How much rockwool dryback should I have?

• Thread starter milkchugger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

milkchugger

So, I'm new to the hydroponics game, I grew in coco for a while and handfed everything and just recently we completely switched to 4x4 fill and drain tables. Still getting the hang of it tbh but I think I'm close to having it dialed in. I'm concerned that I'm overfeeding the 6x6 hugos that I'm using. I need to know the correct dryback % for these cubes. Roots grow crazy out of the bottom of these but I've never checked the dryback on these things. I have an aqua x pro so I'm going to order a meter for that system to get percentages. Thanks in advance

B

Bdubs

After you transfer the rockwool block/plug to your hydro net cup with pebbles, you should never water the pebbles or rockwool. Water plays from air bubbles keep the pebbles wet, and the 100% humidity zone you create between the water and the container lid is what keeps it all wet.

Never feed from the top and only focus splash and water levels.

So the answer to your question is 5 days dry back before watering a rockwool block.

If you water the block or from the top in hydro, your plant is guaranteed to droop and root rot.

Top Bottom