Your moms favorite's 1st UC grow

• Thread starter yourmomsfav
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Str8Dank

Str8Dank

haha glad you liked the pic bro i think it fits better then your old one.

Y

yourmomsfav

Added a chiller today, got it set @ 68 degrees. Once the plants start showing a lil more growth I'll upload some pics.

S

Stu

Sweet set up man. And now that you have a chiller your set. A lot less things to worry about. And get that Co2 set up ASAP nothing like getting a few extra grows a year because of it. Come by and check out what I'm gonna get rocking here in a bit.

Y

yourmomsfav

anyone having this same thing happen in there epi? has a little "pond" smell. i JUST added a 1/4 hp chiller 2 days ago. plus ive been using zone full strength.

sorry bout the yellowish iphone pics

IMG 0436
IMG 0437
IMG 0438
IMG 0441
IMG 0442
motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Sweet set up man. And now that you have a chiller your set. A lot less things to worry about. And get that Co2 set up ASAP nothing like getting a few extra grows a year because of it. Come by and check out what I'm gonna get rocking here in a bit.

how would co2 get you a few extra grows a year?

even if co2 cut your flowering by a week your not going to get even 1 full extra grow a year, seriously

anyone having this same thing happen in there epi? has a little "pond" smell. i JUST added a 1/4 hp chiller 2 days ago. plus ive been using zone full strength.

sorry bout the yellowish iphone pics

pond smell is all bad - if your just running dm a/b and zone you should not be getting a funk smell

I would get some hydro fungacide ASAP and meanwhile I would drain/flush your system and then go with low ppm nutes (300-350 ppm) and 2 ml zone per gallon

also just judging by your epicent shots looks like you running your water level pretty low for how much root mass you have

Y

yourmomsfav

thanks for the reply ml. after looking at those shots close up def looks like algae. i guess those 74 degree water temps caught up to me. well drain, rinse & refill will be happening tonite. so glad i got a chiller now.

Y

yourmomsfav

whew! what a project. Drained the uc. broke out some bleach and paper towels to wipe as much of the muck off as i could. you wouldnt believe how much slime was on the uniseals alone! filled up with some nice clean, cold water some zone a very small amount of nutes to start. tomm ill grab some hydro fungacide. thanks again ML. glad i cleaned it out when i did.

Greenthumbnewb

Greenthumbnewb

chiller wont save ur UC life, keep an eye on those roots homie!

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

i would check the zone that your using for the algae problem i had a similar problem due to high water temps and possibly the zone... my zone as well as many others is a blueish green color lately which i didnt know at the time but is deffinatly different than the brown color it had been in the past... there isnt suppose to be anything wrong with it but im a little bit weary of it.. i stopped the zone and started 3% h2o2 and havent had any problems since.. nice roots and no more algae especially around them damn uniseals... i know exactley what u mean with that it was hooooorible on mine too

maxima32

maxima32

Been thinking of you and your adolescent family. Glad to see your update and hope another follows soon ! And as far as the pond smell ? Get bigger airstones asap ! ...............

S

Stu

how would co2 get you a few extra grows a year?

even if co2 cut your flowering by a week your not going to get even 1 full extra grow a year, seriously

Really? I was told it sped up growth a lot quicker. Haven't had a grow with it so I guess I don't know.

maxima32

maxima32

Co2 will make your plants grow anywhere from fifteen to thirty percent faster and bigger . As far as the speeding up of ripening time, I cant say that thats the case . If it did cut a week off the final stage of flower and you grew from seed with four harvest a year you would gain an extra month or so a year which would not be enough for an extra harvest. I can see it helping if your on a perpetual cycle with harvest on a monthly basis though, cause it definately speeds up the vegetative stage , but usually you taper off late in flower with co2 . just my two cents .........

B

bangbang24

Sub'd to this one for sure. Just got my UC filled for the first run myself. I'll be right behind you for sure... Learning as fast as possible!

Y

yourmomsfav

well looks like this run is not going according to plan. after battling Pneumonia for the past 2 weeks, i finally got the chance to check on my ladies...every one of them had slime covered roots.. so i tried some hydro fungacide for a week, no luck. so i drained the system cleaned w bleach- refilled and tried some peroxcide. helped a little bit but not much. i got the chiller set at 67. was running zone (the old batch-brown in color).
so tonite i decided to trim as much of the slimy roots off as possible hoping i get some nice clean "new" root growth.
so the million dollar question is should i just chaulk it up as a loss and start fresh with some new clones or keep trying to save these slimy/root rotted bitches?

Top Bottom