Anyone making edibles with CBD-V and CBG flower?

• Thread starter Tincandtoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tincandtoke

Tincandtoke

Working on sleep aid for the wife
Ethanol extraction and reduction into coconut oil of a great cultivar thunderstruck 10%thc/15%cbd
Dispensary made some cbd cultivars like super sour space candy but also did a trial grow of cbd-v flower and cbg
Anyone making edibles with cbd v and cbg flower

Finally got around to extraction and added the above concoction to the thunderstruck tincture I regularly make and there are results
The chocolates have a heavier sleep effect
First batch was about a tablespoon of the cbd/cbg mixture added to the thunderstruck tincture
Kind of flying by the seat of my pants and would like some guidance if anyone has any
Thanks

Tincandtoke

Tincandtoke

IMG 20231106 195321

Anyone out there work with CBD and CBG cultivars?!
Glycerine chillers really let you get the full taste of flower and concentrate without the harsh finish
About a week away from another thunder struck extraction so if anyone has any practical experience with CBD and CBG

Tincandtoke

Tincandtoke

I guess I'm the only one on the planet using these cultivars

CBG has an energetic quality according to reports
I added it to the thc/cbd tincture I had made
My hope was to make sure the edibles were not overwhelming
Reports from my end were deep sleep without the hangover from the consumer

You can mix the flower in with other cultivars for great vaping experience

Looking for any CBD or CBG stories
Dosages and experiences

Tincandtoke

Tincandtoke

IMG 20231119 174409
IMG 20231119 175044
IMG 20231119 175825
IMG 20231119 182245
IMG 20231119 185115
IMG 20231119 185215
IMG 20231119 185456

Second batch of thc/cbd tincture reduced into coconut oil for chocolates
Added some extra cbd tincture to tweak the recipe a little for psychoactive side effects
The chocolates made from this tincture reduction go to non cannabis users in place of Ambien

T

Trae1170

Let us know how well the cbd-v helped as a sleep aid. My wife has Lupus and Fibro and could use a good sleep aid. Did it also help with Pain? I have never made edibles yet but hopefully plan to this winter.

Tincandtoke

Tincandtoke

Let us know how well the cbd-v helped as a sleep aid. My wife has Lupus and Fibro and could use a good sleep aid. Did it also help with Pain? I have never made edibles yet but hopefully plan to this winter.

This batch seems to be working well
Eliminated the cbg which is a more energetic cannabinoid from reports
The cbd mixture, which includes the cbdv, got a proper emulsion with 20 minutes of heating
Better sleep with less or no interruptions

This is anecdotal but It seems you need a decent amount of thc along with the cbd to get a true sleep aid
This is a 10%thc/15%cbd cultivar that I extract
Then add the extra cbd extraction

The lab around me will only test licensed product which is just awful

Tincandtoke

Tincandtoke

I am getting good results with the extractions and infusions
Unfortunately posting to myself does nothing to further the development
Need to find a dedicated edible site
Edibles are at best an afterthought on most sites and I need others who are doing similar work to compare notes
I'll wrap this thread up and let it work its way down

cpurola

cpurola

I am getting good results with the extractions and infusions
Unfortunately posting to myself does nothing to further the development
Need to find a dedicated edible site
Edibles are at best an afterthought on most sites and I need others who are doing similar work to compare notes
I'll wrap this thread up and let it work its way down
Just found your thread today.
Hubby and I do not smoke and make canna edibles to help us sleep. I've been experimenting with different cultivars for the last 4 years.
First year I started with an afghan auto and made budder. Worked, but I then tried cannola oil and hubby makes cupcakes from box mixes.
That works too but they are way too strong for me. I use the oil and micro dose onto Lorna Doone cookies.

Now, I grow Northern Lights for hubby and Afghan and various CBDs for me. I grew CBDV last year but it upset my stomach so I let it be.
This past year, (I only grow outside) I tried to grow 1:1 plants but it didn't work out.
The 4 varieties ended up testing (Gemmacert):
CBD Afghan - thc 1.7%, cbd 11.1%
Cream and Cheese CBD - thc .6%, cbd 13.1%
CBD Strawberry - thc 2.9%, cbd 7.2%
Familar Fruit - thc 19.1%, cbd .7%

So, I guess I'll have to mix and match to get the 1:1 I want. 😒

Tincandtoke

Tincandtoke

Just found your thread today.
Hubby and I do not smoke and make canna edibles to help us sleep. I've been experimenting with different cultivars for the last 4 years.
First year I started with an afghan auto and made budder. Worked, but I then tried cannola oil and hubby makes cupcakes from box mixes.
That works too but they are way too strong for me. I use the oil and micro dose onto Lorna Doone cookies.

