Tired of trainwrecking other peoples threads? Well then, come party at the captains! Trainwreck this thread with…….trains? Anything goes here……….

• Thread starter Captspaulding
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

IMG 8882
Here’s a throwback picture of some Pineapple Express under my first LED an old viparspectra v300 , the picture reminds me of an alien spacecraft hovering above a crop. 🤣👽🔥💨

Putthataway

Putthataway

I raised the light up. It’s well over 30 inches from the canopy of the plants now. The new growth has been looking twisted and now they look droopy after propping them up from the gangster lean on Tuesday.
IMG 1403
I tested one of the pots moisture checking in at 18% which is where it’s been on my previous grow, water every 4 days.I am using 5 gallon pots vs. 3 with the mothers. I am using the same amount of water I would use in late veg-flower which is two bottles of your average drinking water of 16.9 ounces. In the 3 gallons I would use one 16.9 bottle early in veg. Anyway this grow has started off with problem after problem. With the light programming/ timer/ daisy chain thing, the bugs, me not being able to program the controller properly, the humidifier running all night when I disconnected it from the controller and reaching 80 humidity I feel this grow isn’t going very well. I feel like I finally got the environment in check, yet the plants seem less happy. I am not going to throw the towel in yet, I look it as a learning experience, but I am getting a little frustrated and worried the clones are going to hermie.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
I raised the light up. It’s well over 30 inches from the canopy of the plants now. The new growth has been looking twisted and now they look droopy after propping them up from the gangster lean on Tuesday. View attachment 2173786I tested one of the pots moisture checking in at 18% which is where it’s been on my previous grow, water every 4 days.I am using 5 gallon pots vs. 3 with the mothers. I am using the same amount of water I would use in late veg-flower which is two bottles of your average drinking water of 16.9 ounces. In the 3 gallons I would use one 16.9 bottle early in veg. Anyway this grow has started off with problem after problem. With the light programming/ timer/ daisy chain thing, the bugs, me not being able to program the controller properly, the humidifier running all night when I disconnected it from the controller and reaching 80 humidity I feel this grow isn’t going very well. I feel like I finally got the environment in check, yet the plants seem less happy. I am not going to throw the towel in yet, I look it as a learning experience, but I am getting a little frustrated and worried the clones are going to hermie.
Yeah you are a ways out from hermie stress, they don’t look that bad bro…..

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Not after the de application. I saw them flying off from the bullet holes mid pot when watering. I haven’t seen them on the next watering on Tuesday. Digging in the media I don’t see the young crawlers only fliers.
Right on, I would still stray the medium a bit too just in case ..

Putthataway

Putthataway

Right on, I would still stray the medium a bit too just in case ..
The mothers went through veg and flower and the rootball was about the size of a grapefruit. The smallest roots I have ever seen. Far from root bound. I dug down there small. Not close to overgrowing the pot. All the growth is or was just on one side. I left space to add more soil and worm castings based on the last run with the mag and nitrogen deficiency experienced. I will try and give them some mag on feed. Crazy it’s pulling mag . The light is on 1 so we’re only at about 100 watts right now. I am going to hit them with neem and spinosad cycle . I appreciate your input 🤡👊

Mothman

Mothman

I raised the light up. It’s well over 30 inches from the canopy of the plants now. The new growth has been looking twisted and now they look droopy after propping them up from the gangster lean on Tuesday. View attachment 2173786I tested one of the pots moisture checking in at 18% which is where it’s been on my previous grow, water every 4 days.I am using 5 gallon pots vs. 3 with the mothers. I am using the same amount of water I would use in late veg-flower which is two bottles of your average drinking water of 16.9 ounces. In the 3 gallons I would use one 16.9 bottle early in veg. Anyway this grow has started off with problem after problem. With the light programming/ timer/ daisy chain thing, the bugs, me not being able to program the controller properly, the humidifier running all night when I disconnected it from the controller and reaching 80 humidity I feel this grow isn’t going very well. I feel like I finally got the environment in check, yet the plants seem less happy. I am not going to throw the towel in yet, I look it as a learning experience, but I am getting a little frustrated and worried the clones are going to hermie.
I’ve always (ok, 3 grows!) grown indoors in 3-gal soft pots of FF potting soil, and even in those, my plants from late veg forward always wanted (and got) 5-7 slow pints at a time on a frequency of water-skip-feed-skip. One or two pints for a 5-gal pot (or even 3-gal) seems inadequate. It might explain the small root ball you found.

Putthataway

Putthataway

I’ve always grown indoors in 3-gal soft pots of FF potting soil, and even in those, my plants from late veg forward always wanted (and got) 5-7 slow pints at a time on a frequency of water-skip-feed-skip. One or two pints for a 5-gal pot (or even 3-gal) seems inadequate. It might explain the small root ball you found.
Makes sense. I was told here before there should be more. They typically just piss anything out. I am going to water them shortly with build a bloom which contains horticultural Epsom salts and a wetting agent that seems to prevent run off. I appreciate your input. 👊

Top Bottom