Not sure what I got going on here?

• Thread starter Thefatbastard
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thefatbastard

Thefatbastard

Could too much water cause this? I have added fish fertilizer liquid twice over last 2 weeks but the yellowing still is present. I know it’s a broad question…

Not sure what i got going on here
Not sure what i got going on here 2
Not sure what i got going on here 3
Thefatbastard

Thefatbastard

Ph or root issues imo, or just massively underfed. What are you feeding
Soil in bottom is Foxfarms Ocean forest, top was miracle grow potting soil. I’ve given 2 feedings of liquid fish fertilizer, 2 Tbl spoon in gal of water and have a pint or so. Gave this since I was worried it was Nitrogen deficient. At 1 point I did have some flies about a month ago, I think they came from the ocean forest but some diatomaceous earth and flytraps have taken care of that. Will never use Ocean Forest again. Seed was germinated 3/24 Auto Strawberry Pie light is about 14” high from plant and 20 hrs on 4 hrs off.

Stokes

Stokes

Soil in bottom is Foxfarms Ocean forest, top was miracle grow potting soil. I’ve given 2 feedings of liquid fish fertilizer, 2 Tbl spoon in gal of water and have a pint or so. Gave this since I was worried it was Nitrogen deficient. At 1 point I did have some flies about a month ago, I think they came from the ocean forest but some diatomaceous earth and flytraps have taken care of that. Will never use Ocean Forest again. Seed was germinated 3/24 Auto Strawberry Pie light is about 14” high from plant and 20 hrs on 4 hrs off.

i see some significant calcium and magnesium issues. I dont see where anything you did would cause a ph swing. Root issues could be possible with too much water and/or no drainage. I think theyre just hungry. Did you pot the ocean forest and miracle grow at the same time? Is MG potting soil amended at all? Not sure what your intention was with the mix, some people put different soils at the bottom thinking that they will reach the bottom at different growth stages. Im sorry but everything ive seen says roots dont work like that, they dive straight to the bottom.

Anyways. If the mg wasnt amended with anything, im thinking the FFOF has simply exhausted its nutrients, which normally happens at this point.

Not sure what that fish fertilizer has in it, never use it, would imagine that its high in nitrogen and nothing else of direct nutritional value.

How wet has the soil been? I honestly think that a good flush to start a cycle of liquid chemical bloom nutrients would be the best option to get her back on course for flower. I would supplement with calmag if you have any. Its what i would do, not knowing the progression of your deficiencies and how long its looked like this

stanknkatz

stanknkatz

What kind of light? Most LED lights I'd say raise the light to about 24"-36" and turn it down to about 50% if you can adjust the intensity.

Thefatbastard

Thefatbastard

i see some significant calcium and magnesium issues. I dont see where anything you did would cause a ph swing. Root issues could be possible with too much water and/or no drainage. I think theyre just hungry. Did you pot the ocean forest and miracle grow at the same time? Is MG potting soil amended at all? Not sure what your intention was with the mix, some people put different soils at the bottom thinking that they will reach the bottom at different growth stages. Im sorry but everything ive seen says roots dont work like that, they dive straight to the bottom.

Anyways. If the mg wasnt amended with anything, im thinking the FFOF has simply exhausted its nutrients, which normally happens at this point.

Not sure what that fish fertilizer has in it, never use it, would imagine that its high in nitrogen and nothing else of direct nutritional value.

How wet has the soil been? I honestly think that a good flush to start a cycle of liquid chemical bloom nutrients would be the best option to get her back on course for flower. I would supplement with calmag if you have any. Its what i would do, not knowing the progression of your deficiencies and how long its looked like this
Sounds like a plan I’ll grab some Calmag and give it a go. Thanks for the input

Top Bottom