YouTube video traps cannabis grower

• Thread starter FastForward
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FastForward

A cannabis grower let police in on his secret hobby after posting home videos of the crop on YouTube, it has emerged.

The 25-year-old was arrested after officers saw footage on the website documenting the stages of growth at his home in Bridgwater, Somerset.

The man made his arrest even easier after using his real name as his "internet handle".

Police searched the house and seized one large cannabis plant and associated hydroponics equipment used to maximise heat and light conditions.

PC Adrian Peck, of Avon and Somerset police, said: "The male had been videoing the growth of the plant over a number of months and uploading his horticultural endeavours onto the site to document it - providing us with fairly conclusive evidence.

"The cultivation of cannabis is illegal. If you break the law and are foolish enough to then advertise your criminal activities on the internet, it makes it very easy for the Police to catch you."

Police said the cannabis produced by the single plant could have had a potential street value of up to £500; both the plant and growing equipment will be destroyed.

The man admitted the offence of cultivating cannabis, now a Class B drug, and received an official police warning.

The force said it was not its policy to release the names of people who are warned and confirmed that the videos have been removed from the site.

Source:

Youtube video traps cannabis grower
N

Nuglover

Duhhh! Even used his real name eh? Why do they call it COMMON sense anyway? And what exactly is an official police warning? Around here if you you got popped growing the only warning would be "don't pick up the soap!".

T

tenacious

Supporter
mama always said, "stupid is; what stupid does"

U

ukcheesehead

what a fool lol . when i used to upload on utube i allways used a open wifi network down the road ...Police said the cannabis produced by the single plant could have had a potential street value of up to £500 so the plant was about oz then lol we all know what the feds are like with weights lol .last month a mate got pulled with a bar of soap (i know how sad to smoke it but he likes it . he payed £200 for it and that tryed to say its worth £700 ffs . around myparts soap goes for £30 a oz the feds must know that .....

R

RansacktheElder

A definite "Darwin Award" winner. The gene pool is much better off with him out of circulation for a while.

R

RansacktheElder

what a fool lol . when i used to upload on utube i allways used a open wifi network down the road ...Police said the cannabis produced by the single plant could have had a potential street value of up to £500 so the plant was about oz then lol we all know what the feds are like with weights lol .last month a mate got pulled with a bar of soap (i know how sad to smoke it but he likes it . he payed £200 for it and that tryed to say its worth £700 ffs . around myparts soap goes for £30 a oz the feds must know that .....

They do the same thing over here in the states....It always kills me when they come on the news and say they busted a qurter million dollar grow. Turns out they were weighing the whole damn plant, roots, dirt and all. They get more federal funds on a type of quota system. Governments need to have a war on poverty and leave the damn smoke alone. But I'm preaching to the choir on here.

L

LTG

Mama used to also say ..."Life is like a box of Chocolates, You Never know what you are going to get." ............especially if you pick up that soap.

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
And that isnt the man I was on about in my previous Youtube post a few days ago!

R

RansacktheElder

And that isnt the man I was on about in my previous Youtube post a few days ago!

OMG! I thought I had seen a post like this a few days ago. Man, that would mean that there's a real effort to monitor online grow activity maybe? At least in the UK, or some area of the UK. Not to ratchet up any paranoia, but is that a conclusion anyone else comes to?

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Very diferent parts of the country.

Simply Youtube is not meant for postings of illegal activities. Its main use is for family media entertainment. Posting grows etc is really asking for trouble.

This is pure coincidence.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
The way I read it, it was media outlet doing a story that found it and reported it to the local police. In both stories, the grower gave away personal details (local landmarks, name!?!?!).

Herb is right on the money, don't post grows on youtube.

G

greyfx

Although the he wasn't smart but maybe he didn't care. Maybe he was trying to educate people. I don't think this man should be charged with anything. Maybe if everyone came out of the so called "closet" and became more open the world would see.

I try to educate everyone I can but also be as careful as possible. If we educate everyone we can legalize cannabis just like it should be.

T

toxic avenger

It is a shame for the people involved. Nonetheless natural selection at its best what a crazy world we live in..its funny how things in life mimic nature..and we all spend years trying to do the same...

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
all i have to say is that guy is a true dumbshit

C

Cannata62

maybe this guy didn't care if the police caught him! I mean cmon for one plant who would really be all that concerned. Besides why are we ripping on this guy anyways, hes just like us, he just wants to grow his sweet cheebah. We're all in it together; how can we win a war when we are supposed to be on the same side fighting the government. Rather than rip on this guy who got off on a warning(?), maybe we should be focusing on the governments for how rediculous they have become to act like they control the world and the internet. Its like they are taunting us sayin, we're watching your every move..Wheres our freedom and privacy? Im sure if they really wanted to they could hack far enough on the internet to get any one of our names, pictures, videos, including our IP addresses and shit which would eventually lead them right to us anyways

A

arpege

I think he meant that "don't pick up the soap in the shower at the prison..

Top Bottom