Opinions on Humboldt Seed Co

• Thread starter pbull79
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

pbull79

So I've ran a few different strains from Humboldt. I've had the same results with every strain. I'm just curious if anyone else has ran them and what your results were.

PianoStan

PianoStan

So I've ran a few different strains from Humboldt. I've had the same results with every strain. I'm just curious if anyone else has ran them and what your results were.
No, I've never run them. But I am curious as to whether or not their elevated pricing comes with elevated quality.

I'm a new grower, and I'm working up my confidence to start on of those 46% triploid plants.

So you say that you've gotten the same results every time, were you happy or not?

Stokes

Stokes

Very established and reliable breeder.

id put them right around Ethos/In House in quality. Just under Archive and CSI, but above Barneys/Dutch Passion etc

You talking photos or autos tho?

P

pbull79

So I've ran the Blueberry muffin, jelly donutz and now the sour diesel. All of my plants have been super small, tons of leaves, PM and minimal yield. With the smaller yields they tend to dry very fast and I have to cure much longer. Once they cure they are fire. I have had PM with every strain. I have sour diesel in a tent with some Trop Cherry. The diesel got PM and my Trop was fine. The sour diesel was vegged for 3 months and is the front of the tent. These are 6 weeks into flower.
I'm just trying to figure out if it's something I'm doing wrong.
20240516 054321

Stokes

Stokes

So I've ran the Blueberry muffin, jelly donutz and now the sour diesel. All of my plants have been super small, tons of leaves, PM and minimal yield. With the smaller yields they tend to dry very fast and I have to cure much longer. Once they cure they are fire. I have had PM with every strain. I have sour diesel in a tent with some Trop Cherry. The diesel got PM and my Trop was fine. The sour diesel was vegged for 3 months and is the front of the tent. These are 6 weeks into flower.
I'm just trying to figure out if it's something I'm doing wrong.View attachment 2174644

Disinfect your fan.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I’ve run, Humboldtdream, old growthOG, Bigfoot glue, Don Carlos, Blueberry muffin. All outdoors in rough condition! Took some into November without any Mold issues! The only one I wouldn’t grow again is the blueberry muffin! Seemed pretty frail and finished about the second week of September! Way too early for my Liking! But grower error needs to be factored in also! Have golden sands, and OG triploid started for this year! Not impressed with either one so far as seedlings go! But once again, Grower error is a distinct possibility! Still a long ways to go!

PianoStan

PianoStan

I'm just trying to figure out if it's something I'm doing wrong.View attachment 2174644
I wish that I had anything more to say really. I'm not sure what yields you are expecting. I'm not experienced with growing at all for the most part. I'm just in my first grow. I don't know how many plants total that is, but there are a lot of colas there.

BudRanger1919

BudRanger1919

Just under Archive and CSI
What about CSI Humbolt? A long time ago I would purchase from Humbolt Seed co, but recently amongst a number of strains I also chose a number of CSI Humbolt strains and I was just going to hope for the best but it sounds like you know a bit about seed companies so might as well ask in a relevant thread. I am a newb when it comes to seed companies.

Stokes

Stokes

What about CSI Humbolt? A long time ago I would purchase from Humbolt Seed co, but recently amongst a number of strains I also chose a number of CSI Humbolt strains and I was just going to hope for the best but it sounds like you know a bit about seed companies so might as well ask in a relevant thread. I am a newb when it comes to seed companies.

Csi humboldt is among the best out there.

BudRanger1919

BudRanger1919

Csi humboldt is among the best out there.
Fantastic news, my research told me something similar. I have 2 regular seed packs and 2 feminized seedpacks of CSI Humbolt. They were expensive to get my hands on where I am so I had to be wise with my seed choice, but I am glad I got them now.

Stokes

Stokes

Fantastic news, my research told me something similar. I have 2 regular seed packs and 2 feminized seedpacks of CSI Humbolt. They were expensive to get my hands on where I am so I had to be wise with my seed choice, but I am glad I got them now.
Awesome. What did you get?

Glassdub

Glassdub

I got some freebee Chemdog I seed, nice strain but seemed a bit prone to herm, part my fault but seemed to be a trend with it compared to other strains, maybe it's just a little finicky.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Everything Herms indoors! I don’t think indoors growing Is a very good barometer for determining seed, quality! Especially when it comes to herming! A little too dependent on grower competence!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Everything Herms indoors! I don’t think indoors growing Is a very good barometer for determining seed, quality! Especially when it comes to herming! A little too dependent on grower competence!
mine don’t herm indoors,.
most times it’s the 18/6-12/12 switch, that’s why you lower hours over the course of a couple weeks,.. seedling/clones-18 hrs
young plants-17 hrs
mature plants-16 hrs
than when almost ready to flower drop to 15 hrs, than every 4/5 days drop an hour till 12/12,..
most all strains will start flowering at 14/10,..

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
mine don’t herm indoors,.
most times it’s the 18/6-12/12 switch, that’s why you lower hours over the course of a couple weeks,.. seedling/clones-18 hrs
young plants-17 hrs
mature plants-16 hrs
than when almost ready to flower drop to 15 hrs, than every 4/5 days drop an hour till 12/12,..
most all strains will start flowering at 14/10,..
But sometimes it looks like you know what you’re doing! If 10 dumb fucks grow a certain breeders strain, and seven of them holler my shit is herming, It’s easy for the breeder to get a bad rap! I know, Nick! Go back into my hole!😂

Top Bottom