New Grower. Need help please.

• Thread starter GrowForMe85
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrowForMe85

GrowForMe85

he has over amended his medium and waters too often causing (see it on the leaves) the problem of releasing too many nutrients,..
plus some sort of stress (3 fingered leaves) maybe from nutrients, lights, pests, etc..
what’s the temp and humidity?,..
Temp ranges from 72-82 and RH ranges from 55-65%

GrowForMe85

GrowForMe85

Temp ranges from 72-82 and RH ranges from 55-65%

and post a pic of the grow area

Lights just came on half hour ago

levietousgardens420

levietousgardens420

I only have Neem oil but I haven't used it as I haven't noticed any signs of pests. What was your experience with it?
I read that you should dilute it and spray every one to two weeks and it started burning and only did it the last two weeks so might do every 2 weeks or stop.

Screenshot 20240513 173358
levietousgardens420

levietousgardens420

I gotta empty out the trays today from underneath the drainage trays, could fumes mess with them if I haven't cleaned them out for a bit? Normally do every week or so to empty them to keep from mold build up.

levietousgardens420

levietousgardens420

Try not to use graduated amounts when you water. Water until it runs out the bottom and make sure the entire media is wet.
When I water I water over the entire top and until it starts to come up from the soil, but I also poke holes through the soil with chopsticks to make sure the water goes through all the way and so do the nutes.

PooToe

PooToe

When I water I water over the entire top and until it starts to come up from the soil, but I also poke holes through the soil with chopsticks to make sure the water goes through all the way and so do the nutes.
When I water I use a 2 liter soda bottle with holes poked in the cap. It makes it easier to direct a soft spray of water where I want it.

Soil gets hydrophobic when it dries. You want to add just enough water to cover the entire media top and let it soak in without poking holes and stuff. You want to naturally remove the hydrophobic conditions the soil has. Poking holes will allow the water to run out the bottom faster without actually absorbing into it due to it being hydrophobic. After the initial watering I give it a few minutes to soak in and reduce the hydrophobic condition of the soil. After that I water in around a 1/2 liter at a time giving the soil a chance to fully saturate.

You're in nursery pots so the only runoff you'll see is through the bottom but when you use cloth pots it's easier to see if you are watering too fast because water will leak out the sides. When you water too fast you'll leave dry spots in the soil.

GrowForMe85

GrowForMe85

My take based on the pictures and your narrative, the burn is from too much N at the wrong time. It also what’s causing the bad bud formation, too much N in flower can really mess up and delay flowering.
Thank you for the input. Hopefully I haven't screwed up too bad

PianoStan

PianoStan

@GrowForMe85

The tips are clawing which is Too much N, overwatering can show fake signs of too much N but the leaves are burning(going crispy) so this shows over feeding.

If you feel you overwatered as well as overfeed then a flush isn't recommended, the only thing you can do to fix this is leave them for a good few days without any water or feed and let it fix it's self.

Cannabis plants are tough like rambo, she'll pull through as they look really healthy otherwise.
Clawing tips can also be a sign of calcium deficiency. I'm not an experienced enough grower to definitively try to diagnose this, but there is more than one reason for clawing leaves.
"...I use locally sourced spring water and lemon juice to pH between 6.5-7..."
My understanding of the marijuana plant is that it grows best in a pH of 5.5-6.1

GrowForMe85

GrowForMe85

@GrowForMe85

The tips are clawing which is Too much N, overwatering can show fake signs of too much N but the leaves are burning(going crispy) so this shows over feeding.

If you feel you overwatered as well as overfeed then a flush isn't recommended, the only thing you can do to fix this is leave them for a good few days without any water or feed and let it fix it's self.

Cannabis plants are tough like rambo, she'll pull through as they look really healthy otherwise.
Thank you so much. This makes sense to me from what I'm seeing and have read. I just couldn't quite find the exact issue that I was dealing with on other forums. I appreciate you taking this time, man.

420autoflier

420autoflier

Clawing tips can also be a sign of calcium deficiency. I'm not an experienced enough grower to definitively try to diagnose this, but there is more than one reason for clawing leaves.

My understanding of the marijuana plant is that it grows best in a pH of 5.5-6.1
That's for hydro. 6.4 for soil.

420autoflier

420autoflier

Might be a good idea to do a light flush when your soil dries back a bit. Ffof has enough nutrients for about 5 weeks for autos. Just have to watch the leaves. They're definitely nitrogen toxic. Don't add any top dressing afterwards. When you do, do it sparingly. Ph 6,3 6.4. ffof is considered too hot for autos. Happy frog is less hot and good for 3 to 4 weeks with no added amendments. It's difficult to judge how much w.c, b,g or any top dressings to add. Save the recharge for much later. It's easier to use some liquid feed supplements. The fox farm trio is super easy to use and I've had some great results. Not growing in soil anymore. So I've switched nutrient lines.

Latest posts

Top Bottom