Help with light placement confused

• Thread starter Don154
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Don154

Don154

Hey growmies I’m just now setting up my 4x8 grow tent and having trouble with getting lights higher up in the tent, I have 2 massive fc 1000w mars hydro lights and the light on the left as seen in the picture is as high as I can get it with the daisy chains clipped to the wire, on the right side I can’t get the light pass my exhaust fan should I take the fan out of the tent ? Or keep light just below the fan? Any help would be greatly appreciated
Help with light placement confused

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Hey growmies I’m just now setting up my 4x8 grow tent and having trouble with getting lights higher up in the tent, I have 2 massive fc 1000w mars hydro lights and the light on the left as seen in the picture is as high as I can get it with the daisy chains clipped to the wire, on the right side I can’t get the light pass my exhaust fan should I take the fan out of the tent ? Or keep light just below the fan? Any help would be greatly appreciated View attachment 2164252
firstly why do you need it?
put it standing up on the floor in the corner,..

Stokes

Stokes

As mentioned put your scrubber on the outside of the tent or on the floor. Dont forget to change fan direction so its pulling air from the tent if you choose to put it outside

N

Natep

Mount the ratchet directly to the light instead of using the cables. Move fan and filter out of the tent. You can get the bottom of the light about 4” from the top of the tent.

Newty

Newty

Can you unclip or extend the daisy chain? Maybe I'm not thinking of the same daisy chain, I'm thinking of the one that connects both lights together so they can be controlled from 1 device.

My exhausts fans and filter are inside both of my tents push as far back as they can, I wanted the duct as straight as I could get it and that's what works best for me.

Topping, scrog, and flipping at the right height is all it takes. Would have to do the same whether the fan is in the tent or not.

I want air space between my lights and top of the tent anyways so the fan acts as buffer for me.
I have 80" tall tents.
Some might not like it and that's ok, I have my reasons for doing it this way and have been for awhile with no issues.

Here is mine in my 8'x4' Tent
20240427 103330

Here is mine in the 55"x28"x80 tent
20240427 103226

Asmodeus

Asmodeus

On my 4x8 I leave the lights attached as high as I could get them. Hooked directly to the tent frame with carabiners

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Some might not like it and that's ok, I have my reasons for doing it this way and have been for awhile with no issues.
IMO, it's brilliant. Nice work! Tent venting vexes me.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
On my 4x8 I leave the lights attached as high as I could get them. Hooked directly to the tent frame with carabiners
I do the same, except with zip ties and safety cables in case the ties break.

Choppr

Choppr

Mine are mounted to a 1" x 6" board , the board is long enough to go across the whole top so they are level and the weight is distributed on each end on the the 2 side poles. It also has unrestricted draw instead of sucking thru a filter, it pushes thru the filter.....also keeping the hose shorter helps with cfm

IMG 5959
IMG 5958
Top Bottom