Now, I grow Northern Lights for hubby and Afghan and various CBDs for me. I grew CBDV last year but it upset my stomach so I let it be.
This past year, (I only grow outside) I tried to grow 1:1 plants but it didn't work out.
The 4 varieties ended up testing (Gemmacert):
CBD Afghan - thc 1.7%, cbd 11.1%
Cream and Cheese CBD - thc .6%, cbd 13.1%
CBD Strawberry - thc 2.9%, cbd 7.2%
Familar Fruit - thc 19.1%, cbd .7%

So, I guess I'll have to mix and match to get the 1:1 I want. 😒

I'm making chocolates for my wife from infused coconut oil
She does not use any substances except vanilla coke
Prefers the chocolates over prescription sleep meds (ambien)
The 10% THC/15%CBD seems to be a sweet spot for ratio
I have vaped this flower (thunder struck) and the effects are a nice experience
You are not high but elevated a little, calm and at ease
Good for an evening out?

Started added some cbd to increase the calming effect but not too much that it impacts the thc
Still in early trial stage and I don't have numbers for what I am mixing together
Looking for effects first then fine tuning
The thc seems to be important for physical sedation and sleep, and it has to be near 10%

I have so many questions about growing but until I get a set up I don't want to waste people's time so I'm doing edibles for now

cpurola

cpurola

I'm making chocolates for my wife from infused coconut oil
She does not use any substances except vanilla coke
Prefers the chocolates over prescription sleep meds (ambien)
The 10% THC/15%CBD seems to be a sweet spot for ratio
I have vaped this flower (thunder struck) and the effects are a nice experience
You are not high but elevated a little, calm and at ease
Good for an evening out?

Started added some cbd to increase the calming effect but not too much that it impacts the thc
Still in early trial stage and I don't have numbers for what I am mixing together
Looking for effects first then fine tuning
The thc seems to be important for physical sedation and sleep, and it has to be near 10%

I have so many questions about growing but until I get a set up I don't want to waste people's time so I'm doing edibles for now
You are doing great with the extractions. Your wife is a lucky woman.
I grow trees so I can experiment without being worried about wasting too much.
Now I have so much I had to hash it to free up more room for next year. (Thanks again gNick55!)😉

The Afghan Auto hash is very potent. I have a set of tiny measuring spoons and the smallest called 'drop' is just enough. I scrape it off the decarbed block I keep in the fridge and swallow it. Night before last I grabbed the next size up spoon marked 'smidgen' accidentally and I was flying an hour later. (won't do that again). A little is nice, 'cause I stopped drinking alcohol, but when I start hearing things and my solitaire cards start floating around the room it's a little too much. LOL

BTW, I stumbled upon another forum you might get some info from. It's not nearly as active as this one but interesting.

Tincandtoke

Tincandtoke

You are doing great with the extractions. Your wife is a lucky woman.
I grow trees so I can experiment without being worried about wasting too much.
Now I have so much I had to hash it to free up more room for next year. (Thanks again gNick55!)😉

The Afghan Auto hash is very potent. I have a set of tiny measuring spoons and the smallest called 'drop' is just enough. I scrape it off the decarbed block I keep in the fridge and swallow it. Night before last I grabbed the next size up spoon marked 'smidgen' accidentally and I was flying an hour later. (won't do that again). A little is nice, 'cause I stopped drinking alcohol, but when I start hearing things and my solitaire cards start floating around the room it's a little too much. LOL

BTW, I stumbled upon another forum you might get some info from. It's not nearly as active as this one but interesting.

