Your moms favorite's 1st UC grow

• Thread starter yourmomsfav
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MediMary

Just curious how do the plants in the bubble buckets look compared to the UC plants in terms that brown stuff?

B

bangbang24

well looks like this run is not going according to plan. after battling Pneumonia for the past 2 weeks, i finally got the chance to check on my ladies...every one of them had slime covered roots.. so i tried some hydro fungacide for a week, no luck. so i drained the system cleaned w bleach- refilled and tried some peroxcide. helped a little bit but not much. i got the chiller set at 67. was running zone (the old batch-brown in color).
so tonite i decided to trim as much of the slimy roots off as possible hoping i get some nice clean "new" root growth.
so the million dollar question is should i just chaulk it up as a loss and start fresh with some new clones or keep trying to save these slimy/root rotted bitches?

Looks like yours are still in the 12" or less range? Might be more efficient to take freshly rooted, healthy clones that are showing signs of "vigorous growth" and throw 'em in a sterile UC... Be off to the races instead of waiting on root regeneration, and the plant to recover from any possible stress/shock that may have been caused.

Just my $0.02, same thing happened with my first batch of girls I threw in my 9 site evo. I screwed the pooch and lost all the girls with some wild pH fluctuations using some nutes that turned out being from a bad batch and had been mixed incorrectly. My girls all died for the cause.

Rockin' H+G now, sterile res, fresh babes, and I don't feel too far behind. It wasn't that I couldn't bring em back, just that I feel I would have cheated myself to have my first UC run be a "salvage grow" of any kind. I got these expensive blue plastic buckets because I wanted "SPECIMEN" size nugs on my ladies. I feel better knowing I have healthy cuts that can benefit from unimpeded growth. Feel like that's the best bet for hitting a home run.

I'll get off my soapbox now!

:animbong:

Y

yourmomsfav

@medi - the bubble buckets look awesome nice white healthy roots.
@bang - thanks for the advice, thats kinda what i was thinking of doing, just start fresh and clean

M

MediMary

@medi - the bubble buckets look awesome nice white healthy roots.

Anyone have any opinions why the bubble buckets look good?
what kind of air pumps are you using for them?

I have not ran the UC yet, although I do have one on site that I will be setting in a couple weeks, looking at the pondmaster 40 and the air it puts out, it seems like a lot of back pressure is created the way the airlines are plumbed, I plugged in the the 40 left all the valves open on the air splitter, and after about an hour the pump was warm, and Im guessing it might be pumping warm air into the UC causing temps to heat up.

Just an uneducated guess, from someone who hasnt had a run yet with the UC, and who is curious why the Bubbles are doing better than the UC.

Thanks for the journal yourmom, best wishes on the next round.

Peace n

maxima32

maxima32

definately not the pump! I run ap 100 on twelve bubble buckets and the pump gets hot as hell and still the roots have not rotted . Trust me yourmoms bubble bucket plants are fuckin insane compared the UC. Why i dont know but we will be finding out very soon !

M

MediMary

Have you guys came across anyone or anyway people are reducing the resistance thus making the pump run cooler, or have any ideas?

Is the UC pump also supplying the Bubble buckets? or you guys using different air pumps for those puppies?

Thanks Maxima for the answer, hope your feeling back top notch Yoursmoms.

Did the buckets get anything different than the UC, (nutrients, additives, h202...etc.)?

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

I been having funny problems with running the zone lately. I said fuck it went back to aquashield and added roots ecel from H & G and the roots blew up and pretty much doubled in size in 2 days. If you wanna try to save them I highly recommend trying this out I am 100% confident that your roots will blow up and get all nice and white again in just a couple days
Good luck
BG

maxima32

maxima32

funny you say that budgoggles cause i got a 8 site diy UC and fox farm 3 part is my shit ! I never touched dm products and my 4SD are flourishing .

B

bangbang24

I been having funny problems with running the zone lately. I said fuck it went back to aquashield and added roots ecel from H & G and the roots blew up and pretty much doubled in size in 2 days. If you wanna try to save them I highly recommend trying this out I am 100% confident that your roots will blow up and get all nice and white again in just a couple days
Good luck
BG
What strengths of all products would you suggest?

Top Bottom