Yellowing leaves and brown spots

• Thread starter Mambae
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mambae

New grower what kind of deficiency could this be?
Yellowing leaves and brown spots
Yellowing leaves and brown spots 2

Stokes

Stokes

What soil are you using and are you feeding? If so, what?

I want to say early phosphorus but might be just hungry overall. Maybe overwatering but the media looks pretty dry.

I would get ready for a transplant

M

Mambae

What soil are you using and are you feeding? If so, what?

I want to say early phosphorus but might be just hungry overall. Maybe overwatering but the media looks pretty dry.

I would get ready for a transplant
Im using Fox farm ocean forest with cronk liquid nutrients grow, micro, and calmag. its only in its first week of veg in a 1 gal fabric pot it looks alot bigger in the photo. watered it a day ago

Stokes

Stokes

I would go ahead and transplant into a bigger pot.

when i grew in ocean forest i wouldnt start feeding until the 3rd week, 2nd week of flower for autos. They generally dont need much in veg unless youre prolonging it. Its a preamended soil and nutrient lines dont take that into consideration with their feeding charts. If you have more ocean forest to transplant into that should carry you atleast until flower

Photo or auto?

Im leaning towards magnesium now, which would be probable if not for the fact that youre already supplementing with calmag 🤔

M

Mambae

I would go ahead and transplant into a bigger pot.

when i grew in ocean forest i wouldnt start feeding until the 3rd week, 2nd week of flower for autos. They generally dont need much in veg unless youre prolonging it. Its a preamended soil and nutrient lines dont take that into consideration with their feeding charts. If you have more ocean forest to transplant into that should carry you atleast until flower

Photo or auto?
its a photo, maybe too much nutrients then? should i flush the plant with regular water with no other nutrients?

Stokes

Stokes

How tall is that pot and about how full would you say it is?

It looks like its on a 1/4 gallon pot and only filled 2/3 way full, it could be root issues, which would mean it wouldnt matter what you threw at it unless it was precisely ph’d.

Transplant asap

M

Mambae

How tall is that pot and about how full would you say it is?

It looks like its on a 1/4 gallon pot and only filled 2/3 way full, it could be root issues, which would mean it wouldnt matter what you threw at it unless it was precisely ph’d.

Transplant asap
The dimensions are 8 x 6.3 inches and they are filled 3/4 I added some soil to the left pot today to add some support it was stretching a bit. That’s why the soil didn’t look wet

F6C9F80E 2745 448A 944A D0F7A6C90161
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Your not dealing with a deficiency of any kind.
Your light levels are way to high. LED lights are very powerful! What light are you using?
300w and bellow minimum 24" above the top of the plant.
Any light more than 300w should be at least 30" above the top of the plant. No closer k.
600 and above must be 30 inches and the dial set 50% to 60%.
Adjust the light and feed lightly at this age. FF is pretty hot soil so go easy on nitrogen for a while.
She will green up in a couple of weeks.
Burns in the current leaves will not go away. As the plant grows the leaves will shed.
Don't worry about this it's normal k.

Last edited:
Stokes

Stokes

Your light levels are way to high. LED lights are very powerful! What light are you using?
Any light more than 300w should be at least 30" above the top of the plant. No closer k.

Adjust the light and feed lightly at this age. She will green up in a couple of weeks.
Burns in the current leaves will not go away. As the plant grows the leaves will shed.

He just said the plants were leggy thats why he added more soil. The posture of the leafs above the effected leaf looks ok.

Not saying its impossible but without knowing what light, its intensity and distance is kind of irrational at this point.

Stokes

Stokes

How full was the pot and how often were you watering, and how much?

Also, its good practice to always fill your pots to about an inch or two from the top. If not it makes it difficult to properly measure feedings unless you’re doing it by EC. Container size is crucial in soil, it directly effects yield and plant health

Last edited:
M

Mambae

Adjust the light and feed lightly at this age. She will green up in a couple of weeks.
I’m using

AeroLight Wing AW200SE Full Spectrum LED Grow Light 200W at “19 from the canopy at 38% power​

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I'd say it's either slight light stress or nitrogen deficiency. Most likely it's the light. FFOF should have plenty of nutrients. Light stress tends to show on the older leaves first. Nitrogen deficiency looks like that, though. It doesn't quite look like overwatering, which can show yellow new growth.

M

Mambae

How full was the pot and how often were you watering, and how much?
I started both with about 2-3 inches of space in between the soil and the top of the pot. Every 4-5 days I’ve given them about a liter of water give or take. I’ve made sure not to over water

Stokes

Stokes

I started both with about 2-3 inches of space in between the soil and the top of the pot. Every 4-5 days I’ve given them about a liter of water give or take. I’ve made sure not to over water

You should water about every other day. Plants only eat when water is available. Chemicals need to be delivered in it and microbes need a solute. In soil i typically water every other day, and feed with every other watering.

Is the media completely drying out in between waterings? Have the leaves been limp at all?

The issue could be the light, tho not directly. Light drives photosynthesis, which means that as long as its getting light and water it is trying to eat.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Lol yea I don’t think it’s light burn the leaves don’t feel dry or crispy.
It's not light burn. More likely it's light stress, which first appears on the lower leaves because they have been exposed to the light the longest. It wouldn't hurt to reduce the light intensity. I'd start by raising the light to 24-30 inches above the canopy. Distance matters. It certainly wouldn't hurt to give it a try. Those chlorotic leaves, however, won't recover.

Stokes

Stokes

If you have an iphone the photone app is great for checking lighting. Just need a piece of paper over the lens to diffuse. Its not exact exact, but its definitely enough to get you in the ballpark

Stokes

Stokes

download the photone app, if youre getting over 350 for a par reading at the top of that plant i’ll send you a fem seed or two regs of your choice from my collection

You dont need a lot of light for veg. But If it has something to do with the light its not because of intensity, its because of lack of food.

M

Mambae

It's not light burn. More likely it's light stress, which first appears on the lower leaves because they have been exposed to the light the longest. It wouldn't hurt to reduce the light intensity. I'd start by raising the light to 24-30 inches above the canopy. Distance matters. It certainly wouldn't hurt to give it a try. Those chlorotic leaves, however, won't recover.
yea ill raise it a couple inches and lower the intensity, damn thats sad but at this point i just dont want things to go further and it die. thanks man :)

Top Bottom