Good ol' FC
I'm a member but didn't last long as I got into it with a vendor for being awful and one of their attack dogs started
Wary of sites that have heavy commercial advertising as it seems they have a few members who think they are the forum police and ruin the site
FC is a perfect example
Still, a good overall site with some great members
But a lot bell ends

Crossing my fingers growing is on the ballot this year

IMG 20231202 135808
IMG 20231210 134028

Zen fusion
Vapor without the wires

cpurola

cpurola

Good ol' FC
I'm a member but didn't last long as I got into it with a vendor for being awful and one of their attack dogs started
Wary of sites that have heavy commercial advertising as it seems they have a few members who think they are the forum police and ruin the site
FC is a perfect example
Still, a good overall site with some great members
But a lot bell ends

Crossing my fingers growing is on the ballot this year

View attachment 2085483View attachment 2085484

Zen fusion
Vapor without the wires
Sorry about your bad experience with the FC site. I don't really hang out there, just occasionally read posts.
BTW, your setup (pics) is absolutely fascinating.
And I hope you get to grow too, just keep in mind, if you enjoy it, growing can be an addiction.
Yes, my name is.... and I am an addict.

Tincandtoke

Tincandtoke

Sorry about your bad experience with the FC site. I don't really hang out there, just occasionally read posts.
BTW, your setup (pics) is absolutely fascinating.
And I hope you get to grow too, just keep in mind, if you enjoy it, growing can be an addiction.
Yes, my name is.... and I am an addict.

Kind of what I do, lurk

Not a bad experience but inexperience on my part with FC
Should have went to the moderator with my vendor complaint
I'm kind of new to forums

Thanks for the pics and the jealousy :)

Jimmy chonga

Jimmy chonga

Just saw your post about cbg. I just recently popped a couple cbg-force seeds from Dutch passion. Will update the grow once they get going

Tincandtoke

Tincandtoke

Making some sleep meds and using up some old concentrates to make syrup since I ran out of distillate
IMG 20240120 165253
IMG 20240121 113143
IMG 20240121 114003
IMG 20240121 114015
IMG 20240121 114152
IMG 20240121 114443

Decarb of the flower and isolates
Will pair the isolates with left over distillate and some aging rso

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Looking good!!
I harvested 2500lb of CBDv flower last summer and am making tinctures and vape cartridges. I’m just starting to get my product out to friends and family. I’ve been taking it as well as my wife and dogs. I’ve noticed a big difference in my older dogs arthritic pain in the last couple weeks. We ended up with 29 kilograms full spectrum oil, co2 extraction.
Keep up the good work man!!
I’m super excited to see people working with CBDv out there:)
Here’s the lab results from last years harvest,
All organic no pesticides used whatsoever 😉

507A1F3B 28A8 4C2B B080 2C0B33A896DA
7D8EA733 8AAD 4EC1 A17F C6BDBB2B0FF1
051D7C60 D06E 4BB2 907E 6BA8B2AF505B
Tincandtoke

Tincandtoke

Looking good!!
I harvested 2500lb of CBDv flower last summer and am making tinctures and vape cartridges. I’m just starting to get my product out to friends and family. I’ve been taking it as well as my wife and dogs. I’ve noticed a big difference in my older dogs arthritic pain in the last couple weeks. We ended up with 29 kilograms full spectrum oil, co2 extraction.
Keep up the good work man!!
I’m super excited to see people working with CBDv out there:)
Here’s the lab results from last years harvest,
All organic no pesticides used whatsoever 😉

Thank you for the reply and lab results
Hard to get testing around here (medical only) and in the bordering fully legal states
Need to be a licensed participant or they would be testing some off the wall submissions, understandable
Have a home testing kit for TLC but it is more approximation

The CBDV flower caught my attention when I vaped a nugget from a batch bought for extraction
Its different than super sour space candy and others
It has changed the thunder struck tincture
Don't want to report anything as fact, its all anecdotal
The chocolates using the cbdv tincture addition report better sleep and wake up
This stuff kicks ambien's ass
But my people report better effects with the 10% thc so there is some kind of balance with these 1:1 cultivars and the cannabinoid percentages

Do you sell commercial or recommend a respectable source?
My medical dispensary is kind of tight and I can not get them to do the cbdv and cbg flower again
Its the live rosin show now, it gets tiring with these trends

Keep trying to tell folks to enjoy the flower of these cultivars in a vape
Most of the ones I try are peppery and spice like a good red sativa
Thunderstruck gives you a touch of psychoactive effect but loads of chill/calm

Had to do a double take
2500 lbs
I'm buying 3.5 gram containers
Showed up to a gunfight with a garden hose

Having access to cbdv and cbg concentrate would speed up my work from the end product side
Accurate dosing would be within reach
So many variables from each extraction, the most important being the different percentages of each grow
Thunder struck goes up and down percentage wise throughout a year and for some people who have low tolerance they can feel the slight difference

Top Bottom