Zoo's clone question

• Thread starter Zoolander
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FastForward

Nothing like that Senor , The problem is I suffer from severe migranes and I had a couple MRI's taken of my head and they can't figure out whats wrong but told me if I don't stop stressing my life is gonna be cut real short so I don't know what to do at this point because I love being part of community here and I don't know if all this adds to or takes away some of my stress but Rottendawg will tell ya I'm like a wound up rubber band all the time its like I can't get my brain to stop going 100 miles an hour . But hey we all gotta go someday LOL:nod

Zoo mate, are they cluster headaches? If so, I have very successfully treated one of my best friends who gets very very serious migraines too (clusters) - and like you they can't find any physiological reason (MRIs, CT scans, blood tests, diets, optical, dental...you name it). To cut a long story short (and not hijack your most excellent thread) - google magic mushrooms and migraines. I gave my friend some dried shrooms over 2 years ago at low doses and he hasn't had a migraine since. Worth looking into - and you don't need to get off your face to get a clinical result...just enough to get the stuff into your system. PM me for more info.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Ok I took some cuts and got pix so I'll get them up soon and most of these cuts will see the scrap heap but I like to stay in practice and will keep atleast 1 of each . Oh and thanx for your concern guy's about these migranes but at this point I just gotta stick to the docs orders and see where that takes me but I'll tell ya what if I'm gonna bite the bullet you can bet I'd do my best to post my last pix on my way out LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL:evilgrin

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Ok so I never know what order the pix will upload in so I have pix of the stuff I use and then the mothers are Bluesteel , Raskals OGK x AGK and the big mother is the G13/ Diesel . First thing is to round up all your gear . I use alcohol to clean everything even the brand new razor blade get wiped down . Next have a seperate container to pour your gel or powder into so your not dipping into the whole bottle and contaminate the whole thing . I don't soak my cubes over night I just drop them into ph 6.0 R/O water and let them get good and wet and start cloning . Now take a look at the shoots on your mother and try to make sure when you make your cut you get atleast one node that will be placed into your cube with the stem so it gives it another place to root from . Make your cut at a 45 degree angle and then take your razor and scrape your stem lightly around the bottom inch that will be place in the cube then dip it into your gel and let it set for a minute and then place it into the cube and make sure that it has enough gel on the stem that will be inserted into the cube. I like to pull a small corner off the cube and place it next to the clone in the hole and then use the tip of my scissors to help push it into the holeto help snug the cut into the hole so its nice and secure . Once I get it into the cube I mist it with a spray bottle with plain R/O water and place it in my tray . I place chunky perilite in the bottom of my trays so my cubes don't rest directly on the bottom and get to hot from the heat mat and also when the fresh roots pop out they don't die from the heat from the tray .I also place a small amount of water in my tray to help keep extra humidity in the dome . After all my cuts are taken and placed in the tray I give them one final misting and then place the dome over them and keep the vents closed and my temps around 80 and my humidity around 90+ and mist them 5 times a day or so and around day 9 I start to open the vents and around day 12 I start to prop my dome open on one side around 2 inches to harden them off slowly so they don't wilt when they root and I remove them from the tray . This also all depends on how fast they root , I've had some root in 7 days and some take 14 days . I've never used Olivias cloning gel so we shall see how this works . I know I left some stuff out guys but I'm not very good at explaining things so I'm doing my best so feel free to help out if ya can . Also this is my method and may not work best for everyone but it works great for myself.:movie

O70
O71
O72
O73
O74
O75
N76
O77
O78
O79
Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
and the last pix , I forgot to add that this G13/ Diesel is what I think a perfect mother should be , Lots of shoots and even shoots also . That plant is a small beast LOL

O80
O81
O82
O83
O84
O85
O86
G

GDS StonerBoy

Very nice zoo! I have a quick question. Have you ever taken clones and the stems were hollow? If so did they root normally like others?

I just took a few clones and both of the Swt#3xPD's had those hollow stems while the NL had meatier stems which i'm used to.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah I noticed the clones from the main branches seem to always be hollow . When I cut those and see their hollow I place them in the gel right away to try to avoid air getting in the hole , I don't know if it matters though but I try to get them in the gel as soon as possible

E

ELITE GENETICS

bro i feel your pain i get migraines almost every day but not because im pissed,i have no fuckin clue why i get them, seems reading alot on the net dont help..nothing takes them away until i get about 3 doses of migraine medicine & by this time 8-12 hours has passed that ive been in pain, somedays it so bad i wrap a bandana around my head tight for hours & it helps a little for sure..certain strains of weed help to deadin the pain & make it a less painful experience..

i dont wanna die young either bro & none of us are gettin younger..when i was younger i was high strung but as i get older each year i seem to chill out more, become more relaxed, more patient etc..etc.. im to the piont i dont even care about what someone says about me anymore, you just gotta be like fuck it who cares, i know the truth & lotsa others do to so no reason to let a troll shorten your life or give ya a migraine etc..i think arguing about pot is just retarded anyways, arent we all in this together?

