Am I Ready to Start Flushing...

• Thread starter PianoStan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PianoStan

PianoStan

OK, so I am coming up to an important point in my grow: WHEN TO FLUSH! And I could use some help.

For the record, I am growing a Northern Lights Autoflower in a deep water culture hydroponic set-up. Today (4/28/24) is technically Week 7-Day 6 from pushing the seed into the moist peat plug, and starting germination. I didn't count out a "Week Zero" for the germination phase, so I'm not 100% sure that I am actually in week 7, or really in week 6. The plant's grow guide says that it should be ready to harvest sometime around week 10-11. And that flushing should begin at week 8. Although it also says that if the buds are underdeveloped, I can hold count at week 7 until they develop better. Confused? I am!

Through all of my mistakes at the beginning of the grow (it's my first), this plant has become a monster. It currently drinks at least 2.5L of nutrient water per day. I think that it is somewhat light burned at the top because I didn't train it at all, and it grew to within 4 inches of the 2000watt leds that sit at the top of the tent. Still though, there seem to be pretty close to 100 or more bud sites all over the plant. How well they will develop, I can't say.

Here's some pics:
Am i ready to start flushing

It probably needs more trimming, but I didn't want to go overboard.

Am i ready to start flushing 2

A close-up of bud development near mid-plant
Am i ready to start flushing 3

Microscopic examination of trichomes on buds
Am i ready to start flushing 4

Second microscopic trichome examination

So please help y'all. What's the consensus. Do I begin to flush on Tuesday, or do I keep feeding nutrients for at least 1 more week?

PianoStan

PianoStan

I don't do hydro but that plant looks like it has at least 3 or 4 weeks to go, probably more. As many others will tell you don't believe the seed companies when it comes to harvest times.
3 or 4 weeks before starting to flush? Or 3 or 4 weeks before harvesting?

PianoStan

PianoStan

Forgot to add that's a good looking plant for a first try. Good job
Thanks. I'm definitely already looking forward to taking what I've learned into my next grow. They aren't lying when they say that growing weed is addictive!

orggrwr

orggrwr

3 or 4 weeks before starting to flush? Or 3 or 4 weeks before harvesting?
I would say at least 4 weeks to harvest, maybe more. I don't flush because I mostly do organic soil grows so I'm not the one to answer that. Flushing is a controversial subject with many different opinions. Good luck

PianoStan

PianoStan

I would say at least 4 weeks to harvest, maybe more. I don't flush because I mostly do organic soil grows so I'm not the one to answer that. Flushing is a controversial subject with many different opinions. Good luck
Thanks for the info. The grow guide says that flushing will make the bud taste better without chemical aftertaste. Being this is my first grow I don't know the benefits vs. the drawbacks. I will look into this further.

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

that plant has a month or 2 before its finished, just keep feeding till most of the whitr hairs have changed color and mostly receded

Top Bottom