My babies…will they…make it?

• Thread starter lady_jay
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lady_jay

lady_jay

So, everything was going OK... until I transplanted to their final containers (after around 4 weeks in seedling pot and then 2 liter pots) , and 3 days later they look very unhappy.

They are in pre-buffered coco, with 30% perlite. EC 1.2/1.3, PH 5.9/6.1. Under LED lights. They look over-watered? Is that possible? I have been watering once a day.

Any idea whats going on? I hope a wise soul can advise and save their lives. Pictures below

thank you

My babieswill theymake it

My babieswill theymake it 2
My babieswill theymake it 3
My babieswill theymake it 4
cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
So, everything was going OK... until I transplanted to their final containers (after around 4 weeks in seedling pot and then 2 liter pots) , and 3 days later they look very unhappy.

They are in pre-buffered coco, with 30% perlite. EC 1.2/1.3, PH 5.9/6.1. Under LED lights. They look over-watered? Is that possible? I have been watering once a day.

Any idea whats going on? I hope a wise soul can advise and save their lives. Pictures below

thank you

View attachment 2137767
Weird, hopefully a coco person swings by. Anything different from the previous pot media wise? Any changes at all would probably help diagnose ✌

Newty

Newty

I'm not a coco grower but did you start right at 1.2 EC? I know there's more to it but I've seen people start lower, around 0.5 EC and raise as needed.

lady_jay

lady_jay

Hello! It's the same media and I made sure to pre-water it to match the EC and PH of the media it was in before transplant

lady_jay

lady_jay

I'm not a coco grower but did you start right at 1.2 EC? I know there's more to it but I've seen people start lower, around 0.5 EC and raise as needed.
hello! I didn't start at EC 1.2.. i started at 0.6 and worked my way up. They are over a month old now

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

The light shading in the last picture is light burn bud.
Back the light off at least 24". Your stressing the plant.

E.C 1.2 - 1.3 is a pretty light feed. You need 200 - 250ppm N. Try .5 or .6 set the pot in a bowl of solution and let it soak up all it wants 2 or 3 min. Then dump the solution and top water at least 25% of the pots volume. Let the top water solution run away in order to flush the old nutrients out of the pot and feed the plant new solution. Your not over watered k.

Do this daily! Never just water, always with a fertilizer solution. Watch for lower leaves to yellow a bit as she grows larger.
When you notice yellowing, increase the E.C input 100 ppm threw out the grow.

Should fix you right up.
Watch the PH. Always 6.5 plus or minus 2 points. Bring it down with PH down take it up buy adding water to solution.

Make sure you give her suggested amounts of Cal-Mag! Very important.
Do this and your plant will take right off for you in a few days.
Ron
You should go check out this link. Do a little reading and come back.

Last edited:
lady_jay

lady_jay

E.C 1.2 - 1.3 is a pretty light feed. You need 200 - 250ppm N. Try .5 or .6 set the pot in a bowl of solution and let it soak up all it wants 2 or 3 min. Then dump the solution and top water at least 25% of the pots volume. Let the top water solution run away in order to flush the old nutrients out of the pot and feed the plant new solution. Your not over watered k.

Do this daily! Never just water, always with a fertilizer solution. Watch for lower leaves to yellow a bit as she grows larger.

Should fix you right up.
Watch the PH. Always 6.5 plus or minus 2 points. Bring it down with PH down take it up buy adding water to solution.

Ron
Thank you for the advice, I will try this out

lady_jay

lady_jay

Should fix you right up.

Ron
So, I am actually following the cocoforcannabis schedule, which is why I was feeding EC 1.2/1.3 with high frequency fertigation. I upped it to EC 1.4 on the last feed and today they kinda look worse. Growth seems to have stopped and yellowing around the leaf perimeter seems more exaggerated. The lower leaves look the least affected.

Just bizarre. PH is 5.9, runoff EC is same as inflow EC. Humdity is around 55% and temp around 72f. Lights are on the lowest setting right now with plenty of distance

20240321 161524
20240321 161542
20240321 161553
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Now it's almost time to sit back and relax. Give your plant 2 weeks. Change nothing and see how she responds.
Pot plant's are a lot like a slow motion fireworks display. After you light the fuse you have to be patient and see what happens next. Just feed as directed. Try and keep the PH 6.3 - 6.7 5.9 is getting a little low.

I'd like to know what light you have, what power setting and at what distance it is from the tops of your plants.
Just in case.

What are you feeding your plants? Please include N-P-K numbers so I can take a little closer look at what is going in the pot. A young Plant this size will not use very much N so getting outflow readings will be sketchy at best. As the plant grows larger it's demand on nutrients will become more measurable via your E.C pen. Don't fuss on it now k. Your all good at .4 . If you can get the daytime temps above 75 it would also help. I like 78 -80 deg F for good growth.

Last edited:
lady_jay

lady_jay

Now it's almost time to sit back and relax. Give your plant 2 weeks. Change nothing and see how she responds.
Pot plant's are a lot like a slow motion fireworks display. After you light the fuse you have to be patient and see what happens next. Just feed as directed. Try and keep the PH 6.3 - 6.7 5.9 is getting a little low.

I'd like to know what light you have, what power setting and at what distance it is from the tops of your plants.
Just in case.

What are you feeding your plants? Please include N-P-K numbers so I can take a little closer look at what is going in the pot. A young Plant this size will not use very much N so getting outflow readings will be sketchy at best. As the plant grows larger it's demand on nutrients will become more measurable via your E.C pen. Don't fuss on it now k. Your all good at .4 . If you can get the daytime temps above 75 it would also help. I like 78 -80 deg F for good growth.
I have LED lights, on about half power, so that would be 300 watts per light. around 3 feet from the top of the plants. I couldn't tell you the NPK but I was using canna coco A+B.

I have switched to Advanced Nutrients Sensi Coco bloom for flowering. Still EC of 1.2. Here's how they look. Lights are at 75% now (so around 450 watts per light) and temps are 78.8F

Thanks!

20240406 105920
20240406 105930
20240406 105939
20240406 110209
Top Bottom