Your Thoughts, On My Lights And Box?

• Thread starter JediGrow53
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JediGrow53

JediGrow53

I am building a box that is 3' x 6' and 7' tall. I have TWO 450 watt Viparspectra LED grow lights, and ONE 400 watt Tube MH/HPS. I am Growing 6 plants and I'm building two rotating circular platforms (Like a Lazy Susan of sorts) each with 3 plants, all in 5 gallon smartpots. The MH/HPS is centered between the two platforms with an LED on each side.
My main question is whether this going to be too much light? Or would I be better off rotating 3 plants at a time using a combination of the fixtures I have in a separated veg and bloom cycle?
Any thoughts at all would be appreciated.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I am building a box that is 3' x 6' and 7' tall. I have TWO 450 watt Viparspectra LED grow lights, and ONE 400 watt Tube MH/HPS. I am Growing 6 plants and I'm building two rotating circular platforms (Like a Lazy Susan of sorts) each with 3 plants, all in 5 gallon smartpots. The MH/HPS is centered between the two platforms with an LED on each side.
My main question is whether this going to be too much light? Or would I be better off rotating 3 plants at a time using a combination of the fixtures I have in a separated veg and bloom cycle?
Any thoughts at all would be appreciated.
Welcome!!! Its never too much light if you can keep the heat down. I would say run all the light... no need to cycle.

fatawa

fatawa

I totally agree on light.never too much,keep yur humidity right in veg tho.you said building a box?are you covering walls with panda film or plastic?just wondering cause plywood soaks yur humidity up

hillbil

hillbil

Good plan for the lights you have and you will want to run hps bulb....LEDs have plenty of blue.

JediGrow53

JediGrow53

General Idea worked well... however, only certain phenotypes will work. Three plants on the size of susan I used is not possible. Longer veg with a third susan and three plants fills out the area well. The Air Box chamber for the intake air the best feature I believe. Air is filtered, dehydrated, CO2 is added, and set to temp before it enters the box. 430 CFM hurricane for exhaust. 190 CFM for intake mix procedure. temps are very manageable so far.

20170412 061830
20170323 151508
Top Bottom