Zoo's clone question

• Thread starter Zoolander
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I have to make cut's today and wanted to see if anyone wants a step by step thread started on this ? I figure its a bit of work to post a step by step and wanted to make sure enough people wanted to see it before I spend the time taking all the pix and posted them . Either way I gotta take the cuts so I'll check back later to see what you all think .

Thanx as always Zoo:flower

T

thc4sim

I say go for it!,
its always helpful for anyone looking for good info :flower:flower

niceOne Zoo

G

grizz

Im sure the new growers will like that . and hell us old dogs might learn a new trick, procedd please.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I don't do anything special but I get almost 100% roots every time but since this might be my last month on the net I just wanna do my part to help out .

D

Dazed&Confused

For sure, if you have the time and don`t mind making one, I bet alot of people would appreciate it. The more helpful tips and knowledge there is here, the better. Anyone new at cloning would find it helpful :flower

F

FastForward

Take your plant, cut off clone at 45 deg with scalpel, dip in clonex, put in root riot/rockwool, put in heated prop, mist regularly. Done. I'm a total newb and I've managed to make a gazillion cuts (ok, so about 30 in total over the past 2-3 months) and only had 1 die.

Same for germing - WWZD (what would Zoo do :)) - KISS.... coco, seed, 3mm hole, plant seed, light spray, heated prop, joy.

I'm getting my WWZD t-shirt made :party

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Cool guy's and if ya have any tips feel free to post them in here , We can make it A clone party thread:party:flower

H

HolliHerb

I think you should definitely do up a how to thread on cloning.

What do you use? RW or some kind of starter plugs?

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I use Rockwool and I can explain it real simple but I like threads with pix to go with everything it just makes things more fun to view and read

S

spinkus

Yeah Zoo go for it! I use Rapid Rooters and have great success. Never used Rockwool, and am interested in how you prepare it. Always nice to learn something new.

S

SenorMota

I don't do anything special but I get almost 100% roots every time but since this might be my last month on the net I just wanna do my part to help out .

Zoo,

I would appreciate a clone thread from yourself. Why may this be your last month on the net? Are you moving or taking an internet hiatus?

T

tuffgong69

hi zoo and everyone else..read a great tip somewhere and just used it myself..after soaking the rockwool cubes overnight and you're ready to place the clone in the r/w,instead of poking a hole in the centre of the cube,slice a cut down the side of the r/w to the top centre,you can then carefully open up the r/w an gently place your cutting to the required depth,this cuts the risk of any cut tip damage that often occurs when pushing the tip down..when its in place,close the r/w and secure with an elastic band or i used wire twists(not too tight though)..took 8 clones and the first rooted in 10 days the others popped roots 2 and 3 days later..slightly better than normal success rate,wondereed if this was part of the reason..looking forward to the thread,peace,tg :flower

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Nothing like that Senor , The problem is I suffer from severe migranes and I had a couple MRI's taken of my head and they can't figure out whats wrong but told me if I don't stop stressing my life is gonna be cut real short so I don't know what to do at this point because I love being part of community here and I don't know if all this adds to or takes away some of my stress but Rottendawg will tell ya I'm like a wound up rubber band all the time its like I can't get my brain to stop going 100 miles an hour . But hey we all gotta go someday LOL:nod

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey Zoo, i know this might sound sacriledge, but my m8 had the same problem with major headaches. His solution was to do a 2 month detox. He stopped absolutley everything. Weed, coffee, tea, fast food, anything which we all know is bad. The first 2 weeks he freaked, but after that the headaches stopped and then he slowly introduced weed back into his system. It worked for him.. Good luck Zoo

G.

B

BrotherBud

I say go for it Zoo. I use a couple diff techniques depending on space.
Passive uptake with perlite & vermiculite
Homemade bubblewand cloner
Rockwool cubes in a humdity dome.

Just show us what you got homeboy! You know you always offer great info, Peace.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Sorry its been a couple days but ya know life gets in the way sometimes but I'll get it handled tomorrow fo sho . Its all the basic things except I'll add pix but you know we are gonna keep it simple as can be . I've lost a few nice plants years back because cloning seem like to much work and then I tried it and could have kicked my own ass when I found out how easy it was , So for the newer growers if ya got the room always try to take a cut or two of your plants because ya may have that next elite in one of those plants from seed and ya don't wanna lose that baby .:nod:flower

P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
I wanna see how ur gettin almost 100%. Sounds great and I hope you can shake them problems ur having. You are a great asset to the boards and wish you the best.

G

GDS StonerBoy

Nothing like that Senor , The problem is I suffer from severe migranes and I had a couple MRI's taken of my head and they can't figure out whats wrong but told me if I don't stop stressing my life is gonna be cut real short so I don't know what to do at this point because I love being part of community here and I don't know if all this adds to or takes away some of my stress but Rottendawg will tell ya I'm like a wound up rubber band all the time its like I can't get my brain to stop going 100 miles an hour . But hey we all gotta go someday LOL:nod

Wow bro you should really let all of this go for awhile, maybe even growing period! Who knows, the growing might be a major stress factor in your life. Whatever you choose to do though, i definitely hope you get better bro!

Top Bottom