Your moms favorite's 1st UC grow

• Thread starter yourmomsfav
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Y

yourmomsfav

Hello all!
Ive been following this forum very closely since august and just want to start off by saying that all of you guys ROCK! Ive learned so much by just being of fly on the wall and reading every possible post from Jacks to f1y to bg's.
well here we go.

ill be running an 8 site UC xl13 w a side project of 4 bubble buckets

2kw w 2 quantum digital ballasts
DM Gold a/b and Zone only (gonna try the less is more method)
Nutes will be started @ 1/2 strength and Zone @ full

i plan on getting C02 and/or a chiller. Any Opinions on which i should get first? I really want the c02 to get things jump started but a chiller is always a great preventative tool.

strains: White Russian, Blue Satelite 2.2 which Ive started from seeds (Serious Seeds)
and a few Chem Dogs and Purple Pinecones which were started from clones which my buddy gave me

Your moms favorites 1st uc grow
Your moms favorites 1st uc grow 2
Your moms favorites 1st uc grow 3
Your moms favorites 1st uc grow 4
Your moms favorites 1st uc grow 5
Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Very clean setup! Looking forward to the show... I'd def get a chiller before the CO2 if you don't have a sealed room... :cool

Y

yourmomsfav

Room is approx 16 x12.

i do plan on running as a sealed room if possible.

my room temp is 71
humidity 39 %
ppms 430 (out of the tap its already 120)
ph is 5.4-5.6 (the trimeter cant make up its mind even after calibration)
water temp at the moment, fresh out the tap this time of month is 49 degrees. Lets see how it stabilizes in the room.
so far the only thing i have vented is the lights. i do have a fan in the room to move air around and being in the basement there seems to a minor amount of "fresh" air coming through the cracks and stuff.

deacon1503

deacon1503

Clean setup. Make sure u don't have any light getting through the top of ur net pots. Get a chiller for sure, one size larger than you need. Good luck!

Y

yourmomsfav

with some of the smaller plants i wrapped some black plastic around the tops of the net pots and filled the hydroton half way up. Once they get big enough I'll remove the plastic and fill to the top with the dog chow.

Photo on 2010 12 12 at 2151
M

Mr.Detroit

I see one problem... Flip your ballasts around... if you look at the back there is a sticker that says if your mounting vertically make sure this side is facing up... right now your arrow is pointing down lol other then that your setup is clean and nice.

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Nice and clean
Your gonna be happy with the system. Get a 1/4 hp chiller its not worth messing with the ickys.
BG

maxima32

maxima32

Dude your wheels are on fire ! Represent 861 style ! What happened to the Dj short Grape krush ? Get both co2 and a chiller. You know you will anyways !

U

UCtestn

I see one problem... Flip your ballasts around... if you look at the back there is a sticker that says if your mounting vertically make sure this side is facing up... right now your arrow is pointing down lol other then that your setup is clean and nice.

FYI. They want you to mount it that way to keep the power cord from falling out. It will not effect it's function in any way.

M

Mr.Detroit

FYI. They want you to mount it that way to keep the power cord from falling out. It will not effect it's function in any way.

I was not aware of that... I figured they wanted you to mount it that way because then the intake cooling fan would be pulling cool air from the bottom and exhausting the hot air up instead of blowing the hot air down... the arrow points in the direction of airflow it could be coincidence or on purpose I don't know.

Y

yourmomsfav

max - the grape krush didnt make it so i had to toss
mr. d - i flipped the ballasts around

looks like im on gonna grab a 1/4 hp chiller this weekend my water temps are at constant 74 degrees. for some reason i believe that maybe a lil too high. I'd like to keep the water temps at around 68. Is that the norm for the UC 68ish degrees?

U

UCtestn

LOL! Love the avatar/name combo.

Yeah, 68 seems to be the norm. Jack runs a little colder and goes down to low 60's to bring color out towards the end.

Latest posts

Top Bottom