Chocolate Thai - Landrace Team

• Thread starter ACSippi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ACSippi

ACSippi

I got a pack, out of 5 seeds 2 were male, 2 were herm female and one female.

I've always heard two stories about Choco Thai, one is it tastes like chocolate one that says it don't.

The Pic is from a herm female the others are drying and the NOT herm Female is still making seeds.

If I handed you a J and asked if you taste chocolate, you'd taste it. I'll make a video of me testing it with a Purpl Pro. And add it to this thread.

Don't mind the kibble and bits, I rolled a J and dumped the scraps back in the jar.

Chocolate thai   landrace team
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Seeing as they are kind of an equatorial plant, did you start vegging them at 18 six or did you stay closer to 1311 or thereabouts? I was looking at them but they take too long for me outdoors. I don’t have any light dep set up. But I am thinking about getting some Afghani or Iraqi Indicus through them. Glad to see you got what you ordered! Or did you get them through a bank?

ACSippi

ACSippi

I got them from the Landrace Team.

In veg I blast my plants with 24 hours of light, cannabis never sleeps according to its genetics but 18/6 is 100% okay too. When I flipped these to flower I went 11/13, that's basically my sop anyways.

Of the three F plants they all finished at different times, the two herm plants finished a week apart, the non herm seeded plant is still not ready to be harvested but I got to check on her. She's getting close. I still got to look her over incase I missed any bananas.

ACSippi

ACSippi

Landrace Team
Landrace Mafia/Trident Seeds (they have an actual web store now easy to order seeds)
The Real Seed Company
Zomia Collective

All great landrace shops. Hazeman sells Drawohs line of Chocolate Thai F3s. I've never grown them but Drawoh is well known for his Choco work, Hazeman reproduced them.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
I got a pack, out of 5 seeds 2 were male, 2 were herm female and one female.

I've always heard two stories about Choco Thai, one is it tastes like chocolate one that says it don't.

The Pic is from a herm female the others are drying and the NOT herm Female is still making seeds.

If I handed you a J and asked if you taste chocolate, you'd taste it. I'll make a video of me testing it with a Purpl Pro. And add it to this thread.

Don't mind the kibble and bits, I rolled a J and dumped the scraps back in the jar.
Landrace Team
Landrace Mafia/Trident Seeds (they have an actual web store now easy to order seeds)
The Real Seed Company
Zomia Collective

All great landrace shops. Hazeman sells Drawohs line of Chocolate Thai F3s. I've never grown them but Drawoh is well known for his Choco work, Hazeman reproduced them.
Do you prefer landrace smoke? I've never gotten any legit land race, do you breed with them or just grow them or both?

ACSippi

ACSippi

Do you prefer landrace smoke? I've never gotten any legit land race, do you breed with them or just grow them or both?
I do prefer landrace smoke. I do both, but can't do much breeding with limited space. I've been working on a cultivar for the past few years so it's taken up most of my time and space. I tried getting into the modern direction but its so bad now that I'm going back to the roots.

The plant I've wasted so much time on is like a succulent to me now, or maybe Trophy Wife would be a better description. I don't even like it anymore. I'm dissapointed. It's hella pretty, tastes good, great plant 20% thc but just sucks. Very modern, and like everything else nowadays.

A few years ago I grew Skunk #1 from Todd McCormick and later got NL5 to stash away. I didnt realize at that time but I enjoyed the skunk #1. Recently I thought about trying to breed a landrace into my plant so I did a Chocolate Thai cross to dumb my plant down and change the chemotype some. Hoping for the best.

But after smoking this choco thai I feel I switched back to normal lol like a wakeup call. I can walk out of the room I smoked in, come back 15 minutes later and it's like a throwback smelling the odor. Like the good old days.

Todd M is one of my favorite guys, I have a bunch of his seeds comming. I try to buy a pack of landraces per month. You know where I'm going with this!!! Gonna fafo!!! Maybe someday I'll be able to expand and pheno hunt all these F1 seeds I'm about to make.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Just fishing for a few opinions. A lot of these land races are really prized for their medicinal and healing qualities more so than just getting loaded. A lot of the Africa stuff! Do you all think that a lot of the medicinal qualities have been bred Out of the weed on the journey from land race to modern hybrid? Or maybe just the opposite?

