Your plants in VEG! Veg plant photo, cloning discussion , share your pre flower prep!

• Thread starter Mikedin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rama777

Rama777

@Trustfall Lemon Gojo x Red Velvet at 5 weeks from seed. Pretty slow growing but starting to pick up. Planning to keep these 6 tops even for a few more weeks, then top each one and flip a couple weeks later. Probably gonna be about 10-11 weeks in veg then flowered in a 3x3 tent in 7 gallon pots.
0DF7367E 1A35 489F 9A8E 1FEEAD763B3D

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
@Trustfall Lemon Gojo x Red Velvet at 5 weeks from seed. Pretty slow growing but starting to pick up. Planning to keep these 6 tops even for a few more weeks, then top each one and flip a couple weeks later. Probably gonna be about 10-11 weeks in veg then flowered in a 3x3 tent in 7 gallon pots.View attachment 2109682
Most gojo crosses are going to be a bit slower growth but you wanted as minimal stretch as possible. That’s why I suggested them.
The flavor will be strong though with good high 👊🏻

Rama777

Rama777

Most gojo crosses are going to be a bit slower growth but you wanted as minimal stretch as possible. That’s why I suggested them.
The flavor will be strong though with good high 👊🏻
I’m looking forward to it! Definitely not complaining about the growth rate! I’m a patient guy :))

Also full disclosure, I tried some new soil and it was too hot for the seedlings, plus had some relatively low temps for the first few weeks. That stunted them in the beginning so for sure they could be a bit farther along ;)

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
I’m looking forward to it! Definitely not complaining about the growth rate! I’m a patient guy :))

Also full disclosure, I tried some new soil and it was too hot for the seedlings, plus had some relatively low temps for the first few weeks. That stunted them in the beginning so for sure they could be a bit farther along ;)
Totally understand! Have you seen the captains Death Star x Gojo? She short but ewwww we! Looks so good! 😊

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

2 weeks and a half since germinating the seeds, i think i m past the point where damping off can happen so gonna discard all the extra seedlings soon.

2 and a half week more in veg and i should flip those girl to flower.

2x3x6 tent sog 8 plant 6L (1,6gal) pots SF2000 200W
P1040177
P1040176

B

Bdubs

i was reading through the post your veg plants thread. I see a lot of people showing 2 weeks veg and their plant is massive. And some show plants that are small and say it’s 2 weeks.

I think the 2-4 weeks of seedling stage is being anxiously reduced and peoples internal self selects the quicker signal of the first set of true leafs. And technically would be at 0 weeks veg because they short changed themselves on the “veg window”. They want to force themselves into an internal time clock that has them believing they are in veg but they are not.

I think that a lot of growers looking for fast yield lie to themselves saying they are in veg when reality is that their veg is 2 weeks younger. So someone saying 2 week veg with a tall plant doesn’t mean he gave her proper lighting!

If someone were to ask how my plants are so short for so long of a veg, I’d direct them to node spacing and giggle at their 12 inch node spacing.

Stretch is real and it makes a world of difference when you push flower. It is what makes people freak out about “oh man you plant is going to be 2x as tall. Well, not if you give it proper light intensity and distance. But if you hang at 40” all grow and the intensity isn’t high enough for being so far, Your going to have some stretched out girls.

Swirling stacked colas don’t come from nothing. Topping, side shoot removal and defoliating all grow long.

B

Bdubs

But it’s interesting to scroll and see what people have. Knowing what you know about light, distance and intensity and its affect on the plants node spacing and stretch. I tend to visualize how their lighting might be set up determined by their claimed veg time and how tall and wide the plant leaves have grown outward.

If you have a tall, huge leaf plant and it’s 2-3 weeks veg, she has those massive leaves to absorb more light. She needs them big or she doesn’t collect enough. So her leafs get massive and the node placing becomes wider because she also will be stretching to the light to get more.

Wild what knowledge does to your thought process when you know what your looking for.

B

Bdubs

Stretch is basically everything over growing for the same purpose, to collect more intense light and process more photons.

Well, guess what happens when you get too big and taking on more light energy? You forever continue to grow at a faster rate due to the now larger leaf area collecting more light and an unmoved light hanging high. So she keep trucking faster and faster…guess what, your still stretching and it isn’t just the light now, because it hasn’t changed, she is going to keep growing fast from massive leaf area see what I mean. So once people start the stretch train, it won’t stop the vigor of growth until light is adequate intensity and distance. But if they get momentum stretching, light isn’t enough to slow it down and you’ll burn and she will push right through from growth momentum.

If that makes sense. So it is tough to maintain proper lighting for super tight nodes all through veg. It seems to be a smaller plant but trust, when you push flower and that 4 weeks of stretch phase, you’ll have some stacked up nodes like crazy and making swirly stacked buds all the way up the cola with softball sized buds…at least coke can sized all the way from base to top….if you are doing the topping for main colas and stripping side shoots..with proper lighting.

B

Bdubs

Sorry I am doing this grow based off my cousins connoisseur grow. So I am taking all advise from him on light and temps and all that affect stretch. He got a massive yield from tailored colas and topping. So, I am down to try his tricks.

He isn’t a cannabis grow expert or anything, but he is a major green thumb. Becauee of that he always tries to tell me hydro is too much work and too many variables.. I always tell him that he is funny, because I see more soil growers crying about what soil they picked may be causing their problems, oh no it’s the nutes, oh it’s Ph, oh I am a week late seeing that I am mute locked, oh I underwatered and have root fungus, or overwatered and now I am overwatered and no way to correct it other than wait and hope the roots done suffocate, 🤓 like cmon dude.

He beats me up because he knows I know more than him because hydro pushed me to understand every detail there is to keep them healthy. He can only read leafs…the leafs I’ve already analyzed and corrected lol. 😂

Hydro is so quick to diagnose and correct, soil growers lose growth time because they take a long time to diagnose before correction and then wait for correction to prove they did the right thing. Nah, hydro will tell me 2 days later, 1-2 days before you even get to think about watering again. And if you don’t runoff check your soil, you’re doing your plant a disservice by not analyzing her health.

Top Bottom