ZHO

• Thread starter Graywolf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Graywolf

Graywolf

2-13-14

Greetings Folks!

We have some exciting news. We, at Z Air Inc. developed yet another great product called MZ 12X. MZ 12X is an organic gas that is engineered to be stronger than PureZho. While MZ 12X is flammable it is NOT explosive like butane. Like any other compressed gas caution should be taken when using MZ 12X. We are confident that you will not be disappointed.

While we are working with potential distributors in different regions we are launching a special web promotion, so be sure to check out our website for more info. Launching of this product is scheduled to be on or before Feb 20th. Also check out our YouTube video at :

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mz12x&sm=1

Once again we thank you for all your continuous support and enthusiasm. Have a great week and email us with any questions/comments.

Sincerely,

Staff at Z Air, Inc.

2-14-14

Ladies/Gentlemen:

For me to use your product, or indeed to even take you seriously, you must provide me with MSDS's sheets, which are also required by law.

I've requested those, as have others, but thus far to no avail.

Please supply me with those documents, if you plan to continue to sell your product in the US, because I will draw your failure to do so to the attention of the proper authorities.

Graywolf

PS: Nothing personal. That law is there for a reason, and if you care to research court cases of those who thought they didn't have to comply, you will find that they uniformly lost.

2-20-14

MSDS is listed on our website.

Thank you.

2-21-14

Thank you!

That also puts things in perspective, although your MSDS doesn't reflect it.

Methylene Chloride MSDS sheets by others show it to be a Class 2-B carcinogen. Perhaps you might update your MSDS sheet to include that data?

Peace, Graywolf

Blaze

Blaze

So this stuff might not be as safe as they claim it would seem? I knew it sounded too good to be true....

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

glad you looked into it, i would like to copy and paste this on the zho thread i started if cool.

foaf

foaf

Using halogenated hydrocarbons is just plain unnecessary. It is true that you could almost certainly purge out the refrigerant such that there would not be enough to produce consequential amounts of toxic byproducts. But how would you know? Why on earth would you open this bag of worms? Halogenated hydrocarbons just are not studied or meant to be heated/burned and then the combustion products inhaled. Butane propane hexane alcohol, on the other hand, have a huge long history of being burned and people being exposed to the vapors - water and carbon dioxide.

EPA regulations propose fines (up to $32,500 per day per event) for release of hydrofluorocarbons. There are exceptions that this stuff might qualify for, but do you want to be making your case with the EPA in court?

Last edited:
Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

so they use a combination of dichloromethane and carbon dioxide.

Dichloromethane (DCM)—or methylene chloride—is an organic compound with the formulaCH2Cl2. This colorless, volatile liquid with a moderately sweet aroma is widely used as a solvent. Although it is not miscible with water, it is miscible with many organic solvents.[1] One of the most well-known applications of dichloromethane is in the drinking birdheat engine.

DCM is produced by treating either methyl chloride or methane with chlorine gas at 400–500 °C. At these temperatures, both methane and methyl chloride undergo a series of reactions producing progressively more chlorinated products.[1]

CH4 + Cl2CH3Cl + HCl
CH3Cl + Cl2 → CH2Cl2 + HCl
CH2Cl2 + Cl2 → CHCl3 + HCl
CHCl3 + Cl2 → CCl4 + HCl
The output of these processes is a mixture of methyl chloride, dichloromethane, chloroform, and carbon tetrachloride. These compounds are separated by distillation.

DCM was first prepared in 1839 by the French chemist Henri Victor Regnault (1810–1878), who isolated it from a mixture of chloromethane andchlorine that had been exposed to sunlight.[2]

Toxicity[edit]
DCM is the least toxic of the simple chlorohydrocarbons, but it is not without health risks, as its high volatility makes it an acute inhalation hazard.[5][6]

DCM is also metabolized by the body to carbon monoxide potentially leading to carbon monoxide poisoning.[7] Acute exposure by inhalation has resulted in optic neuropathy[8] and hepatitis.[9] Prolonged skin contact can result in DCM dissolving some of the fatty tissues in skin, resulting in skin irritation or chemical burns.[10]

It may be carcinogenic, as it has been linked to cancer of the lungs, liver, and pancreas in laboratory animals.[11] DCM crosses the placenta. Fetaltoxicity in women who are exposed to it during pregnancy, however, has not been proven.[12] In animal experiments, it was fetotoxic at doses that were maternally toxic but no teratogenic effects were seen.[11]

neverbreak

neverbreak

thanks for the research n post graywolf, very good information to have easily available on the forum! z air inc sounds like a shady business.

neverbreak

foaf

foaf

I thought they used refrigerant but now I see it's pressurized halogenated solvents.

That makes me think, which is often a problem. Has anyone run pressurized alcohols through a column to see if that configuration is better than QWISO ?

Latest posts

Top Bottom