1st try Growing and battling Impatience

• Thread starter ChuckFinnl3y
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ChuckFinnl3y

ChuckFinnl3y

Finally figured out most of the Stuff and started to attempt the First Grow. Set my expections pretty low so i wont be dissapointed later on and tread it as a learning experience for the first run.

Started with 3 Seeds: Euforia,Skywalker Haze & Critial Orang Punch all from Dutch Passion.

Put them all in Paper Towels and they Germinated the Day after at which point i Stuffed them into Jiffys and put them under a Dome with a Heating mat and Sensor Probe that i put into an extra empty Jiffy.
1st try growing and battling impatience
and after a while both Critical&Skywalker Sprouted

1st try growing and battling impatience 2

ChuckFinnl3y

ChuckFinnl3y

about 2-4 Days after ive Repotted both into RedCups

IMG 20240319 163131

The Critical grew pretty leggy (presumably used the tiny leds build into the Dome for too long).
IMG 20240320 152330

Euforia hadnt sprouted so i dug her out, removed the Shell with a scalpell and put her back into a Jiffy.
Gave up on her at this point but still trying to get her to work. The Seed already looked a bit wonky, unfortunaley didnt took pictures of it looked like one o the pointy Ends were cut or had a dent. Dont wanna blame it on that just an observation i made, and it was a freebie anway.

Later that day i started another Seed, Pineapple Poison by Super Sativa Seed Club in a PaperTowel.

IMG 20240318 151622
ChuckFinnl3y

ChuckFinnl3y

Pineapple Sprouted the day after, but had part of the Seed still attached onto it so i had to remove it with Tweezers and it looked fine after.
IMG 20240325 233151

IMG 20240325 233742

ChuckFinnl3y

ChuckFinnl3y

Germination rate was 100% so far which i was pretty happy with i used Sandpaper, made it into a roll and put it into a Blunt/joint Case and gave it a good shake. Afterwards i just put them into papertowels, gave em a little spritz and put them into Food Plastic&Glas Containers. In between i put them onto the Headmat but only for short while as heat was saving pretty well in the Containers.
Jiffys are all Peat, in the RedCups i put Bio-Bizz Light Mix. So far only lightly watered without nutes.

ChuckFinnl3y

ChuckFinnl3y

Treatment with Hydrogen Peroxide seems sucessfull no more white Spots from a few quick checks, though i will check more clearly by tomorrow.

Forgot to mention my Setup, its an 1x1x2 meter Tent with an 6"/ 402 cfm Inline Fan.
For Lightning i went with the KS3000 from ViparSpectra.
Right now im using Light Mix from Bio-Bizz as growing Medium, also got the All mix which i plan to mix with Light mix and will prob. add once they transistion out of their Red Cups.
For Nutrients i got Calmag from Biobizz and both Pro Oranic Grow&Bloom from TerraAquatica/GHE

Last edited:
ChuckFinnl3y

ChuckFinnl3y

Looks like you’re off to a great start! I like the spread sheet : )
Thanks :) getting more and more excited to get to the point where i can start training :D
and im glad i went for the spreadsheet approach vs. Collegeblock/ manual writing if someone is unsure or might wanna try a chance it surely is great.

ChuckFinnl3y

ChuckFinnl3y

After some forth and back i decided to finally toss the Euphoria and in its stead i threw in a new Pineapple Poision while continuing the H202 Treatment.

Transplanted her early this time to hopefully somewhat catch up to the other Plants.

Few days later i prepd. my Air-Pots and repotted both Skywalker and Critical Orange Punch.

IMG 20240327 225615
IMG 20240327 232105
IMG 20240404 194544
IMG 20240401 213132
IMG 20240401 213852
ChuckFinnl3y

ChuckFinnl3y

At the time of Repotting (1.st April) i added Calmag and began to worry about the Critical, she began to look unhealthy and somewhat weird for me. I waited 3 days so see whether it would get better but it didnt, been discussing it with my friend and decided to add Nutrients on the 4th for the first time. Now shes been fed 0,5ml of calmag (biobizz) and 2ml of Bio Grow(Terra aquatica). Below are some pictures. Not quite sure but she seems to be getting better but that might just be my imagination/hope.

