Beginner and Budget friendly soil & Nutrient routine

• Thread starter KeeperOfKeys
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KeeperOfKeys

KeeperOfKeys

So I have been SCOURING reddit, facebook, and various online forms trying to find the best option for soil mixes and Nutrient routines (waiting for my light to show up). I'm still feeling a little lost. I plan on buying soil and nutes this week.
I settled on this for a while:
"FFOF soil. Add 2 cups dolomite lime prills per bag. No nutes til flower. Once flowering use Nature's Nectar nitro, phos, potassium. 8 ml nitro, 12 ml phos, 12 ml potassium per gallon every water cycle until last 2 weeks then drop nitro completely. No ph'ing at all. As long as you have decent water supply you'll have zero issues"
I however, have not been able to find much on the Nature's Nectar nutrients on old posts.
Does this mixture make sense? Would you do something different?
I plan on buying from this store, if anyone sees something there thats better.
Also, bonus question: If you ordered a Kingbrite light, how long did it take to get to you, and what shipping option did you use?

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I'm guessing you're planning to do an organic grow. Is that right?

I however, have not been able to find much on the Nature's Nectar nutrients on old posts.
Sorry. I can't help with that. I'm a Gaia Green fan.

Does this mixture make sense?
Not sure. I don't like dolomite lime because it's alkaline and will raise the pH level. I didn't see mention of calcium or magnesium supplements or calmag, unless they're in Nature's Nectar.

Would you do something different?
I do something quite different from that every time I grow. There are many opinions about mixing soil.

Bonus answer: Be careful buying a light.

KeeperOfKeys

KeeperOfKeys

I'm guessing you're planning to do an organic grow. Is that right?
Yeah, eventually I would love to mix my own living soil. However, I don't want to wait the 90 days some recipes require. So in the meantime, I'm leaning more organic/a mix of organic and not
Not sure. I don't like dolomite lime because it's alkaline and will raise the pH level. I didn't see mention of calcium or magnesium supplements or calmag, unless they're in Nature's Nectar.
Nature's Nectar Phosphorous 0-4-0 Guaranteed Minimum Analysis is Available Phosphate (P205) 4.0% Calcium (Ca) 0.7%. Advantages: - Completely solubilized phosphorus source that also contains Calcium - Organic acid ensures phosphorus is easily absorbed - Add size and weight to fruit and flowers - Aids in root development

Nature's Nectar Potassium 0-0-5 Guaranteed Minimum Analysis is Soluble Potash (K20) 5.0%. Advantages: - Fast release potassium completely solubilized - The potassium source also contains cytokinins to increase number of flower sites - Simple and complex carbohydrates - Alginic acid ensures translocation of potassium into plant - Builds plants immune system with a combination of sea kelp species

Nature's Nectar Nitrogen 5-0-0 Advantages: - Completely solublized, instantly available source of nitrogen with no sediment - 13% of formula contains 21 free amino acids - Provides nutrition for beneficial bacteria improving conditions of growing medium - Increases photosynthesis for a greener plant

There is some Calcium, but I'm not seeing Magnesium. Does it still look sketchy?
Bonus answer: Be careful buying a light.
Well, it's already bought, and its on the way. haha, so I'm already in. Hopefully it turns out alright!

N

Natep

Build a soil 3.0 recipe. Amend with craft blend and worm castings at beginning of flower. Re amend with craft blend and castings right after harvest. Wait two weeks and start the next batch.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Yeah, eventually I would love to mix my own living soil. However, I don't want to wait the 90 days some recipes require. So in the meantime, I'm leaning more organic/a mix of organic and not
I wasn't referring to living soil. I meant use of organic nutrients versus synthetic nutrients.

Nature's Nectar...
I think I've only heard of Nature's Nectar. I use Gaia Green dry nutrients along with supplements for calcium, magnesium and trace minerals.

There is some Calcium, but I'm not seeing Magnesium. Does it still look sketchy?
I don't know if it's sketchy. It seems complicated when a general purpose 4-4-4 fertilizer will do.

Magnesium is important, but it's easy to add. Epsom salt is a good source.

Top Bottom