuming with spring and summer coming I'm going to need to install an exhaust fan in the ceiling and have another bringing in air.Should I pull air from the crawl or from inside the house?And if you know, what size exhaust fan I should install?Thanks again.

hubcap

hubcap

what kinda air 'INtake' you got mapped out?
-nevermind...

*EDIT*****

how tall is the space?

R

Rural_GrowOp

I cant remember off hand how to size an exhaust fan. There's a good thread on it somewhere here I read a couple weeks ago. Just search for it in the search tab and you should get to it. I'm sure some other farmers will chime in eventually that can answer that better than me. I would look into an air cooled hood for your light. My friend has a similar setup as you I think his room is 5x4x5 and he runs 2 600's in there with air cooled hoods and his temps stay under 80.

If you bring in air from the crawl space I would make sure you have some type of filter on your intake line to reduce dirt and crap from the crawl getting in your room.

A

Aredrik

Ahhh that would definitely be the way I will go.Just have a crappy batwing type reflector now.Any suggestions on a good fan cooled hood for Sunsystem 10 (ballast) though it may not matter your brand of ballast.Sorry if I sound stupid ...still pretty new to this and just want to do it right.Heh,I figured if I'm going to risk it , might as well do the best strains I can and in the best way I can.Thanks guys.

Top Bottom