Mold found, how much to trash?

• Thread starter Thefairlyoddmom
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thefairlyoddmom

Thefairlyoddmom

NOVICE HERE! SUPER GREEN!
Northern Lights and White Widow are the two strains I tried for my first stand.

I have found mold in the center of a bud in a quart jar already curing (been in the jar only a few days to a week depending on the jar), but no visible growth outside of the very center of that bud, or elsewhere in the jar.
Question: do I trash the whole jar? Or do I watch it?

More context:
I know I have found some mold during drying and going into curing. Had a major outside temp issue for a couple days at harvest time, then again during drying as an ac went out. I got temp and humidity back down to normal, let it stay drying a few more days before trimming/jarring anything at about 12% RH or less in the biggest buds.
I have trashed said buds and whatever was directly near them as any mold was every round, but no mold found was ever noticeable at all, no big growths (I am not interested in any wash/rinse methods for mold that some recommend)

emanresu

emanresu

If those are your two options, why not watch it? It's in a jar and can't spread right? May as well take your chances.

Thefairlyoddmom

Thefairlyoddmom

If those are your two options, why not watch it? It's in a jar and can't spread right? May as well take your chances.
I think I was just looking for some antidotal experience on likely hood either way, or if there’s just no way in hell that keeping it is safe.

D

DougV

Assuming this is indoor, question really might be how much risk are you willing to take smoking it. Molds produce spores, whether you see it, or not, anything around an affected plant is likely infected by those spores. Aspergillus can be carried and introduced to your lungs by smoking infected weed. Immunocompromised folks are most at risk.

So, how’s your health and the health of everyone who might consume it with you? The risk is tiny, really really low, but it is there. How much is that jar worth?

emanresu

emanresu

Maybe you can turn it into iso hash. not sure if the mold would transfer or not. alcohol would probably kill most of it anyway.

Top Bottom