New Grower. Need help please.

• Thread starter GrowForMe85
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrowForMe85

GrowForMe85

Update: It's been three days since I heeded advice and havent watered them in 5-6 days now. I bought one of those cheap soil meters to tell me if the soil was moist. It's still reading at slightly moist at the bottom of the pot (I nearly drowned those poor girls!).

I also suspect that having the fabric pots just sitting on the floor of the tent is hurting airflow so I ordered some risers for them which will be here today.

They seem happy and I'm noticing proper amount of leaves on new growth. There's still some burning happening but it doesn't seem to be spreading and even the flower sites that were crispy are showing signs of new growth.

I have been using LST and I did top them 2 weeks ago. Having limited height is my reason for doing it. Last night I did a final bout of LST and a very light defoliation. View attachment 2172509View attachment 2172511View attachment 2172512

This is what they are looking like this afternoon before they take a short nap.
I also bumped up the lights yesterday from 50% to about 60% or so (light dial is 0/25/50/75/100) and they seemed to like it. Gonna keep it here for a week or so and then bump it up to 75%.

PooToe

PooToe

Here's a chart you can use as a guideline.

DLI

GrowForMe85

GrowForMe85

Update: It's been three days since I heeded advice and havent watered them in 5-6 days now. I bought one of those cheap soil meters to tell me if the soil was moist. It's still reading at slightly moist at the bottom of the pot (I nearly drowned those poor girls!).

I also suspect that having the fabric pots just sitting on the floor of the tent is hurting airflow so I ordered some risers for them which will be here today.

They seem happy and I'm noticing proper amount of leaves on new growth. There's still some burning happening but it doesn't seem to be spreading and even the flower sites that were crispy are showing signs of new growth.

I have been using LST and I did top them 2 weeks ago. Having limited height is my reason for doing it. Last night I did a final bout of LST and a very light defoliation. View attachment 2172509View attachment 2172511View attachment 2172512

This is what they are looking like this afternoon before they take a short nap.
Hello all,

7 days since last post and these girls are in full on flower with one starting to get frosty already. I have switched to watering about a half liter of water every 2 days and they seem to enjoy it better than what I was doing. Maybe being cautious but they don't seem to be mad about it. The nute burn has almost all subsided, in also think my pH of the water may have been off so Ive been Phing closer to 6.2.

I'm keeping up on defoliation and LST to get more flower sites. The lights have been moved up to 75% and these girls are usually praying all day long (until close to bedtime which tells me I have it about right).

How do they look you y'all? (1st is Orange Diesel by Mephisto Genetics. 2nd is Mephisto's Wedding)

GrowForMe85

GrowForMe85

Hello again all,

It's been 7 days since my last update. The Orange Diesel has been stacking and getting frosty. She smells amazing so far. The Mephistos wedding plant is really just starting to end the stretch now. I've been using LST constantly to keep them from growing too tall.
A few interesting developments: First, still noticing some nutrient burn so I turned up the lights to 75% and lowered them to 24" above the canopy.

Second, in a small experiment I stopped pH testing the water for the MW, while I continued to pH the water for the OD. The OD still showing signs of something off with the nutrients, while the issue seems to be resolved with the MW. So, starting with today's watering I stopped using the pH pen. They are now drinking nearly a liter every day.

Lastly, I had been noticing some what looked like chewing on the leaves. However despite searches at different times, all over the plant, I could not locate any signs of a pest. The other day I applied some diatomaceous earth and yesterday after watering, I noticed a black and yellow body curled up in the soil. Plucked it out and used an insect identifier app and it was a dead Wool Carder Bee.
They are solitary bees and they gather plant trichomes for their nests (the trichomes being bundled together looks like wool, hence the "wool" in the name) *and* chew leaves. I think I found and eliminated my pest.

Forgive the brick of text.
Here's what they're looking like today before their nap. First plant is MW the second is OD
IMG 20240530 153244779 HDR
IMG 20240530 153241372 HDR

Top Bottom