Any idea on the problem, should I cut this, or leave it and see what happens.

• Thread starter MedicalGrower444
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MedicalGrower444

Leaves on 1 week old seedling has Yellow / brown spots. Should I cut these leaves off and disaffect the tent? It also has like a purple tone under the leaves.

Is this from getting fox farm soil on leaves, the environment not having good airflow at first and being wet? Is this from bugs or a fungus? Is this from the wrong PH in water?

Could this be from spray crop defender oils and keeping it under the light?

Should I just trim up and disinfect the place, and keep the environment and PH better?

Or just let it be and it’ll improve?

Any idea on the problem should i cut this or leave it and see what happens
Any idea on the problem should i cut this or leave it and see what happens 2
Any idea on the problem should i cut this or leave it and see what happens 3
Any idea on the problem should i cut this or leave it and see what happens 4
Any idea on the problem should i cut this or leave it and see what happens 5
Any idea on the problem should i cut this or leave it and see what happens 6
Any idea on the problem should i cut this or leave it and see what happens 7
PooToe

PooToe

Early leaves tend to have issues. Probably from the underdeveloped root system or overwatering which is the most common problem.

I would leave it and let it grow out.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I think it’s way too small to be spraying with anything but water! Tender young seedlings don’t take kindly to being sprayed with pesticides and fungicides! Especially the soap, base ones! My first grow, I sprayed my seedlings with some safers Three and one for some dumb reason and damn near, killed The whole lot of them, but they survived! I think yours will, too! Now make sure you don’t overwater it!😃🐒

BudRanger1919

BudRanger1919

The first few sets of some of my leaves on my 4 seedlings had some slight damage. Don't cut them off, they are still alive just a bit damaged. And all the other advice you are getting here is on point. Especially "don't mess with it". The new shoots right in the middle should grow out just fine. Seedlings don't like being sprayed but its not a lost cause by a long shot. They will be fine.

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

Leaves on 1 week old seedling has Yellow / brown spots. Should I cut these leaves off and disaffect the tent? It also has like a purple tone under the leaves.

Is this from getting fox farm soil on leaves, the environment not having good airflow at first and being wet? Is this from bugs or a fungus? Is this from the wrong PH in water?

Should I just trim up and disinfect the place, and keep the environment and PH better?

This is your third or fourth thread about this same little seedling ...tell me what you want to hear and I'll say it! 😂🤣😂

M

MellowRello

This is why it's a good idea to start them in small cups and then up pot. Issues like this are common because you can't keep the soil wet/dry cycle right and on top of that the nutes can be too hot for sprouts .
Also, start in Happy Frog then up pot to Ocean Forest. It makes no sense to mix them. Frog is more gentle for seedlings and Forest is better suited for adults. I keep seeing people mixing them, I don't know why that's a thing.

B

BloomBard

I’d say take it step by step and monitor closely. Sometimes, letting the plant be and just improving the environment can lead to natural recovery. Happy growing!

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
A sick leaf, is still a functioning leaf.
Clown out. 👊🏻🤡

Top Bottom