Youtube grow vids a NO NO - Please read!

• Thread starter theherbalizor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cigarifama

Plenty of growers have been caught via tapped communications.. I think it would be very simple to track ones online activity.. They don't need to track your every move in real time. Once they suspect you, all they need to do is follow pre programmed key words. It's very simple.. It would take less effort than to tap your phone... Wether it's warranted or legal, is up for debate, but when did you ever trust your government?

F

fr0stysm0ke

Good tip Kill-9. SSH tunneling is the best bet. Alot of people use proxies etc, but still use DNS of there ISP ;D Same with most VPN alot of DNS is sent via clear text while everything else is encapsulated inside the VPN. SSH will work flawless, given you have a good box to exit from that is not traceable back to you.

You could also use TOR network. http://www.torproject.org/ Though this too has been proven to be trackable. A lot of people install TOR exit nodes and run packet sniffers, just to see what information people are sending. It may be anonymous, but by no means any more secure ;D Plenty of anonymous VPN services online with exit points that do not log any sort of connection. Unless you are 100% sure the proxy is configured right and does not log any connections AND you have control of every router in between you and the proxy, it can not be trusted. VPN or some sort of SSH tunnel is the only way to go.

If you want to defeat most webserver logs from logging your real IP address, one simple step you can do to begin this journey. Is to use a plugin with firefox to modify client HTTP headers. Add one for X-Forwarded-For and then set an IP address. While this does not truly hide the source where you are coming from, it does fool some webserver logs. Including apache ;D Good Luck and Happy safe farming!

P

plant-lover68

The media practices censorship in regards to medical cannabis and takes their cue for what's supposed to be professional jounalism from the LEO. Mostly, they practice yellow journalism and brand anyone who is pro-cannabis or pro-hemp as brain damaged dope heads or addicts and criminals.
Think I'll play the Tapestry ablum by Carole King and listed to Smackwater Jack for how things work in the real world. lol

T

tricomb

There's more videos that ever on YouTube rite now...a few of the bigger guys took theirs down though...

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

There is a name for this phenomenon.... I think Darwin called it natural selection

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I know its a sticky - but BUMP anyhow

Hey farmers.

I just wanted to bring some news to your attention.

A very good friend of mine, and member of various boards liked to post his grows up on Youtube.

This is a practice to which I find highly dangerous, stupid and irresponsible, but I know a lot of you guys post on Youtube also. (Same goes for social networking sites)

Well as Cannabis is in the news so much atm, a local growshop was getting media coverage. Questioning customers and people passing by about weed and the community etc.

The next day, my friend wakes to find his grows that he has posted up on Youtube plastered all over his local rag and online.The article explains that the paper have forwarded on all information to the local constabulary and they are looking into the crime.

So come on guys, its time to wake up and smell the herbs. Posting our grows online on these growing forums, in most peoples eyes is more than silly, but posting on sites like Youtube is just asking for trouble.

If you have a youtube grow, please delete it. It is not needed to have lots of outlets for your grow images.

I have held back the members name as by publishing this would be very disrespectful and even more of a security risk for him. And if you work out who this member is, please keep private. No public posting.

Its time to start using the old Grey matter guys.

Many thanks

theherbalizor

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
Shit hit the fan on YT a couple weeks ago. One guy got popped which led to another... Now most of the people who were posting grow vids have either pulled all their vids or closed their accounts.

Here's a link to the news story.

C

cannadabiss

Sorry to hear this is happened to this person.. Still, I think it sucks we have to be a secret society in ways

soserthc1

soserthc1

Well said....and YouTube logs all your IPs, so if plod really wants to come have a look at your grow, and you're not using a proxy, they'll know where to look. The same isn't true of THCF where IP isn't logged.

just deleted utube account though i have not posted any videos in a year but better safe than sorry... now the farm is safe correct?

R

ruscom

some of the youtube vids are pretty entertaining, but who in their right mind includes their face to go with it is beyond me lol. Me thinks they need a break from the bong before making decisions like that hehe

SoCal 420

SoCal 420

Might as well post on Face Book... Everyone's heard the Horror stories about posting your Life / Bizz there... I'll Pass

F

FellowTraveler

pffft

All I see here is a lot of hand waving and stoned thinking.

There isn't anything wrong with posting a grow from a totally unrelated location.

Like free cafe wifi while on vacation.

Or just the cafe down the street if you live in any major town as long as your grow isn't huge.

If it is, save it for that next outta town trip.

Obviously, you don't leave an e-trail by doing something retarded like posting from an account you ever log into again.

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
Agreed ^^^

You just have to be smart about it if you're going to do it.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Great info here guys, it's nice to know what a fella's options are. Since I knew about the GPS tagging, I never took a pic of pot, mine or anyone else's.

K

kolah

If the PIGS want to get your IP address (which will identify your physical address), they'll get it...no matter what.
In this age of Orwellian surveillance NONE of the internet is "private, secure or safe."

c6j0e3

c6j0e3

Anything that utilized javascript clashes with anonymity. Even on TOR or a VPN, javascript has the ability to reveal your actual IP address.

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

damn man I was just thinking about this the other day what a trip. Some people even give you a whole tour of their rooms showing their faces and what not...
A very dangerous way to beg for attention if you ask me. if you want attention, this isn't the hobby for u!

What's changed since then about your outlook on posting on utube? correct me if I'm wrong but you have a very entertaining show which will remain nameless(unless you want to be named) in which you and your friends give a tour of there pieces/herb/rooms and show there faces?
some of the youtube vids are pretty entertaining, but who in their right mind includes their face to go with it is beyond me lol. Me thinks they need a break from the bong before making decisions like that hehe
I read somewhere that the farm doesn't log ip, but what about the new server we just switched to?

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
If the PIGS want to get your IP address (which will identify your physical address), they'll get it...no matter what.
In this age of Orwellian surveillance NONE of the internet is "private, secure or safe."

No doubt about that. Big brother is always watching...
That's why Al Gore invented the internet! ;)

That Guy was going a bit too far...600 plants in a back yard with little kids running though the plants...then advertising on you tube..... yeah...they kinda had to bust him.

c6j0e3

c6j0e3

There was a ruling stating that copyright infringement cases cannot allow for someone to be sued by IP address alone. So:

Ip Address ≠ Person

Unless you have information elsewhere, an IP alone should not be enough to bring you down. Nonetheless, don't feed them shit, and they won't have shit. ;-)

azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

Ever hear the joke about hiker # 1 and 2 ? Hiker one said to hiker 2 " don't move there is a bear" Hiker 2 said "why are you taking off your backpack, you can't outrun him" Hiker one says " I know, I can outrun you".

I love the idea about everyone stepping into the light and lifting the middle finger to the feds, however the damage done to the unlucky few is horrendous. They are targeted because of pure stupidity, being at the wrong place at the wrong time (ie net) or to be made a political prisoner. In every search I do on the net I state MMJ, I use Tor and use to use Scroogle before google found a way to kill that.

I have a FB page however in my about me I speak directly to the Feds and state that I am a MMJ card holder (truthfully) and all security measures I take are directed towards criminals. You see one thing the police say is that they have no way of knowing who is a legit card holder and who isn't until they kick your door in. Here in Arizona they aren't allowed to have access to the database the department of health maintains, so i guess they are correct. If I exercise my freedom of speech (of which I advocate) I have to worry about becoming a political target, I should be able to tell my local law enforcement that I cultivate (not saying I am lol) however, political figures have an ax to grind with me.

So to those who do post on you tube, thank you for allowing me to take my backpack off while you keep them busy, and I'll come back with medical help, just roll up in a ball.

Top Bottom