Zookies S1 seed fail? N00B? FNG?

• Thread starter funkychicken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
funkychicken

funkychicken

Hello!
First off, I've never had to fully write down my thoughts or methods used in my grow before, and I don't really have anyone in my personal life to bounce ideas off of; that being said, as I write this I find myself making incredible run-on sentences and perhaps leaving gaps in the readers understanding my thought processes. if at any point im losing you, please ask for clarification. Thankyou in advance for giving me a read and hitting me back with your own personal experiences and/or book learn'n.

I wanted to make some of my own stash of seeds as a sort of insurance policy on a strain that my (21+) family/friends love. Ive been running it perpetually for around 2 years now from a cut I purchased at Cannabis Cup. I am less than consistent grower, I often find my plants wilted because of space constraints due to living arrangement, pot size, and running into my back end because I don't have enough space for flowering at the rate I produce cuts... too much biomass, too little dirt, and I am a very busy person. suffice to say my technique feels like im neglecting my plants at times, but the end result is always consistently spectacular smelling, easy to trim, and frosty with a decent yield, never really showing any signs of nutrient deficiency or sickness right up until the chop. The plants can't be too upset? maybe im wrong.

In February when I first started hearing rumblings of flu, I decided that I needed to try and save the genetics of this varietal in the event that the whole world turned fubar. Thankfully that didn't happen, but out of three plants I was attempting to herm using colloidal silver, excessive heat, more under watering, heavy pruning during flower... really anything I read about with the exception of Gibberllic acid, I was only able to get one branch to herm. I saved that branch (it is pictured, jar with red top) and used it to "paint" the next mature cut of the plant in flower from weeks 2-4, almost daily. I had never attempted to make seeds before, nor found a seed in my own flower prior to this, so I had no idea what to look for, it has also proven exceedingly difficult to find answers to the questions I have been asking on the internet, even the local grow shops have been no help. Perhaps im asking the wrong questions?

Cunningham's law: the best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer.

I left the (presumably fully pollinated) plant to flower, excessively even. I let the plant flower for ~14 weeks, I only decided to chop when the plant finally stopped taking on water in its small 2.5gallon pot. It just felt to me like the plant didn't have much time left for this world... just a feeling, the buds were significantly too heavy for the stalks and were folding them over so often that my bamboo trellising began to look more like a modern art piece than anything commonly seen in home gardening. no major signs that a deficiency was ever present, no minor signs were present until the last few weeks of flower. All in all the plant looked incredibly healthy, and was one of my best runs to date IMO.

Today I got a little excited. I bought an el cheap wooden 2 piece grinder, pulled some of the pins out, and started crunching through my now 3 week old bud looking for seed, having been what I feel was very patient up to this point. to my dismay, I crunched through 1 whole quart sized jar of tops and only found what was pictured. 7 very small, but brown and apparently fully developed seeds, 3 white seeds of a similar size. Mind you, I witnessed pollen land all over this plant's flowers, almost daily.. for weeks. I assumed I would find at least as many seeds as were so commonplace in the downtown brown brick weed of my youth. nay. I chewed through 48 grams of beautiful bud and only found 7 viable looking seeds, and they are substantially smaller than any seed I remember finding previously. I want to test one of them to see if they even take. being that most of my growing time, I have been getting a seed, making a mother, and growing from clone till I find something better, I don't have a lot of experience with seeds, let alone making my own. Please help... is there something I should be doing differently when making seeds? I've heard there are some cuts that don't take seeds, are they common? Im at a loss, so much effort, so little result. AAAAgh is the sound of my disappointment.

Zookies s1 seed fail n00b fng
Zookies s1 seed fail n00b fng 2
Zookies s1 seed fail n00b fng 3
Zookies s1 seed fail n00b fng 4
Zookies s1 seed fail n00b fng 5

Latest posts

Top Bottom