Youtube grow vids a NO NO - Please read!

• Thread starter theherbalizor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey farmers.

I just wanted to bring some news to your attention.

A very good friend of mine, and member of various boards liked to post his grows up on Youtube.

This is a practice to which I find highly dangerous, stupid and irresponsible, but I know a lot of you guys post on Youtube also. (Same goes for social networking sites)

Well as Cannabis is in the news so much atm, a local growshop was getting media coverage. Questioning customers and people passing by about weed and the community etc.

The next day, my friend wakes to find his grows that he has posted up on Youtube plastered all over his local rag and online.The article explains that the paper have forwarded on all information to the local constabulary and they are looking into the crime.

So come on guys, its time to wake up and smell the herbs. Posting our grows online on these growing forums, in most peoples eyes is more than silly, but posting on sites like Youtube is just asking for trouble.

If you have a youtube grow, please delete it. It is not needed to have lots of outlets for your grow images.

I have held back the members name as by publishing this would be very disrespectful and even more of a security risk for him. And if you work out who this member is, please keep private. No public posting.

Its time to start using the old Grey matter guys.

Many thanks

theherbalizor

M

Midori

i agree with this.. and specially this will get too much attention for the anti's. but to those licensed growers it is ok to post many as you want..but for me it is better to show or post ur grow in these forum :D

D

Donk Frog

It's a double edged sword, on one hand it brings risk to self , but on the other it bring attention to the amont of people that grow, we need to attack the media not just gov't on reform issues it is negative canna media IE the doppy dad headline (meaning to the paper all people who toke are dumb somehow?) Everyone needs to pick up a pen in there towns and start writing the local big editors and let them know now you are sick of seeing negitive anti-cannabis stories and to print more positive things or nothing at all.

K

Kilo

:icon_dizzy::icon_dizzy: abosutely speechless!! :icon_dizzy::icon_dizzy:... :scared0016:

K

kill-9

I would also recommend www.invalid.com to upload pictures of your grow.

It's run by the The Pirate Bay administration. And we all know they don't cooperate with anybody. Not even their own government. They're going through a court case for www.thepiratebay.org They've been sued by just about everybody and they just laugh it off as shown here:

http://thepiratebay.org/legal

It's a public upload site and they offer the ability for you to delete pictures as long as you specified a removal code when you uploaded your pictures.

Notoriousskunk

Notoriousskunk

wow i wudent even do that on youtube its to public for me i am paro enuff, but wats the security risk in these forums? we dont kno who is watching and can they get us if they really wanted?, i am sick to death of negative image of cannabis in the news and papers because of kids smoking , i kno more kids on mdma and coke then cannabis and youngsters should be educated propery to not fuck wid drugs till there brain has matured and so on a so forth the gov is just shooting them self by reclassification to B in the uk as people like do do things the more they aint suppose to. wen the class dropped to c not to long ago the use of cannabis drop heavily so y they putting it up again, Arse holes

Grow for life

N$

T

twisted metal

That sucks but I know when people grow they tend to feel to good about what they do. They tend to want to share it with the world. Now people who post there grows on these type of forums along with lots of other info that should be kept to themselves, the kicker is im sure about 80% type all this from there grow house, and maybe while stealing an internet signal, and using a free proxy thinking there safe.

There really is not a lot of people that know how to cover there trails and thats scary. Well with this whole youtube thing it will make a lot of people not make the same mistake. Iv seen to many sloppy growers through out the years and one can only learn from other peoples mistakes. Anyways thanks for the post, with this news and Australia banning any drug related websites its a sad day.

H

herby

Interesting, I was just asking about this earlier tonight.
Im not sure how a proxy actually works. How does the info get from your cp to the proxy server? Or is you cp connected directly to a proxy server so nothing is picked up by your isp.

K

kill-9

Yes, your computer is directly connected to the proxy server. They do this for speed, tor for exaple is another type of "proxy" that randomizes packets before they reach the destination, the gateway, that only servers see, so it's a bit slower.

Your ISP still definitely knows what you're doing. DNS requests are still made by your ISP's DNS servers, so they know what sites you visit. DNS is basically resolving websites into numbers.

For example, 222.222.222.222 is a potential webaddress.

Back in the day, you would type in 4 sets of numbers with those same 4 periods and it would take you to a website. This was ok in the beginning as there were literally only a handful of websites in the early days of the web. As more people got numbers, it was impossible to remember them all. So they started using names such as example.com to resolve to numbers. Thats what DNS servers do, resolve example.com to a certain number address.

For example. Since Microsoft is a huge website, they have multiple servers and multiple numbers to resolve to their website:

Proxy servers only control traffic on Port 80 which is the web port.

DNS happens on different ports.

When you specify a proxy, you also specify the port 80 for web browsing.

H

herby

Thanks for the answer on that one. So, if your isp still knows what your up to what is the safe way to post?

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
it is DEF a double-edged sword..............but too me, and I would NEVER post anything on youtube.....that place is just ridiculous imo...............this is VERY similar to the Gay Rights movement of the past...............if the govt. is able to "scare us back into the closet", then what progress can be made. So on one hand.....if you WANT change to come.....you have to step out of the closet and be proud of our meds......but on the other hand......you also run the risk of becoming a martyr in the laws eyes.

talk amongst yourselves,
bf

K

kill-9

an ssh tunneling service like logic recommended here:

You can do ssh tunneling on your computer, it will encrypt DNS requests but only to outside viewers, ISP still knows what you're doing. The service that Logic linked forwards your DNS requests to THEIR server and not your ISP's.

If you find a service, just make sure they're outside of the united states and isn't so inclined to automatically help americans. Post-Bush, that shouldn't be too hard to do.

J

jdubz206

what do you guys think about photobucket? i have an account and i know many others do as well, my albums are all set to private but it still makes me think i might be better off deleting the account...i am a med patient and am 100% legit but i've been thinking of this for a while now...i'd like to hear what you all think...thanks!

K

kill-9

I always suggest to upload pictures on a site that is not in your country. No matter where you're from, excluding the Swedish, they can always use invalid.com no matter what lol

Doing a simple whois on invalid.com

Technical Contact:
invalid.com LLC
Alex Welch
PO Box 13003
Denver, CO 80201
US
Phone: +1.7203814095
Email: [email protected]

It operates out of Denver, Colorado. American companies are just sometimes too eager to cooperate with law enforcement, and if I were an admin of photobucket, why the fuck not? What have I got to lose.

THCfarmer has albums here that you can upload to, or invalid.com is what I use.

No on uploading grow pics on photobucket.

J

jdubz206

thanks 4 the info! i appreciate it. that's what i was thinking, i've been uploading all new pics to thcfarmer's local gallery anyways...i agree w/what u said above...i'll be using invalid.com for sites w/o galleries...when you post on multiple sites, using each site's gallery takes a bit too much time for me :)

jah_hoover

jah_hoover

I dont grow at my house or keep bud here exept a few g's for me to smoke and i use sum1 elses net to upload vids. So its all cool for me but for those who do grow at home and have stuff you dont want the feds to find never post on youtube.

Gray Beard

Gray Beard

Safety First

I couldn't agree more. I noticed someone mentioned IP address. I am sure most folks here know that you can hide your real IP from prying eyes. Only $10/month. I can forward the website to whomever is interested.

Top Bottom