How to plan for a pheno hunt?

• Thread starter Northdank67
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Northdank67

Northdank67

Hey guys so I've lately started to think I'd love to do a small pheno hunt to find some keeper moms, and i allready know what satrains I'll be growing.
Some things I really want to know you're guys toughts on, BC idk if I wanna hand water or run my drip system.
-1 strain at a time like 20 beans that I'll pop and I'd love to just run my drip in rockwool but the last grow I did i had the plants in too large coco pots and I'm not sure if i had issues bc of that.
-So I noticed with a longer veg (60days before I'll take cuts) was that there was alot of variation on how much water each plant needed and I couldn't give them exactly what they wanted bc my drip system is setup to run 1 pheno at a time and I think that really impacted my end results since some were overwatered and some possibly underwatered.
How have you set up your drip system to dial in a run with 10+ different phenos that need different amounts of water?
-Am I just worrying too much and shouldn't overthink it since I'll be running cuts with 14day veg in rockwool slabs before flipping?
I'm mainly concerned about the drybacks, should I just yolo it bc I will measure the media moisture from the slab itself wich will have 3 plants in it or is this a bad idea and I should just go with handwatering the first round and when I find the keeper moms run that feno in the drip rockwool slabs since the genes are exactly the same and they'll behave the same.
I wanna hear your toughts and experiences doing pheno hunts!

heres a pic from that run I was talking about

How to plan for a pheno hunt
Top Bottom