Back and (slightly) better than ever

• Thread starter Fromunda506
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fromunda506

Fromunda506

Hello people of the universe. It has been a while since I have put up a journal and what a long, strange trip it has been. Had some crazy health shit going on this year that put me almost entirely out of growing. Lost like half of my moms, including a few that really really hurt. My last harvest was like May, which is an extraordinarily long time in my world. Enough about me, let’s talk about some weeds.

Unfortunately, this is going to start as a bit of a slow roll. The only gal I have flowering right now is this Topanga Canyon OG. She’s in 3 gallons of coco and fills a 3x3. When I scrog an og or other gal that likes to rock the big tall colas, I give em a little extra time so they can get vertical during flower. Just seems like they produce better ime. She has been on 12-12 lighting for 33 days. Smells mostly like a dead animal…dig it. Putting on some decent stacks for as many tops as she has. I am way low on good weed, so stage one is to crank this tent as hard as possible to stock up the jar stash.
IMG_0184.jpeg

IMG_0187.jpeg

Over in my 4x4, I have 4 ladies in 5 gallon pots of promix getting vegged up. Will be setting them on short days soon. They are chocolate gelato (back left), grandi guava (front left…just got watered and a bit droopy) and then two of my keepers grown from seed from @Trustfall. Tokyo snow x okie wedding cake (right front and back). These ladies are both lovely. They are similar enough that I probably only need one of them, but it has been really hard to decide. Have only grown small tester plants of each. Hoping a larger format grow will help me decide. The gal in front is vegging way harder after getting some size. Diggin that.
Back and slightly better than ever 4
Back and slightly better than ever 3

My mom’s that survived, looked like absolute hell. Even the ones that survived were root bound and had been in Coco that at one point was getting watered like once or twice a week. I finally got them all back to a point where I could get decent cuttings taken from them And have a 2 x 4 full of cuts that are in the rotation and some seed plants that I’m trying out. A few of the cuts are still growing out, but everyone has more or less recovered from the last year of bullshit.
Back and slightly better than ever 5

In the final steps of re-setting my other 2 x 4 to test some seed plants. That space will be getting 4 smaller ladies. Looking like 2 amnesia haze X lemon tree and 2 jungle cake X wedding cake, both from a breeder friend in Oregon. They are the four little top plants in the center of the picture above. Getting ready to go into 2 or 3 gallon coco pots and get vegged up to dance. Planning to kick a space into flower about each month and harvest on the same schedule. Will see how that goes. Have a great weekend all. Cheers

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

Topanga canyon og 3x3 scrog. 5 wks 2 days of 12-12. Expect her to take around 10 to finish, so over the hump. Starting to put on some mass. Smells less like a dead animal as the flowers develop. Earthy and kind of sweet’ish for an og, but I dig it. Backed off her nitrogen Saturday and later that day she started showing signs of having a bit too much. Caught it just a bit later than a would have liked, but whatever.
IMG 0233
IMG 0236
IMG 0243

Going to flip the light on these soil gals probably tomorrow. Back left and front right are Tokyo snow x okie wedding cake (2 different phenos). Back right is a grandi guava. Front left is a chocolate gelato. All are from clones. Front left that looks droopy and hungry got fed just before this pic.
IMG 0239

Potted up my jungle cake x wedding cake (x2) and amnesia haze x lemon tree (x2) in 2 gallon bags of coco. They are little seed plants. Going to run them pretty small and see how they are before I invest a bunch of veg time in them. Will keep clones in case there are any keepers. Forgot to take pictures before bedtime, but they’re nothing much to look at yet anyway. There is really room for two more tester size plants in that space. Thinking I am going to throw a red velvet and a Dantes inferno in there just dump a little extra fire in the stash. Have clones of both that are just about the right size to slide right in to the rotation with these girls.

Til the next one. Cheers

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

Merry Christmas farm. Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday. This Topanga Canyon OG scrog started week 6 today. The swell is getting bout it. Plan to run regular nutrients through about week 8, winter frost for 5-7 days, then water until she’s done. We will see if she stays on board with that. So far, she has been an easy girl to deal with.
IMG 0262
IMG 0263

Wife got me a SE3000 for this space for Christmas. Will be here in a couple days. May set it up for the tail of this grow, but definitely looking forward to the upgrade for the next run.