IMG 20240404 194533
IMG 20240406 210106
IMG 20240406 210423
IMG 20240406 210318
IMG 20240404 194512
ChuckFinnl3y

ChuckFinnl3y

On the 6th. late at night I noticed some Crawler on my Chilli side project. Unfortunalry couldnt get any good Pictures of it as i wanted to make sure its contained first. Can be seen in the middle with a lil bit diagonal to the left top corner in the Video.

I got some domesticus earth from my mate on Sunday/ 7th and applied it to hopefully prevent new Eggs beein laid.
Anything other i can do? I just recently added water so i wanna wait before potentially adding Neemoil.

Also waiting for some yellow Stickers to arrive to get some Idea of the amount, so far ive only seen the one in the Pictures while repotting the Chillis in another Room but as Plants where near each other the whole time and Eggs needs some Time to hatch ig its just a matter of time.

ChuckFinnl3y

ChuckFinnl3y

With the Help of @Imzzaudae i was able to figure out the Issue with my Critical Orange Punch to be Light Stress.
Placed her into a Croner and shaded her as suggested.
IMG 20240411 020106

Gotta see how long it takes until i can remove the shade. Placed all my other Plants into Corners aswell later on to make sure it does not happen to them aswell.

Probably gonna repotting the Pineapple soon aswell rn shes still in a cup just placed into the AirPots.

Bilber

Bilber

Sometimes you can use a screen from a backdoor to lessen the light.....hang the screen or build a canopy sort of thing....

ChuckFinnl3y

ChuckFinnl3y

Sometimes you can use a screen from a backdoor to lessen the light.....hang the screen or build a canopy sort of thing....
yeah i was thinking how to improve it while repotting the Pineapple and always had that weird paper bag in the corner of my eyes.
Forgive my ignorance but whats a Backdoor screen 😅?
Right now im thinkinh something along the line of Fabric, fix it to one Corner pole and have it weighted down on the floor but have to see what i can find around the house that doesnt take/soak up humidity and creates more problems for me.
But ultimatly wanna have something that i could just "strap" below the light so all Plants would be "secured".

Bilber

Bilber

Sorry this I the best pic I can take....I'll try and find the loose stuff tomorrow for a real picture.....

20240411 223958

ChuckFinnl3y

ChuckFinnl3y

Long time solution would prob to find some inexpensive Controller for my light so that i could go below 25% , no clue why they just added 4 Steps tbh 🤨
The Lights documentation even suggested to have it on 50% for Seedlings and clones at 28.9" with an average of 367 ppfd so im thinking there might be more at Hand, sure it might just be a guideline/suggestion but still makes me feel like theres something im not quite getting.
Not arguing against the Light stress just trying to understand how it came to be, maybe too much moisture in the Leaves from overwatering, resulting in more heat inside the Leaves making them more subsceptible to light stress?

But the 367 ppfd also seem a bit much for seedlings from what ive read so far so not sure... the Light is meant for 3x3 Tents, and mine is even slightly bigger (metric system).

ChuckFinnl3y

ChuckFinnl3y

Didnt found what i was looking for, did it Ghetto style and just used some plastic bags strapped around the poles.
Was also able to get the light abit higher with directly hanging them onto the Top poles without the Ropehangers.
Was annoying me after a few Days and removed it yesterday, hoping they can handle the Light by now with the slightly increased hight.

After a bit forth and back in my mind i decided to try topping to build some experience, light went off after i finished Topping and strapped down a few branches so pics will follow later.

IMG 20240413 232153
IMG 20240413 232140

Latest posts

Top Bottom