ACSippi

ACSippi

Do you all think that a lot of the medicinal qualities have been bred Out of the weed on the journey from land race to modern hybrid? Or maybe just the opposite?
We gunna find out! Over time at least. I tested this Choco Thai several times and got numbers from all over the board using random smokable buds. I don't know what weed used to test like so I don't know if it lost or gained medical qualities.

Lowest THC was 8% highest 20%
Lowest CBD was <2% highest 7%

I can't even say it favored high numbers or low. I still have two other Choco plants to test when they're done drying.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
It was way too general a question with probably no real answer! The best response probably would’ve been, quit getting hammered and asking dumb questions! Lol! Hope you find what you’re looking for with that Choco!

ACSippi

ACSippi

Shoot, I love talking about weed...cantcha tell 🤣. Funniest yet, I don't even smoke much. I microdose and ride the whole day ever so slightly elevated.

I just potted 4 Mango Thais from the Landrace Mafia. Best M or F is getting crossed with whatever Todd McCormick sends me.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
With such a wide range of phenotypes possible with these land race plants, you never know! You may cross a couple just for the hell of it, and hit the jackpot! CA 25% THC and 20% CBD strain! It’s kind of like a treasure hunt! Seen a bunch of descriptions, might come out high. CBD, might come out high THC, might be Indica, leaning, might be sativa leaning. All those being the description of one strain from India, or Afghanistan, or Africa! 5000 years ago there might have been a 50% CBD strain growing somewhere out in the jungle! That got watered down overtime! I suppose it’s possible that the genetics for that strain could still be floating around out there someplace! No matter how minuscule the chances I think there is still a possibility that something like that could resurface in one of your pots

Last edited:
cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
I do prefer landrace smoke. I do both, but can't do much breeding with limited space. I've been working on a cultivar for the past few years so it's taken up most of my time and space. I tried getting into the modern direction but its so bad now that I'm going back to the roots.

The plant I've wasted so much time on is like a succulent to me now, or maybe Trophy Wife would be a better description. I don't even like it anymore. I'm dissapointed. It's hella pretty, tastes good, great plant 20% thc but just sucks. Very modern, and like everything else nowadays.

A few years ago I grew Skunk #1 from Todd McCormick and later got NL5 to stash away. I didnt realize at that time but I enjoyed the skunk #1. Recently I thought about trying to breed a landrace into my plant so I did a Chocolate Thai cross to dumb my plant down and change the chemotype some. Hoping for the best.

But after smoking this choco thai I feel I switched back to normal lol like a wakeup call. I can walk out of the room I smoked in, come back 15 minutes later and it's like a throwback smelling the odor. Like the good old days.

Todd M is one of my favorite guys, I have a bunch of his seeds comming. I try to buy a pack of landraces per month. You know where I'm going with this!!! Gonna fafo!!! Maybe someday I'll be able to expand and pheno hunt all these F1 seeds I'm about to make.
Can't wait to follow your landrace grows that sounds amazing to be able to bring back the terps that prohibition has eliminated over the years! I am a HUGE fan of afghan myself, but any of the old school varieties are soooo different from modern that it would be refreshing to smoke them.
I know @Captspaulding is popping some of his own older stuff if you follow his threads there is a lot that may interest you over there. He still blows my mind all the time with the varieties he has kept over the years and his overall growing prowess. Can't say enough about the guy, class act too.
I will make sure to bookmark this thread so I don't lose track of it ✌

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Can't wait to follow your landrace grows that sounds amazing to be able to bring back the terps that prohibition has eliminated over the years! I am a HUGE fan of afghan myself, but any of the old school varieties are soooo different from modern that it would be refreshing to smoke them.
I know @Captspaulding is popping some of his own older stuff if you follow his threads there is a lot that may interest you over there. He still blows my mind all the time with the varieties he has kept over the years and his overall growing prowess. Can't say enough about the guy, class act too.
I will make sure to bookmark this thread so I don't lose track of it ✌
Man it’s nice when all your hard work pays off with awesome statements like this.
Thanks homie! I try………👊🏻🤡

Top Bottom