Zombie’s Ganja Garden of Happiness

• Thread starter Zombierider
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Whats up! Thanks for the insight. My first couple runs i over-did the N in flower i think, and didnt get too much smell, but smell after jarring. Last couple grows with different NER and less N in flower has em smelling waaaay stronger. Hoping its genetic related like your sayin, i guess a good way of testing this theory is to get a tried and tested clone from someone, like Trustfall or another good cloner.

So you would'nt think HLV? I guess the stunting from HLV is usually apparent in more than just lack of flavor im assuming.

what is your curing process? aside from genetics that is the next important factor for me IME and like @CannaGranny the tastes from bud cured after 30 days to buds cured for 3-6 months is night and day

Zombierider

Zombierider

Age old argument. Technique or genetics. I think a lot lies in the cure. For me, the longer it cures the better it tastes. I’m getting that taste, running several ppls genetics.
So from that standpoint, you know which side I would take.
Hmm interesting, several genetics and flavor all around makes me think your technique has to be a factor aka that organic style you be rockin. Well i will be testing this on my next run. 4 candyclysms from cannarado, one of them has to have some flavor! Organic, salts, alien guano: i will find the flavor i am looking for

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
Age old argument. Technique or genetics. I think a lot lies in the cure. For me, the longer it cures the better it tastes. I’m getting that taste, running several ppls genetics.
THANK YOU!!!!!! The best weed I ever smoked was from a homegrower who said it was all about the cure. he'd cure his stuff for 60 days minimum before "dispersing" it and dear god it was amazing. Because of that I have ALWAYS viewed a longer cure to be worth the effort i've put into my plants throughout the grow

30 days may be "ENOUGH" however, I give them well more than enough love and care and why settle on my end product.

Zombierider

Zombierider

what is your curing process? aside from genetics that is the next important factor for me IME and like @CannaGranny the tastes from bud cured after 30 days to buds cured for 3-6 months is night and day
I was drying till stem snap at 14 days usually, then jarring and burping if the hygrometer reads above 64%. After a month the flavor definitely becomes smoother, and i get white ash and everything. But the flavor is lacking so im like wtf lol. I got some banana krumble in a grove bag im waiting to try, im almost scared to smoke it in case it has lack of flavor too haha.

Zombierider

Zombierider

THANK YOU!!!!!! The best weed I ever smoked was from a homegrower who said it was all about the cure. he'd cure his stuff for 60 days minimum before "dispersing" it and dear god it was amazing. Because of that I have ALWAYS viewed a longer cure to be worth the effort i've put into my plants throughout the grow

30 days may be "ENOUGH" however, I give them well more than enough love and care and why settle on my end product.
I am starting to think that the curing process + genetics is probably close to where im encountering this issue. I hear lots of growers talk about the cure and so far I am feeling like its a balance where some strains will be fire even before finished drying, and others need a full on dry and cure to unlock the flavors. I guess there is only one way to find out...throw a bunch of stuff at the board and see if something sticks lmao.

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
I am starting to think that the curing process + genetics is probably close to where im encountering this issue. I hear lots of growers talk about the cure and so far I am feeling like its a balance where some strains will be fire even before finished drying, and others need a full on dry and cure to unlock the flavors. I guess there is only one way to find out...throw a bunch of stuff at the board and see if something sticks lmao.
well be honest for a second - when you say the taste isn't there - what are you really tasting? if it's grass or hay it's definitely gonna be the end process. or is there just a "smoke" taste that doesn't hold anything but your smelling enough smoke to trigger a false flavor

Zombierider

Zombierider

well be honest for a second - when you say the taste isn't there - what are you really tasting? if it's grass or hay it's definitely gonna be the end process. or is there just a "smoke" taste that doesn't hold anything but your smelling enough smoke to trigger a false flavor
I w0uld for sure say its more on the 'smoke' flavor, not really wet tasting, not even harsh. Just tastes like cardboard terps or something haha

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
I w0uld for sure say its more on the 'smoke' flavor, not really wet tasting, not even harsh. Just tastes like cardboard terps or something haha
haha imma use that - "cardboard terps"

do you throw it in a jar right away with a boveda or humidity pack? I noticed a degradation of smell and flavor when put right away with a pack instead of using it when it needs stabilizing only.

