Youtube grow vids a NO NO - Please read!

• Thread starter theherbalizor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
smokey79

smokey79

be lil descrete, if it not legal for you take measures but dont get in thier faces n it like area 51 info,disinfo,overinfo, can be as good as no info, if there too much they not going pick us out, but there's the numbers game hit majority and due to law we are made underground as were coloured n gays and to doubt ourselfs suffer from thier propaganada n media feeding coz we not sayin bad info re weed, sure there mental ill folk that smoked weed bet they had a cuppa but cafine kl- but we get too wasted we dont realise we are the majority just every pot lover put end to it all and put pen paper takes the time it takes to do you grow you done it and if we all do it , nil problem or we stay underground playin this game????

smokey79

smokey79

^^^^apologise one shitty connection^^^ essentially no if you put info out there it out there, n they will find savvy tech if they willin, utube will perpetuate this, VOTE, a vote from every pot lover would solve this, and dont allow taxation it is ones right to live as they please and grow in thier own propety-how the Spanish did it, an it dam good way,however present circ the £$3$£$£ from herb legit and medicinal values are possibly its strongest political punch, not to mention biofuel from byproducts...the info there, we just need to rise up, dont let them beat us down they cant come after us all it a money thang!
Internet best thing even torr tactic is to overload info more peeps use torr n privacy protetors less one stands out doin it, n as much as we pull shit off the web how many copy's foating about, we jus playin the game,,,vote or play on...

HeisenBOG

HeisenBOG

There was a ruling stating that copyright infringement cases cannot allow for someone to be sued by IP address alone. So:

Ip Address ≠ Person

Unless you have information elsewhere, an IP alone should not be enough to bring you down. Nonetheless, don't feed them shit, and they won't have shit. ;-)

Copyright infringement is a silly civil matter, not a Felony charge.

SpiderK

SpiderK

German journalists recently revealed that the National Security Agency has a program to collect information about people who use privacy-protecting services, including popular anonymizing software called Tor. But it’s not clear how many users have been affected.

So we did a little sleuthing, and found that the NSA’s targeting listcorresponds with the list of directory servers used by Tor between December 2010 and February 2012—including two servers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Tor users connect to the directory servers when they first launch the Tor service.

That means that if you downloaded Tor during 2011, the NSA may have scooped up your computer’s IP address and flagged you for further monitoring. The Tor Project is a non-profit that receives significant funding from the U.S. government.

http://www.psmag.com/navigation/nat...ne-unexpected-way-land-nsas-watch-list-85860/

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The MOMENT you access the outside world via inet, UNLESS you're using an open IP address (public, like at Mickey D's or Charbucks) you're naming yourself. Period. Tor doesn't protect you, using any other proxy does not protect you, only staying offline can truly protect you.

That said, I say take advantage of the fact that you're likely a very, very wee fish in a gigantic sea with lots of bigger fishes that make very tasty targets. Don't make yourself a tasty target.

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

Great post! Unfortunately there is no such thing as being anonymous online. I dismantled my grows until I can move to a medical state (should be moving in a few months), but even then the only person besides myself who knew about my grows was my wife. After moving even and growing with a medical card, the only person who needs to know about my grow is my wife. My wife isn't as involved in growing as I am, but she knows to keep it between the two of us; in her home country growing herb is potentially a death sentence so she understands the importance of keeping it quiet. The old saying "loose lips sink ships" can't be more true when it comes to our hobby. I never knew a grower that got busted when he/she kept to themselves, paid their bills, and followed some common sense safety practices. Remember folks, even a legal grow isn't immune to federal harassment or someone kicking in your door to rob you.

Stay safe everyone.

Weedseed420

Weedseed420

Well-Known Farmer
Supporter
great post i allways wondered how these people got away with the youtube thing i guess they dint just took the chance to me to risk is to high,,,

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You can pay money, but if you're accessing via your ISP, that's it, you've ID'd yourself. It won't help you do much of anything except spend your money on something else.

Look up CALEA. The government has their own equipment in telco/ISP central offices that the telcos/ISPs cannot access.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Not to doubt what you have read @Seamaiden , But I hardly think the Government has as much technology as the put in writing, mainly to try to deter non-suspecting peeps from trying these methods...
Kinda like the "Prohibition Propaganda" the US Gov. fed us for over 40 years....Lol
I Have a very good source of current technologies in the securities Industries, and I can assure you... You can hide from everyone...
It just costs $ is all.
Here is a link to an Issue that proves my case..
http://wishtv.com/2016/01/20/cyber-threat-continues-during-forum-in-plainfield/
Bro,What seamaiden stated is 100% true and where she is sourcing her info from is not secondhand or conspiracy theory shit,guaranteed!If anything they have way more then they are telling us.