Threw the switch on the soil 4x4 Saturday. Haven’t run ladies in soil for a minute. Kind of miss how much less work it is than coco can be. These 4 should fill out the space nicely.
IMG 0253

Enjoy your day all. Cheers.

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

Happy end of 2023 all. For a number of reasons, I’ll be happy af to put this year in the books. Getting things spun back up in the garden is moving along though.

Topanga canyon of is finishing week 7 of short days. Will switch her over to winter frost tomorrow for 5-7 days. She still has a lot of swell in the tank, but her canopy is starting to thicken up. Nugs are nicely frosty.

IMG 0304
IMG 0306

…in the dark
IMG 0293

The ladies in soil are 10 days since flipping them to 12-12. Filling out the 4x4. 2 beefy girls in front are the snow drifts from tengu seed co. Back left-guava. Back right-chocolate gelato.
IMG 0300

Next batch is getting vegged up in the third flower space and plan to kick them in about when I cut the Topanga. Left two are amnesia haze x lemon tree. Right two are wedding cake x jungle cake. Middle is a little red velvet that I threw in instead of tossing an extra clone. The others are all going to get topped one more time. Will train her a little different to catch her up.
IMG 0302

This hungry little Dante’s inferno cut is getting potted up into 5 gallons of coco to replace the Topanga when she wraps up. Looking forward to getting this one going. I have tried some stellar nugs of this varietal, but not this particular cut, at least that I am aware of.
IMG 0278

Happy new year farmers. Cheers.

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

Topanga og is getting into week 9 (day 59). Winter frost doing a number on her leaves. If I had it to do over again, I would’ve held off for one more week. She started a late flush of growth literally the day I started the winter frost. She’s gonna want a solid 10 weeks and she is going to look like absolute dog shit by then. Flowers are putting on some decent swell. Smells ambiently like a dead animal, but is delightfully sweet and dank if you brush against a flower. There’s just not a good angle to photograph this tent from. Easier to tell what she has going on in the dark.
IMG 0367
IMG 0365

Soil girls are just past 2.5 weeks since flipping them to 12–12. They really stretched out nicely, and all started showing good amount of frost in the last couple days. Tokyo snow x Okies in the front are representing period big thick ass branches, starting to put down some thick little flowers.
IMG 0374

The third space should be ready to flip right about when the Topanga OG finishes. Her replacement is going to be a Dantes Inferno, which is vegging up in a 5 gallon bag. Going to see if I get some thicker stacks with upsizing the coco pot from 3 to 5.

So nice to be back in the swing and have good flowers rolling down the pike. I have been living on crap I have laying around and subpar dispo weed for the last couple months. Ready for some homegrown. Cheers

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

Happy Sunday farmers. Things are finally getting cooking around here.

Topanga og finishing week 9 today. Wrapping up a final swell. Should be ripe and ready to cut by next weekend.
IMG 0424

The 4 girls in the 4x4 are about 3.5 weeks into 12-12.

Chocolate gelato
IMG 0421

Guava
IMG 0419

Snow Drift (#2)
IMG 0423

Snow Drift (#7)
IMG 0422

Family photo
IMG 0418

Here is the next batch getting ready to go. 2 on left are jungle cake x wedding cake. 2 on the right are amnesia haze x lemon tree. Center back is a cut of red velvet. They have all been topped 3 times and will have 8 tops.
IMG 0425

The center front is a 5 gallon Dante’s inferno for a 3x3 scrog. Just pruned her way back to get several more tops. She was leggy too. It is chilling in here until the Topanga og gets chopped next week.

Here are a handful of new/replacement moms from a buddy (you know who you are) who kindly sent me some cuts to replace moms I lost when I was out of commission. The farm is rad.

IMG 0428

Enjoy the rest of the weekend people. Cheers

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

Topanga canyon og - day 67
She’s makin me wait for it. Getting there though. Nice and cloudy. No amber yet. The week nine late flush of flowering has largely wrapped up. Still has quite a few white’ish pistils for how ripe her trichs are looking on the older calyxes. She’s acting like she wants an 11th week. Much like most things in my life that women have wanted me to do, I’ll probably bitch and moan and then just suck it up and do it.
IMG 0490
IMG 0489

Cheers

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

Starting week 11 in a couple days on the Topanga OG scrog. She is still swelling like mad. Seems like maybe slowing down a touch, but she’s already had a couple late surges. I’m just here for the show until she finishes. I switched her over to cold water, cut her down to 11 hour days and the lights are at about 35%. Pulling on all the levers to try and get her finished up in at least week 11. I am damn near out of homegrown, and that’s some bullshit. 😂
IMG 0525
IMG 0530

