Cock in the hen house!

• Thread starter BearWater
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Hadn’t checked in on the grow space for a couple days ( I watch the temp and and what not on the controller). Found this fella hanging out 😂 just thought I would share, I’ve be eagerly awaiting. Thinning the heard!
Cock in the hen house

ddandurand

ddandurand

very nice, how far are you into flower at if you don't mind me asking. I'm flowing a male right now to learn while i get some more ladies started.

ddandurand

ddandurand

i do have a question for you G, do your run reg seeds or fem seeds. and do you wait for pre flowers before flipping or flip before and catch them as they pop up?

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
@ddandurand

I used to run regs before fem seeds arrived on the scene. For a while I was still running regs till fems we’re more stable than they were at the start.

When I ran regs I didn’t veg as long as I do now and would figure them out in flower

Nowadays I veg about 6-8 weeks so I normally see pistols before I flower

Last edited:
BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
very nice, how far are you into flower at if you don't mind me asking. I'm flowing a male right now to learn while i get some more ladies started
very nice, how far are you into flower at if you don't mind me asking. I'm flowing a male right now to learn while i get some more ladies started.
Hey thanks! : ) Ask away my friend! These plants are getting into their 8ish 9sish week old stage. Still in veg.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
The first and last ones are definitely male the middle could go either way.

Males normally show earlier than females but then again your question wasn’t aimed at me 😱
I appreciate the more seasoned growers stopping by and chiming in! : )

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
He be like SURPTISE M....A!...haha. Good thing you've spotted that, could ruin all the ladies
No kidding! Some of the females are barely showing and then this fucker full on “OH YEAH’S” through the door!!!! pretty sure there are a few more in there.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
@ddandurand

I used to run regs before fem seeds arrived on the scene. For a while I was still running regs till fems we’re more stable than they were at the start.

When I ran regs I didn’t veg as long as I do now and would figure them out in flower

I’m going to try and dial this is next run. this has been a great learning experience for me but damned those males just hiding in there waiting to “fuck” shit up! Not my cup of tea hahaha. I was also considering purchasing some feminized seeds ( I really want to run a GDP and NL).

Before you got it dialed, how many plants would you start and hope for females?

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
I was lucky bud I hit the ground flying on my first grow and didn’t really look back sure I had a few germination problems but nothing major till I got hit with mites 😱

I’d always put 10 in the ground and would get a 50/50 split sometimes the odd extra female but never less than 5

Lol you kinda make me want to grow regs again but I have a bad habit of crossing them 😆 witch is extra work i can live without

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
I was lucky bud I hit the ground flying on my first grow and didn’t really look back sure I had a few germination problems but nothing major till I got hit with mites 😱

I’d always put 10 in the ground and would get a 50/50 split sometimes the odd extra female but never less than 5
it took me germinating like 25 of the banana garlics then dropping them all over the floor to realize I probably only need a few of each to guarantee a female or two hahaha!! Still over did it out of an abundance of caution aka “I dont know what the fuck im doing” hahahaha!!

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Went out into the grow space today and have come out cross eyed!! Im going to have to wait until those things are dropping balls in my face to know what im looking at! I’ve seen the chart Gnick has posted but im really hesitant to start culling plants until I know for certain. This right here might be the most important lesson im learning on this run, I feel its pretty basic stuff but im struggling with it : ) makes it more stressful than it needs to be. All my chickens are hens for sure and laying eggs daily so that’s a win! 🤪😂

ddandurand

ddandurand

@ddandurand

thanks for the reply, I'm still learning myself, Ive been lucky to have mainly had females in my runs of reg seeds. this run i got 2 males which helped a lot in the learning process. I appreciate your time.

Top Bottom