Any idea what cause this type of formation?

• Thread starter rangabud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

rangabud

Hey guys having some issues with my current grow. Wondering if anyone can point out what could be causing this
No this seems any different than I would normally do in regards to nutrients, lighting or environment.
But for some reason this run 4 plats are doing this with 3 others in the same area being fine.

DTW in coco perlite mix.
Spider farmer se7000 + 3 x sf2000s
H&G cocos, bud xl and a tiny bit of rock resonator running at 1.6ec @ 5.8 ph

Basically the heads aren't forming up there's nothing in the heads besides a few bits of popcorn on long ass stems.
Any idea what cause this type of formation
Any idea what cause this type of formation 2
Any idea what cause this type of formation 3

And then some are looking normal

Any idea what cause this type of formation 4

R

rangabud

I can understand genetics can play a role in this. But I know these genetics pretty well probably around my 8th run with this strain and they are clones. I've never had anything like this with it.
One of the clones has zero of this issue and where all from the same plant.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I'm not sure but I think I see some fan leaves with a single leaflet. That indicates revegging. Has the plant been exposed to light during its dark time?

R

rangabud

I'm not sure but I think I see some fan leaves with a single leaflet. That indicates revegging. Has the plant been exposed to light during its dark time?
Not that I'm aware of, lights seem to turn on and off at the right times.
I'll double check for light leaks when lights are off next but I'm pretty sure there isn't any.
You are correct about being a couple of single bladed leaves not many but there is a couple on the bits sticking out on long stems.

It seems to only be on the half of the room with the SE7000 light the other half of fine.
They did get bit close to that light so I did supercrop all the tallest ones and dim the light down to about 70%ish just till my par meter was reading around 900 or less. That was about 2 weeks ago at the end of the stretch period

Last edited:
Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Heat can have a effect on bud structure however what herb said is also true

Looking more closely you need to cut back on the n I see slight clawing on the top pic and the second has a lotta n for flowering

R

rangabud

Heat can have a effect on bud structure however what herb said is also true

Looking more closely you need to cut back on the n I see slight clawing on the top pic and the second has a lotta n for flowering
Possibly I was trying a slight change on my nutrients ratio this run just to make what resonator I have left last for the run.
Maybe I'll go back to what I've always done, too see if it improves.
Normally I go 1ml of A and 1ml of b of the H&G cocos plus 1ml of resonator that would take me to about 1.6ec.

This run I've been doing 1.25ml of A and B then 0.5ml of resonator to get the same EC

Hasn't effected the other half of the room tho.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Hey guys having some issues with my current grow. Wondering if anyone can point out what could be causing this
No this seems any different than I would normally do in regards to nutrients, lighting or environment.
But for some reason this run 4 plats are doing this with 3 others in the same area being fine.

DTW in coco perlite mix.
Spider farmer se7000 + 3 x sf2000s
H&G cocos, bud xl and a tiny bit of rock resonator running at 1.6ec @ 5.8 ph

Basically the heads aren't forming up there's nothing in the heads besides a few bits of popcorn on long ass stems.View attachment 2140632View attachment 2140633View attachment 2140634

And then some are looking normal

View attachment 2140635
Those leaves look Dark, you may be feeding too much nitrogen which causes super airy buds.

R

rangabud

This could be my slight change is nutrients, didn't think it would effect it too much but I could be wrong looking at it now, it completely slipped my mind.
I'll go back to my normal and see if I can save them a little and not get a complete ruined run. There about to start week 6 believe it or not tiny compared to these normally at this stage

Latest posts

Top Bottom