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

My soil tent is in an old attached but separate concrete garage. The last two weeks, it has struggled to get above 70F in the middle of the day. About 58-60 with lights out. Popping all sort of nice color from the temps. Day 30 flower pics

Tokyo snow x okie (#2)
IMG 0554

Tokyo snow x okie #7
IMG 0555

Guava
IMG 0556

Chocolate gelato
IMG 0557

Current family photo…
IMG 0558

The Topanga starts week 11 today. She is finally almost done. She is finishing off pretty decent, but she will probably not stick around my grow unless the flower turns out to be really exceptional. I don’t mind running longer-run plants, but if I’m going to invest that much time, I would rather run big sativas that can look me in the eye when they’re done. I made this screen adjustable and raised it as this girl stretched out. Didn’t really notice, but she’s packing some nice flowers below the top deck.
IMG 0550
IMG 0553

These 5 are almost ready to go. A few seed testers and a red velvet cut. These will be on the smaller side in this space. Looking about ready to send these ladies to the show. Switching some lights around. These are currently under some old blue panels that I like for veg for a couple more days. Keeps them nice and squat and bushy, but takes shit pics so I switched em off for pics.
IMG 0545

Happy Sunday all. Cheers

Last edited:
Fromunda506

Fromunda506

Things roll fast with 3 alternating flower spaces. Keeping ahead of it is taxing my minimal organizational skills. Just visited the mom room to take cuts for the next soil run. planning these five. may get sporty and throw in a sixth.

Grape pie (Cannarado cut)
Ecsd x Cinderella man (@Trustfall cut)
Larry x motorbreath (hunted by a friend)
Jungle cake (seed junky cut)
Grape gas (compound cut)

Also getting seeds ready for the next test run. Running regs, so I want to get them going early to cut and sex them before selecting plants to flower. Going to drop 5x each of yeti f4 and super lemon nightmare. Looking for 5–6 decent females to flower and maybe a stud or two. Planning to make a few reg crosses this year and I’m looking for the right dude. I had a stunning kings bread kush male that I was hanging onto for this project, but I lost him when I got sick last year.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Things roll fast with 3 alternating flower spaces. Keeping ahead of it is taxing my minimal organizational skills. Just visited the mom room to take cuts for the next soil run. planning these five. may get sporty and throw in a sixth.

Grape pie (Cannarado cut)
Ecsd x Cinderella man (@Trustfall cut)
Larry x motorbreath (hunted by a friend)
Jungle cake (seed junky cut)
Grape gas (compound cut)

Also getting seeds ready for the next test run. Running regs, so I want to get them going early to cut and sex them before selecting plants to flower. Going to drop 5x each of yeti f4 and super lemon nightmare. Looking for 5–6 decent females to flower and maybe a stud or two. Planning to make a few reg crosses this year and I’m looking for the right dude. I had a stunning kings bread kush male that I was hanging onto for this project, but I lost him when I got sick last year.
Ah shit can’t wait to see what you think of that ecsd x Cinderella man!

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

It’s been a minute since I have posted a proper update of the shenanigans I’ve been up to. Feels like it at least. I’m a little drunk and real high tho. 😂 Imma do it anyway.

Topanga og scrog turned a major corner. Couple days into week 11. Not sure how well it comes through in the photos, but she finally looks about ripe.
IMG 0618

Some love for the chonky colas in the back of the tent that always play backup singer in photos of this gal.
IMG 0595

IMG 0612

Did some training today on the Dante’s inferno that will replace her when she’s done.
IMG 0607

The soil tent is looking beautiful. It’s been chilly in there. Just about done with week 5.
IMG 0610

2x4 space getting flipped this weekend.
IMG 0597

New moms
IMG 0590

Veg tent (a few moms and stuff getting ready to get ready)
IMG 0611

My thicc ass cat chilling with Mrs. Fromunda.
IMG 0577

Thanks for popping by. Cheers.

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

Everything looking good buddy! How many times have you done the topanga?
This is my first run with her. She has been super well-behaved other than me misreading her a bit and cutting down her nutrients too early. Little rusty… Lol. She’s finishing pretty strong though. Can’t wait to try the flowers.

Top Bottom