Is it normal for germinated seeds to sprout within 12 hours of planting?

• Thread starter cityfarmer3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cityfarmer3

cityfarmer3

Hey so just had a quick question so I'm working on my 1st grow it's a GG4 auto in a 2x2x4 tent and she is coming along great she is just starting to flower so I went and bought a 2nd smaller tent 2x2x2 for starting seedlings and whatever but a friend of mine gave me some seeds that he had collected and asked me to get a few plants started for him while he gets his equipment together so I germinated 5 seeds in a paper towel and planted them before I went to bed last night and I just checked on them and 4 out of the 5 have sprouted already (within about 12 hours) so not knowing what strains or any else about these seeds is that a good thing and is it normal for seeds to sprout that quickly??

Is it normal for germinated seeds to sprout within 12 hours of planting
katraiter

katraiter

Hey so just had a quick question so I'm working on my 1st grow it's a GG4 auto in a 2x2x4 tent and she is coming along great she is just starting to flower so I went and bought a 2nd smaller tent 2x2x2 for starting seedlings and whatever but a friend of mine gave me some seeds that he had collected and asked me to get a few plants started for him while he gets his equipment together so I germinated 5 seeds in a paper towel and planted them before I went to bed last night and I just checked on them and 4 out of the 5 have sprouted already (within about 12 hours) so not knowing what strains or any else about these seeds is that a good thing and is it normal for seeds to sprout that quickly??
If they haven't popped up I'm looking for them , asking what's taking so long? Running water over them to find them!

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

Since I'm high af I'll weigh in. If I plants seeds in peat/coco coir or rockwool I start looking for sprouts day 4+. If I soak them 24hrs first I start looking day 3+. If they're popping quick good for you😉

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

well 1 thing is for sure this guy isnt gonna ask anymore questions in here after everyone has made and poked fun at him for the 1 he asked

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

No I got thick skin man and I'm just down to learn all I can so I'll definitely be asking more questions and I'm sure some of them are going to be pretty dumb 😎👊
Good, and welcome to the fun. We're usually pretty stoned so thanks for bearing with us😉

4-5 days are the norm for seeds from planting/wetting. Many will soak the seeds for 24hrs first and that of course speeds up the process.

What strain are you growing?

cityfarmer3

cityfarmer3

Good, and welcome to the fun. We're usually pretty stoned so thanks for bearing with us😉

4-5 days are the norm for seeds from planting/wetting. Many will soak the seeds for 24hrs first and that of course speeds up the process.

What strain are you growing?
Right there with you on the being stoned part! 😁 So the new seedlings I really have no clue what they are the seeds were given to me by a friend who thinks it is wedding cake I was just really surprised to see them sprout like 12 hours after I planted them. This is them today.

PXL 20240515 111825972MP
cityfarmer3

cityfarmer3

Right there with you on the being stoned part! 😁 So the new seedlings I really have no clue what they are the seeds were given to me by a friend who thinks it is wedding cake I was just really surprised to see them sprout like 12 hours after I planted them. This is them today.
I started my 1st grow 5 weeks ago it's GG4 auto and with some help from a few people on this forum she is coming along pretty good

PXL 20240515 111752564MP
PXL 20240515 111741664MP
PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

Awesome. Now it's time to start a grow journal and add new pics with info on how you're growing them like type of medium, nutrients, lighting, atmosphere control, etc. and any questions along the way. The more time you spend here reading the nuggets of info you'll learn way more than if you read a book on growing😉

Top Bottom