Guys, help! Why do my leaves look like they’ve been eaten?

• Thread starter Ganja_mama93
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ganja_mama93

Ganja_mama93

Its me again… sorry but this is my very first time and im freaking out way too much probably.
I checked for bugs, i couldnt find any. The “eating” pattern is on the new leaves as well.
The plants are 4 weeks okd. 2 days ago i gave them fertilisers for the first time but these wholes have been there since before that.

Guys help why do my leaves look like theyve been eaten
Guys help why do my leaves look like theyve been eaten 2
Guys help why do my leaves look like theyve been eaten 3
Beachbumm

Beachbumm

Its me again… sorry but this is my very first time and im freaking out way too much probably.
I checked for bugs, i couldnt find any. The “eating” pattern is on the new leaves as well.
The plants are 4 weeks okd. 2 days ago i gave them fertilisers for the first time but these wholes have been there since before that.
Did you use magnification?
Did you look under the leaf?

P

Phyto

They look like they've been eaten, because they have! Whatever the critter, it's fairly good size to take chunks like that out. My guess would be a cricket, grasshopper, katydid (leaf hopper) or caterpillar. Hopefully it just did a drive-by, and moved on, but keep your eyes open and examine the entire plant closely, also look under your pots (they love to hide there is the daytime).

Ganja_mama93

Ganja_mama93

They look like they've been eaten, because they have! Whatever the critter, it's fairly good size to take chunks like that out. My guess would be a cricket, grasshopper, katydid (leaf hopper) or caterpillar. Hopefully it just did a drive-by, and moved on, but keep your eyes open and examine the entire plant closely, also look under your pots (they love to hide there is the daytime).
Thank you for the answer. Ive checked everywhere, i couldnt find anything. What do you suggest? Spray the leaves with a certain chemicals to kill the bugs?

P

Phyto

I personally really don't like spraying anything on my plants. My suggestion at this point would be keep an eye on it, if you see more damage then I'd consider spraying.

G

Gasher90

Keep them monitored mate, check when you can or passing, I agree with ’Phyto’, I’d not spray if you don’t need to, I’d keep them monitored and everything crossed, looking at the bites it’s got a fair size set of teeth for a little pest so I think you should notice it, it might have been and gone, any more damage anywhere and are all the underside of the leaves clear and the rest of the plant from any other damage etc?

G

Gasher90

Sorry ‘Ganja_mama93’, looking at the photo it looks like it’s been at another leaf to the right (looking at the first photo you put on), good luck, let us know how it goes and fingers crossed!

My bad other pics show signs of hungry blighters, I’d be having a thorough THOROUGH check, check any other plant and check ever square mm of every plant! Good luck!

orggrwr

orggrwr

I agree you should just keep an eye on them for now but if you see more damage you can try neem oil. It's the least toxic deterante I've tried. Don't spray them in flower though. I like to have a praying mantis or two in my greenhouse to eat pesky critters like that.

Ganja_mama93

Ganja_mama93

But how can these big bugs settle in my indoor space?? If there were outside - yes, but inside….

Ganja_mama93

Ganja_mama93

I agree you should just keep an eye on them for now but if you see more damage you can try neem oil. It's the least toxic deterante I've tried. Don't spray them in flower though. I like to have a praying mantis or two in my greenhouse to eat pesky critters like that.
Im going to try that, yes. Thank you

Ganja_mama93

Ganja_mama93

Did you use magnification?
Did you look under the leaf?
I havent used magnification. I checked under the leafs 3 times today and the last time, which was about an hour ago i saw some really, really small dots that i removed with my own hand. I cant even describe them, creamy colour.

Ganja_mama93

Ganja_mama93

I’ve had success against insects with food grade diatomaceous earth, yellow sticky traps, and I started using those ribbon type sticky traps.

Coastal, swamp like conditions here. Preventive insect maintenance is a must ✌️

Edit lots of air flow. I have three fans in a 4x4 tent
Thank you so much for the advice. I didn’t know that good ventilation prevents the appearance of insects. I leave the door open though and i have a fan as well but probably 1 is not enough.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
You need to identify your enemy! You need a lighted jewelers loop type thing! Even the cheap Chinese ones on Amazon for about 15 bucks will get The job done! Anybody that grow should have one! You need to identify what you are talking about on the bottom of the leaf! It is a big deal!

Top Bottom