Russet mites or led lights too close

• Thread starter Kkay42
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrCannabisExplains

MrCannabisExplains

Hey Kkay!

That's horrific!

Are you spraying this plant with something in direct sunlight?? Or did you let her dry out and she started flagging badly?

MrCannabisExplains

MrCannabisExplains

They're inside under LEDs starts about half way up or directly on top. Ph is normal. Spraying every other day with diatomaceous earth
But why are these pics outside then? Why are you spraying them? And do you spray them in direct light?

It looks like the most extreme case of phytotoxicity i've even seen! Water can focus strong light, like a magnifying glass, burning your plants. This can be further amplified by the presence of other substances in the solution. Normally you just get some rusty spots on the margins, but this is horrific!

Pytotoxicity

And it doesn't really look like flagging damage per se, where the leaves are left to desiccate(dry out), usually appearing as dark green, dried out leaves, more at the margins than the interior blade... but desiccation coupled with spraying could burn the desiccated material, resulting in this incredible damage.

K

Kkay42

Yah imma ask him and get back to you I've only sprayed after the leaves got that tip discoloration and it was just the diatomaceous earth with water. We did a big lower level prune but those got so bad we went ahead and threw them out and that's the end result . Spray that solution every other day cleaned with bleach before transplanting. I'm just curious as ever and trying to figure it out

MrCannabisExplains

MrCannabisExplains

Yah imma ask him and get back to you I've only sprayed after the leaves got that tip discoloration and it was just the diatomaceous earth with water. We did a big lower level prune but those got so bad we went ahead and threw them out and that's the end result . Spray that solution every other day cleaned with bleach before transplanting. I'm just curious as ever and trying to figure it out
Cleaned what with bleach??

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Well, you cooked them.
Way too close to the light.
The majority of the worst damage is high up the plant at top sites. heat and proximity.

Docgrows

Docgrows

They're inside under LEDs starts about half way up or directly on top. Ph is normal. Spraying every other day with diatomaceous earth
@Kkay42 why are you spraying DE every day? That will stop up the stomata on the leaves, leaving them unable to transpire (breathe). I’d take them out and wash all that DE off that I could. DE can be sprinkled on media top to help with fungus knats, it kills them when they burrow into soil to lay eggs. I’d say you also have light burn really bad, probably from leaves not passing water through them to keep cool.

Docgrows

Docgrows

Ummm I don’t think you can spray d e in the first place. It goes on the soil and is ineffective against pests when wet.
@Putthataway , you can mix it with water and spray it. It will kill mites that way, but it will clog leaf stomata’s and choke them. It has to be washed off or can be trouble. There are much better ways to treat if mites are suspected.

Top Bottom