Great White & synthetic nutrients, together

• Thread starter Sativajoe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sativajoe

Sativajoe

Hey growers
What are your thoughts on using great white with standard non organic nutrients. Some articles I've read say using them together is a total waste, as the Nutes will kill off any Mycorrhizae & beneficial bacterial the GW produces.
Others say , not true that won't happen & they will work together
Thoughts please

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
What are your thoughts on using great white with standard non organic nutrients. Some articles I've read say using them together is a total waste, as the Nutes will kill off any Mycorrhizae & beneficial bacterial the GW produces.
Thoughts please
My guess is they would work together, but there wouldn't be much benefit. I don't believe the synthetic nutrients would kill the microbes. They'd need organic nutrients, however, which would be in addition to the synthetic nutrients. That could make it difficult to get the total nutrients right.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
dreamnfox

dreamnfox

Hey growers
Thoughts please
use the great white when you transplant, after that dont bother. Salt grows dont need microbes to break things down, they are instantly ready for uptake.

Natep

Natep

Hey growers
Thoughts please
If you are using synthetic nutrients it will kill the mycorrhizae. The mycelium is going to help break down the nutrients in the soil to become available for your plant. If you have good enough soil there is no reason to use the synthetic nutrients. Much simpler than mixing a few times a week. In my organic grow I drag my water hose in to water

Stokes

Stokes

Microbes do alot more than break down nutrients, they also promote root health and uptake of any nutrients in any form.

With that said, ive never inoculated with anything in coco.

Latest posts

Top Bottom