Bigeasyboss

Bigeasyboss

so here it is safe? i was assuming it was. im usually not paranoid but i was when i took this pic
I know this post is pretty old but was just wondering what I should do? The English constabulary (policeeee) helicopter hovered over the top of my little (big) treehouse,he stated there for about 4 mins and didn't move,bit strange huh? What should I do he definately wasn't just eatig a McDonald's whilst hovering ? Someone give me advice

newbie1

newbie1

On a similar note, regular old JPG images can have a lot of hidden data in them that you might not want to have floating around. Think dates, camera make and model, even GPS info on some phone cameras! There is free software called jhead that allows the removal of JPG header info. To make things easiest, make a folder right under the c:\ drive - let's say c:\jpg - and put the jpgs you want to strip headers out of, along with jhead.exe (downloaded from the link above). Go to Start->Run and type "cmd", then click ok. This will bring up a command prompt. At the command prompt, type "cd c:\jpg" (minus the quotes of course), then "jhead -purejpg *.jpg" (again excluding the quotes). It should say something like "image.jpg modified" for each image in the directory to let you know the headers have been stripped. Stay safe!
Just turn off gps when taking pics and you should be fine. I see where your coming from though. Better not to take unecassary risks.

M

medlife

this should be a no brainer...
but judging from all the grows there.....

horace greely was right:

"common sense IS very uncommon."

-hubcap-
what if you post on public computers with random emails just for the refrence of posting videos on forums

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Hey farmers.

I just wanted to bring some news to your attention.

A very good friend of mine, and member of various boards liked to post his grows up on Youtube.

This is a practice to which I find highly dangerous, stupid and irresponsible, but I know a lot of you guys post on Youtube also. (Same goes for social networking sites)

Well as Cannabis is in the news so much atm, a local growshop was getting media coverage. Questioning customers and people passing by about weed and the community etc.

The next day, my friend wakes to find his grows that he has posted up on Youtube plastered all over his local rag and online.The article explains that the paper have forwarded on all information to the local constabulary and they are looking into the crime.

So come on guys, its time to wake up and smell the herbs. Posting our grows online on these growing forums, in most peoples eyes is more than silly, but posting on sites like Youtube is just asking for trouble.

If you have a youtube grow, please delete it. It is not needed to have lots of outlets for your grow images.

I have held back the members name as by publishing this would be very disrespectful and even more of a security risk for him. And if you work out who this member is, please keep private. No public posting.

Its time to start using the old Grey matter guys.

Many thanks

theherbalizor
I haven't posted anything about cannabis on YouTube as well I'm glad I read your posting. But what about this site? Is my privacy endangered when I post pics here? I always use my incognito tab for this site.

ArmedGeek

ArmedGeek

There are applications out there you can use to clean any meta data from video/images. Turning off GPS isn't enough, as there is still a digital footprint left behind. There are ways to remain anon, but it involves extreme measures. I agree uploading grows to youtube is about the dumbest thing you can do. However, if you choose to do so...Windows is your biggest enemy. I recommend using Tails live OS. You can install the image to a thumb drive and boot strait to it. The OS runs in ram, so when the PC shuts down, the ram is cleared and there is no trace. It uses the tor network to browse so the only worry you have is allowing your ISP to see you connecting to tor. If this bothers you, setup a bridge. There are more extreme measures one can go to such as using a whonix gateway. :\ i really am a geek.....

Enforcer

Enforcer

I'm in a rec legal state. I know this thread is a little old but from my point of view I don't see where all the secrecy is necessary anymore. Cannabis is EVERYWHERE here. I have 6 dispensaries within 2 miles of my house. The local nursery was advertising "grow your own dope at home" on a FoxFarms nute display. Even though it is still federally illegal, I don't worry about cops. They dont give two shits about my 3 plants. There are literally thousands of rec growers here now. Not to mention the thousands of Med growers that have been here for the last 10 years. Hundreds of acres of legal commercial grows, just outside of the state capital. Hell, one of those YouTube channels (weed school) is a legal commercial grow in southern Oregon. Sessions can piss and moan all he wants, but there is no way they are going to get THAT genie back in the bottle. Prohibition is over and legalization is spreading. It's just going to take a little more time for some of the old "reefer madness" guard to retire.

Top Bottom