New Grower. Need help please.

• Thread starter GrowForMe85
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrowForMe85

GrowForMe85

Hello all,

I am growing two autoflower strains from Mephisto. All has been going great until this past week.

Background: I'm in a 2x2x4 Mars Hydro tent with their FC-E1500 at about 50% intensity at about 30 inches from the top of the canopy. I'm using FFOF soil in 5 gallon fabric pots with around 3 gallons of soil in them. I use locally sourced spring water and lemon juice to pH between 6.5-7. About two weeks ago I amended the soil with a top dress of worm castings and watered in with ReCharge. Last week I top dressed with Gaias bloom as she was showing signs of preflower and I was trying to prevent the soil from lacking nutes on the transition.

A few days ago I noticed what looked like bleaching on a couple leaves. Thinking it was light related I raised the light s bit higher (from 24 to 30 inches). This didn't help 2days later I noticed flowering sites were browning and withering. Thinking I over watered I haven't given them a thing. Now it's chaos and I'm afraid my plants that I've worked so hard for are on their way out. Can anyone please help?
New grower need help please
New grower need help please 2
New grower need help please 3
New grower need help please 4

levietousgardens420

levietousgardens420

Quite possibly but I think they might just be getting a little close to the light see if you can raise it at all. How often do you water them and feed them normally, also should check your levels

GrowForMe85

GrowForMe85

Lemon juice should be used only temporary until you get the real stuff, it's a weak acid so it breaks down fast and becomes useless, and the imgs below show over feeding or too much N the end of the leafs are clawing (bending down) then they burn on the end which some of yours have.

Over feeding in some way, they look healthy tho, so i'd flush it and give it a few days, the clawing should stop.

View attachment 2170474
Should I re do the amendment after I flush?

GrowForMe85

GrowForMe85

Yea, sorry I'm new to this too. It's my first time at it. I watched literally days of videos before I even made the decision to start buying supplies. Everything through veg went fantastic. Then....this *waves at pictures*

MrCannabisExplains

MrCannabisExplains

I wouldn't say that your plants are too close to the light, nor over watered, maybe over fed though.

What's your humidity or VPD?

At first glance, i'm drawn to P toxicity. What were the P levels of the top dressing you applied? P Tox has 2 indicators that i see:

Dark green leaves: Excessive phosphorus can cause the plant to overproduce chlorophyll, leading to dark green leaves that may have a dull or blueish appearance.

Leaf tip burn: Excessive phosphorus can cause the tips of leaves to become brown and dry, a condition known as leaf tip burn. This is due to the accumulation of salts in the plant, which can damage the plant's tissues.

The burn may explain your node desiccation as well.

As a new grower, you may be interested in this:
That's me. :)

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
he has over amended his medium and waters too often causing (see it on the leaves) the problem of releasing too many nutrients,..
plus some sort of stress (3 fingered leaves) maybe from nutrients, lights, pests, etc..
what’s the temp and humidity?,..

Motophotog1

Motophotog1

I wouldn't say that your plants are too close to the light, nor over watered, maybe over fed though.

What's your humidity or VPD?

At first glance, i'm drawn to P toxicity. What were the P levels of the top dressing you applied? P Tox has 2 indicators that i see:

Dark green leaves: Excessive phosphorus can cause the plant to overproduce chlorophyll, leading to dark green leaves that may have a dull or blueish appearance.

Leaf tip burn: Excessive phosphorus can cause the tips of leaves to become brown and dry, a condition known as leaf tip burn. This is due to the accumulation of salts in the plant, which can damage the plant's tissues.

The burn may explain your node desiccation as well.

As a new grower, you may be interested in this:
That's me. :)
Agreeing with this reply. I'm a bit of a cannagreenthumb myself lately. I'd say you are overfeeding. Remember autos like watering in lower quantities but more often. I think you likely started adding too much and it's normal. It's normal to think... "More is always better" I'd give your plants a quart to 2 qts of water every other day. When you are at the height of flower you might need to feed that amount daily. Always remember this is a plant that typically doesn't NEED you. You are better off to underfeed And underwater than to over water and choke it out. Remember you can't breathe when under water... Roots are the same.

Secondly, autos respond to it's environment. So if you have a small tent, the air needs to be moving. I'm hoping you have a filter and exhaust fan PLUS at LEAST one clip on circulating fan.

Third, your plants need that 5g pot to be mostly full. Fill that baby up. There is new research showing you can get an auto to day 40 before it starts to flower with a bigger pot size. 3gal for an auto should be the smallest used. I like 5 or 7. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Top Bottom