Zombierider

Zombierider

haha imma use that - "cardboard terps"

do you throw it in a jar right away with a boveda or humidity pack? I noticed a degradation of smell and flavor when put right away with a pack instead of using it when it needs stabilizing only.
Yeah i think i heard that on an episode of Potcast, pretty good adjective lol.

And nope, never used a Boveda or humidity pack. Just been keeping it by the books which is why im perplexed. 60f/60%rh, 14ish days till stem snap, then jars with hygrometers. Burping a bit until stable at 62%. Have a fan in the drying room on the floor moving air around below the plants hung on a string above.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah there are sooo many contributors. It hard to say with any certainty but i lean genetics here since he has the terps buy lacking flavor.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Sounds like we need an offical Soil vs Coco Thread. I am interested in organics cuz of the health and of course if it solves this flavor mystery I'll be converted lol. I will be doing a side by side organic vs coco grow next time too, is there a thread on that? Maybe we should start one :D
Still to many variables to define… i think humics and fulvics along with sulfur are big players also

Zombierider

Zombierider

Still to many variables to define… i think humics and fulvics along with sulfur are big players also
I use humic acids w/diamond nectar, but not sure if im including fulvics or sulfur. Will have to look into adding these to my regime

Zombierider

Zombierider

Also just another interesting tidbit about my herbs' flavor profile: tastes good in the volcano! Just not in a joint/bowl #sadface lol

Zombierider

Zombierider

Thats because of the temperature difference
Hmm, so the terps are there but there just arent enough for flavor I assume? So genetically high thc but low terpenoids, laaaame lol.
Damn, i had no idea it was so hard to find a strain with flavor, maybe ive had bad luck/used to much N at first to find any good ones. The quest continues...I feel a Trustfall clone may be appearing in my room in the next few weeks.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hmm, so the terps are there but there just arent enough for flavor I assume? So genetically high thc but low terpenoids, laaaame lol.
Damn, i had no idea it was so hard to find a strain with flavor, maybe ive had bad luck/used to much N at first to find any good ones. The quest continues...I feel a Trustfall clone may be appearing in my room in the next few weeks.
That is assuming your dry and cure are on point, all precursors to production of terps and flavonoids are met. There are so many variables i dont think anyone could give a 100% conclusion. It may be a combination but if your dry and cure is on point and your not seeing major issues with the plants… i fell i would start with a genetic known for terp and flavinoid production

Zombierider

Zombierider

Don't want to make this a commercial but as anyone try Ventana Plant Science FlaVUH? I've not tried it but have heard from multiple sources that it makes a significant improvement in flavor. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz1cPkAm4Io
Interesting video, thanks for sharing. For sure would be interesting to try it out and see if it increases flavor in less flavorful strains. Will put this in my notes of stuff to try!

Zombierider

Zombierider

That is assuming your dry and cure are on point, all precursors to production of terps and flavonoids are met. There are so many variables i dont think anyone could give a 100% conclusion. It may be a combination but if your dry and cure is on point and your not seeing major issues with the plants… i fell i would start with a genetic known for terp and flavinoid production
Yeah no issues with the plants really. I make sure to rock the right VPD, dont go above 600ish ppm, follow the cocoforcannabis feeding schedule almost exactly. My dry is in a small room and just a 6 inch fan moving air on the floor, and the crop is hanging on a string a few feet above, no wind on em. 60%rh, 60f, 14+ days till stem snap, then into jars or grove bags. This is why i was suspecting HLV cuz i am trying my darndest to do everything correctly and lack of terps is as frustrating as trying to roll a joint during a windstorm lmao.

Latest posts

Top Bottom