Got a little scissor happy

• Thread starter cbrians
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cbrians

cbrians

Okay, here’s the deal.

I topped my pants. Right at the fifth node. No big.

They sprouted two more shoots right. normal. Me in my wisdom of never having grown before, snipped those two off too so it doesn’t get too tall and skinny.

Thinking now, I might have fucked something up. Is this gonna be bad long term? I’m growing outdoor in california so I have time.

The plants don’t look bad. In fact they’re bushy as hell. Just short. Which isn’t the worst?

Got a little scissor happy
Got a little scissor happy 2
Got a little scissor happy 3
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I bet 99% of the guys in this forum have learned this lesson. Can you nip it off just bellow the top node, leave as much of the stump bellow and still be able to low stress train the plant? Unfortunately with no stub above this will likely split if you let the plant grow even a moderate size.

cbrians

cbrians

I bet 99% of the guys in this forum have learned this lesson. Can you nip it off just bellow the top node, leave as much of the stump bellow and still be able to low stress train the plant? Unfortunately with no stub above this will likely split if you let the plant grow even a moderate size.
So it is boned? If I trim a node down and leave some stump you think could correct itself?

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
If you don’t top a plant, you will have one main cola! If you Top a plant once you will wind up with two main colas. In my book, topping create in essence, two plants growing from that V Where you made your cut! That V will always be a Weak point where the stem will be prone to splitting! If you top a plant at 1 foot, and each side grows another five or 6 feet you are putting a hell of a lot of pressure on that V, and it needs to be supported! Back when I use the top, I wouldn’t top before the plant was three or 4 feet tall to try and maintain some semblance of balance! Hopefully that will confuse you!😁

cbrians

cbrians

Absolutely 💀

My concern is that I topped it, then topped the two little growths. Just wanna know if I did any major damage that I should try to correct cuz they aren’t growing back from those brown scabs in the picture.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
If I trim a node down and leave some stump you think could correct itself?
That would be my guess.

About splitting: I sometimes run a support between the two stems if it looks like there could be a problem.

My concern is that I topped it, then topped the two little growths. Just wanna know if I did any major damage that I should try to correct cuz they aren’t growing back from those brown scabs in the picture.
I can't tell from the pictures if those two branches leading away from the node branches or fan leaf stems. If they're branches, they should be okay and only maybe need some support. If they're fan leaf stems, then you'll need to top above the node below. That's my thinking, anyway. I could be wrong.

cbrians

cbrians

That would be my guess.

About splitting: I sometimes run a support between the two stems if it looks like there could be a problem.

I can't tell from the pictures if those two branches leading away from the node branches or fan leaf stems. If they're branches, they should be okay and only maybe need some support. If they're fan leaf stems, then you'll need to top above the node below. That's my thinking, anyway. I could be wrong.
Okay, I’m gonna try and get my kid to do his math homework then I’ll get more pictures. I’m okay with trimming it again, I feel like I have a lot of time. Thanks y’all

cbrians

cbrians

Growing weed has me fucked up. Part of it’s all specific temps and nutes and timing, and then there’s these moment where you just cut it again 💀

cbrians

cbrians

Okay, about a week out from removing that excess stem. No growth in that area.

the rest of the plants look good. Is this going to still produce flowers? I don’t really know where the ‘flower site’ is.

Pics incoming

cbrians

cbrians

Size wise they’re relatively on track. The other three I topped correctly. Little one in the middle was transplanted a week after.

My concern is;

Will it have weed lol
How can I support the Y shaped branches so they don’t break
But really will it have weed

IMG 0176
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Is this going to still produce flowers?
It will if it stays healthy.

I don’t really know where the ‘flower site’ is.
Bud sites will appear after the stretch.

My concern is;

Will it have weed lol
It should.

How can I support the Y shaped branches so they don’t break
Run a support between the two so they support each other. I use extra-long pipe cleaners. They're soft so they won't harm the stem and can be reused. Stakes pushed down the sides of the pot can be used as the branches get heavy.

But really will it have weed
It will if you give it what it needs. I've never had one fail to flower. We learn a lot during our first few grows. Study the plant to see how it grows. Doing so will answer many of your questions.

cbrians

cbrians

Awesome, thanks for the advice. I am curious to see the difference in size between them.

Top Bottom