Clawing or just genetics? any info would be great

• Thread starter Pants
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Pants

I see a moderator does not know ffof soil. Its loaded with nitrogen. Lot of people start there baby plants in other soil before putting it into ffof to prevent burn . Yeah its funny right . HAHA . Who does not know or used ffof soil ? They clearly do not go to hydro stores
I was under the impression that ffhf was less nute dense than ffof, are the both just overly nitrogen dense for early stages?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
IMG 1345

P

Pants

Have a few seedlings (2 weeks old) that feel like they are taking a while to start up and have lighter leaves, I am sure that I overwatered and I will correct that, but was also curious if they are taking longer due to the size of the pot. I cannot for the life of me, remember how long the first set took to go from seedling into larger veg. Second photo is a set that was started a week ago and already seem to be similar size. Thank you
IMG 6576
IMG 6578

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
I see a moderator does not know ffof soil. Its loaded with nitrogen. Lot of people start there baby plants in other soil before putting it into ffof to prevent burn . Yeah its funny right . HAHA . Who does not know or used ffof soil ? They clearly do not go to hydro stores
Will ffof burn all plants ? No but how many post i have seen people having burnt clones in the soil. Its usually fresh rooted clones that have issues .
He is using happy frog he said not ocean forest

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Have a few seedlings (2 weeks old) that feel like they are taking a while to start up and have lighter leaves, I am sure that I overwatered and I will correct that, but was also curious if they are taking longer due to the size of the pot. I cannot for the life of me, remember how long the first set took to go from seedling into larger veg. Second photo is a set that was started a week ago and already seem to be similar size. Thank youView attachment 2132832View attachment 2132833
That pot is too big if your new, start in solo cups

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Autos are not for beginners, I highly recommend just getting feminized seeds. I personally think they are a gimmick money grab but yea

Mothman

Mothman

Have a few seedlings (2 weeks old) that feel like they are taking a while to start up and have lighter leaves, I am sure that I overwatered and I will correct that, but was also curious if they are taking longer due to the size of the pot. I cannot for the life of me, remember how long the first set took to go from seedling into larger veg. Second photo is a set that was started a week ago and already seem to be similar size. Thank youView attachment 2132832View attachment 2132833One looks fine, the other is on the bubble. To me, that 2-wk seedling looks about a week to ten days behind. Maybe just a late starter, seed variation, upside down start, who knows. Give it time, it could surprise you.

I have one now that I started a week later than the other three, and it’s one of the more robust plants. Another in this grow I thought had died as a seed; I tried to find it in the pot but no luck. I set the pot aside on my table, and a few days later there’s a straggler rising from the pot like Lazarus from the dead! It is now one of my heartiest ladies. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Mothman

Mothman

One looks fine, the other is on the bubble. To me, that 2-wk seedling looks about a week to ten days behind. Maybe just a late starter, seed variation, upside down start, who knows.

Is everything else consistent from one pot to the next?

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Will ffof burn all plants ? No but how many post i have seen people having burnt clones in the soil. Its usually fresh rooted clones that have issues .
Homie, ff is the most unstable soil I’ve used.
I feel dirty when I buy it. It’s a last resort.
Honestly you can grow in miracle grow and get better results. Over rated dirt that used to be ok.

Mothman

Mothman

Homie, ff is the most unstable soil I’ve used.
I feel dirty when I buy it. It’s a last resort.
Honestly you can grow in miracle grow and get better results. Over rated dirt that used to be ok.
I’ve been disappointed to find more granite gravel and clay than I expected. And this current grow, HF + dolomite, before I ever fed anything I had nitrogen tox. I’m gonna look for Pro-Mix next I think.

P

Pants

IMG 6754

Back again, having a hard time telling if this is nute burn or light burn. 300w LED, ~4’ away, sadly the dimmer does not work so its at 100%. Nutes I am using are RAW Bloom at 1/2 strength once a week
IMG 6755

P

Pants

Leaf tips look burnt, however since its also on the lower leaves I am leaning towards nute burn verus light burn

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
It’s both. Nutes it looks like you have too much n. That’s the hook downward.
The hooks upward on leaf tips the light is too hot . I see both symptoms.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
It’s both. Nutes it looks like you have too much n. That’s the hook downward.
The hooks upward on leaf tips the light is too hot . I see both symptoms.
Over water second glance as well.

Top Bottom