Photoperiod preflowering under 18-6 light? (or am I seeing things?)

• Thread starter ENKI
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

ENKI

Hi guys 😁

I'm attaching some pics.

This is only my second grow ever, but from what I remember from the first, these whiteish pistils look like preflowering sites. We are only 4 weeks from when I put the seed into the ground, but I was planning to flip to 12-12 tomorrow anyway, so I don't think this will be a problem. But still... what's going on here? Are these just leaves? Are they actually preflowering sites, and how can they be, since I've always kept the girl under 18-6? I've read this can happen when the plant reaches maturity after being a long time in the vegetative stage, but even this explanation is kinda weird since it's been only 4 weeks.

The other plant I grew was exactly like this one, so a mix up with seeds (making this an autoflower) doesn't seem that likely. Please let me know your thoughts, and if you think that this will be an issue :) (again, flipping to 12-12 tomorrow anyway)

Photoperiod preflowering under 18 6 light or am i seeing things
Photoperiod preflowering under 18 6 light or am i seeing things 2
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Maybe wait a while longer before flipping the light to see if it is an autoflower. If it is, it could be left at 18/6.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Hi guys 😁

I'm attaching some pics.

This is only my second grow ever, but from what I remember from the first, these whiteish pistils look like preflowering sites. We are only 4 weeks from when I put the seed into the ground, but I was planning to flip to 12-12 tomorrow anyway, so I don't think this will be a problem. But still... what's going on here? Are these just leaves? Are they actually preflowering sites, and how can they be, since I've always kept the girl under 18-6? I've read this can happen when the plant reaches maturity after being a long time in the vegetative stage, but even this explanation is kinda weird since it's been only 4 weeks.

The other plant I grew was exactly like this one, so a mix up with seeds (making this an autoflower) doesn't seem that likely. Please let me know your thoughts, and if you think that this will be an issue :) (again, flipping to 12-12 tomorrow anyway)
Pre flower is a thing that happens, if it starts nugging out then it's an auto. Some hairs, but with no actual bud formation is fine

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
You have to get right down into the plant with something that will take a clear picture! Sometimes that real new growth can be deceiving! And sometimes it depends on how bad you do, or don’t want to see pistols! 😂 and check on down the stalk and see if you see anything like calyxes with two hairs, coming out of them! If it’s preflowering or flowering, you should know pretty soon! It will be obvious! Good luck!

B

Budclarkson

I had a breaker trip twice over a xouple of days and one the photopwriod I had in the Auto/veg tent flipped. Moved it over to the other tent and set for 12/12. I was just about to top it but skipped it since it flipped.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
I know it’s normal to get pre flowers

The cowboy runtz I grew out last time pre flowered so hard I almost thought it was a auto but it wasn’t

Latest posts

Top Bottom