Wanted Is pond water good

• Thread starter danski_420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Is it good water

• Total voters
D

danski_420

Hi everyone hope the grows are well !!!! I am very new to growing and growing in soil so here is my question for you all. If I am growing in organic soil would it be safe for me to use my own pond water to feed my plants?? This pond is 3ft deep with 8 fish happily swimming and living in it 3 of which are koi. I know fish poo is good for teas and things but would it be safe enough to just straight water my plants with as long as ph levels are good?????

Happy growing peeps!!!!
Is pond water good

Zerberus

Zerberus

Hi everyone hope the grows are well !!!! I am very new to growing and growing in soil so here is my question for you all. If I am growing in organic soil would it be safe for me to use my own pond water to feed my plants?? This pond is 3ft deep with 8 fish happily swimming and living in it 3 of which are koi. I know fish poo is good for teas and things but would it be safe enough to just straight water my plants with as long as ph levels are good?????

Happy growing peeps!!!!
View attachment 2077161

Fish tank water is good that's for sure, but pond water has to many variables in it. Best thing would be to get the water tested, there might be chemicals or contaminats in the pond water that don't necessarily affect the fish but might be harmful to plants. So just be careful, if your planning on using it then try it out on a single plant and see how that goes.

3cats

3cats

Fish tank water is good that's for sure, but pond water has to many variables in it. Best thing would be to get the water tested, there might be chemicals or contaminats in the pond water that don't necessarily affect the fish but might be harmful to plants. So just be careful, if your planning on using it then try it out on a single plant and see how that goes.
I say go for it, what doesn't kill you just makes you stronger lol , If you fish are healthy and don't have 3 eye's or abnormal growths then wtf. I don't know if I'd want all my eggs in the same basket if I'm counting on a harvest and need the supply but maybe try 1 -2 first, if they are healthy at 1 month they'll probably stay healthy

Top Bottom