Nothing like that Senor , The problem is I suffer from severe migranes and I had a couple MRI's taken of my head and they can't figure out whats wrong but told me if I don't stop stressing my life is gonna be cut real short so I don't know what to do at this point because I love being part of community here and I don't know if all this adds to or takes away some of my stress but Rottendawg will tell ya I'm like a wound up rubber band all the time its like I can't get my brain to stop going 100 miles an hour . But hey we all gotta go someday LOL:nod

E

ELITE GENETICS

thread is great info! just curious ive seen many trim the leaves tips off like you & ive done it myself sometimes but ive always wanted to know what the purpose was for doing that exactly? i have some guesses

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
Its to reduce the transpiration from the leaves, therefore less wilting, thats the idea anyways. peace out.

T

tuffgong69

hi elite,i've heard that snipping the leaves helps reduce the stress factor for the clone,i.e. not having to support too much foliage weight,peace,tg :talking

T

tuffgong69

zoo.great post by the way..like the idea of the perlite in the bottom of the tray,will try that next time..good health,tg :yes

J

Jose Hernandez

After taking the cutting and dipping it in clonex I put them in (fox farm) light warrior mix in one once clear cups under t5 floresent lights. The clear cups make it easy to see early root development. As soon as I see a root, it is time to move up to the next pot size and put it under stonger light.

However, my biggest problem is keeping the right constant humidity. I have found that it is crucial. If it is too wet, they rot and if they are too dry they seem to either die or struggle with overall growth. Any suggestions would be great. I always lose 10 or 15% it seems.;(

K

kid606

thanks for sharing zoo..i always use jiffies..also put some perlite and hydrocorrels in the dome..works great..
i put the fresh cut in water..let it sit some minutes and after that i dip in clonex..i gently mist about every 2 days..i put more water directly on the perlite/hydrocorrels instead of heavy spraying..works pretty good for me..hardly ever lose a clone..if using jiffies be sure to squeeze them after soaking..at the beginning it's the hardest part to find out how moist they should be..

btw..migraine really sucks..sometimes i have to puke because my head hammers so heavily..glad i only get it about once a month..but then all i can do is pray and hope to fall asleep..but it's pretty hard to fall asleep under such heavy pain..lights out..earplugs in..rotate in the bed and around til the morning hours to finally fall asleep..sometimes it lasts up to 3 days til the pain is completely gone..

anyone can recommend a strain? tried many..think sensi star helped a bit
:smoke

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Jose if the humidity drops you may have to use a dome .

Good advice and thanx for sharing Kid , Yeah I also puke from these but they are beyond regular pain I can't even describe this shit but it seems like you know where I'm coming from and I feel for ya bro;(

P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
Great job on this one Zoo! Nice point on the perlite........i hate roastin the lil ones. Gotta love those domes with the adjustable vents.

H

hoosierdaddy

Zoo,
I am a bit less worried about sterility than most, and I tend to not worry about the cleanliness of things too much. Although, I have to say you should continue with the cleaning of the razor blade, especially new ones, as they often will have very slight coats of a lubricating substance on them. I have always suspected new blades as being the culprit of a couple of failed cuts, until the coating is gone. (shrug)

I like to 45 cut below a node of a sturdy cut. I will sometimes take the branch of that node and rip it down, taking a bit of skin with it and lightly taking it off...kinda like skinnin a string bean. I find it is best to only do this on one side though, and just cut any other branches close to the stalk.
Lately I will use the blade to cut away growth from the bottom node cleanly up close, and then make an ever-so-slight scrape with the blade from node to end, leaving a first layer deep scrape about 1/32" wide. It takes very little to get this done, probably less than what I actually do. This give the stalk a nice place for the callus' to form.
I coat with cheap root hormone and stick it in a jiffy, or right in a cup of soil. I have done many clones with no hormone at all with no problems, but I think that the hormone does boost the callus formations.
No mist, no dome, no nuttin...and they live right next to moms as they live.
As long as I can keep the cut upright and alive, it will root. Some in days, some forever and a day. Last two cuts I took they didn't root for 28 days. Most would have given up ship. One was in a jifffy, the other in ffof, and they both showed roots within a day of each other.

I find that the real folks who suffer from stress are those who do not let it out. They often seem calm and collected all the time, however they may well be torn up like a can of kraut inside. I think those who show their nervousness and are flighty and tightly wound, are often more able to handle stressful situation, although it may not appear so on the outside to others.
Had a roommate in the army who had migraines. I can not relate, but I do for sure feel your pain.

I pray for your health and well being, zoo.
May righteousness be in all your endeavors.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Wanted to let ya know we have all our roots and will be getting transplanted in 2 dayz or so after some hardening off .:dance:clapping

S

slap14

Zoo, thanks for taking the time to post this very helpful and easy to follow.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanx bro and these clones are up and running in veg and I gave 15 away to a friend .

P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
So do you feed your moms a light bloom fert before u cut clones or flush the nitrogen out?

Latest posts

Top Bottom