Perpetual, permanent, perennial grow diary... 🙃

• Thread starter lenhug
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lenhug

lenhug

Hi Folks,

I am back with my fourth (if you count the mini one I learnt from but not documented) grow diary and, from here on in, main thread for all subsequent ones. I'm not gonna be stopping growing ever now I have the bug it seems so let's learn (and discuss) through all my mishaps and have fun along the way because that's definitely what I'm doing.

You can catch up on my previous trials and tribulations here should you so wish (quite funny/ridiculous in places it has to be said!)

So, being doing a bit of prep and trying to get things lined up. Ordering bits and bobs and getting ready. I have an end of July date to hit for this one for a friends get together in Yosemite so let's get this show on the road!

Setup
This is my current tent (bigger to come (5x5?) after this next grow):
3x3 AC Infinity Adavanced Grow Tent

For pots I'm dropping from 5gal to 3gal for this grow in order to try a few more strains out. Planning on 5, might get a bit busy in there...lol! Or should I really be sticking to 4?

Medium is soil/coco/perlite using the excellent (imo) potforpot grow kits which has done me proud my first two grows. I'm still not confident at all and, if I'm honest, very confused about mixing my own soil with the ratios and then on top of that the nutrient feeding thing (so many different opinions!) I'll get there but not this grow, maybe next?

Perpetual permanent perennial persistent grow diary

Water will be purified water from everyone's favourite shop, Target, though may just sack it off and use tap water as more plants this time round will need more water (obvs). Should probably invest in a decent pH pen/kit to be honest. Anyone got any recommendations?

Strains
The exciting part! Have far, far too many seeds (a terrible yet wonderful addiction) but have trimmed (hoho) it down to this currently. All autos again, photos in the future sometime (might do one for the whole outdoor season but we can discuss that later).

1. Speedrun: God Particle (Indica leaning hybrid)

2. Mephisto: Aunt Ginny's Elixir (CBD:THC)

3. NightOwl: Zamadelica Express (Wild Sativa!)

4. Twisted Trees: Lemon OG (50/50 hybrid)

5. Up for grabs currently but thinking maybe one of Mephisto's Pinot Noir, Double Grape, Grizzly Crinkle or Iced n Baked. Leaning to the Pinot Noir (my wife's fav tipple and again intrigues me) at the moment?

As you can see I do like myself a nice hybrid but I've really, really been wanting to try the Zamadelica with it's claimed psychedelic effects...yes pls! 🤩

And the CDB:THC Aunt Ginny's is intriguing to me and I've read such good things. CBD helps round the edges off and take the aches and pains away personally whilst not causing any over indulgent THC stress supposedly. A perfect smoke?

Or anyone else have a suggestion or vote for any of them for #5? I'm looking for strains with a strong narcotic like effect. The Zamadelica is the upper (for those old skool trip vibes of yore) so I really want something that will give me an opiod like effect (been there with back problems in the past) and put me on the floor. Am I allowed to say that? 😉

Think that's about it for now. Plan to pop the seeds in the next week and I look forward to growing and learning with and from you all. 🙃

All advice, thoughts or OMG don't do that comments more than welcome!

Here's some @'s to some friendly fellows (I'm sure I'm missing some, sorry if I did) who have helped me along the way with this beautiful plant and as we travel onwards together:

@Captspaulding
@Greenjourneyman
@Bilber
@Choppr
@SchwiftyGrower
@bloodeye

Bilber

Bilber

What? Only 5 plants......😉

Autos at that? I thought we taught you better than that......🤔

Having more than one plant just seems right....the variety you get at the end is worth it.....

Keep up the great work len! Maybe one day when I wanna learn how to grow autos, I'll be able to hit you up with some tips, tricks, and advice......

Keep me posted....

Choppr

Choppr

lol - 5 is busy enough sometimes....

@lenhug, yeah if You havent run Night Owl yet, you gotta try'em, Ive done Popecicle, Queens Banner, and Star Spangled Banner all were all great and Huge for Autos! that Zamaldelica looks good! as far as the meters Ive had a bunch (junk) over the years, I bought a Hanna Instruments (model#HI98129) (w/the replaceable probe), holds calibration and its accurate , its over 5 years old its spendy but worth it if you can find on sale? I found mine on sale at https://growgreenmi.com/ ($88.00), Hanna does sell less expensive units, their Groline Models - Keep at it my friend! ill be watching for ya!

lenhug

lenhug

Having more than one plant just seems right....the variety you get at the end is worth it.....

Keep up the great work len! Maybe one day when I wanna learn how to grow autos, I'll be able to hit you up with some tips, tricks, and advice......

Keep me posted....

Ha! I'll get there with the photos eventually, I promise!

And the bigger tent is coming this year for sure. I need to do some measuring and cost it all out as a new light will be high on the list. I want a bar one so need to research them a bit.

That SF one @Captspaulding got (or similar) is mighty tempting!

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Ha! I'll get there with the photos eventually, I promise!

And the bigger tent is coming this year for sure. I need to do some measuring and cost it all out as a new light will be high on the list. I want a bar one so need to research them a bit.

That SF one @Captspaulding got (or similar) is mighty tempting!
Pssst…. DO IT

lenhug

lenhug

lol - 5 is busy enough sometimes....

@lenhug, yeah if You havent run Night Owl yet, you gotta try'em, Ive done Popecicle, Queens Banner, and Star Spangled Banner all were all great and Huge for Autos! that Zamaldelica looks good! as far as the meters Ive had a bunch (junk) over the years, I bought a Hanna Instruments (model#HI98129) (w/the replaceable probe), holds calibration and its accurate , its over 5 years old its spendy but worth it if you can find on sale? I found mine on sale at https://growgreenmi.com/ ($88.00), Hanna does sell less expensive units, their Groline Models - Keep at it my friend! ill be watching for ya!

Thanks for the recommendation. I don't mind spending on quality as it'll last. I think we've all been there trying to cut corners/costs and paid the price.

I've heard good things about Queens Banneer and Star Spangled. I already have another 5 of their strains (incl a tester) to try out first though. Definitely gonna need that bigger tent! 😆

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Nice man,
Glad to see you adding on more tents, getting the multiple chambers going is huge. You can veg in one while blooming inthe other. Double the output.

Here’s the challenge with your autos you know how to grow them and produce some nuggz. Now you have have to figure out how to push them shoot for 2 oz or even 3 per plant. Th8nk about what LST will get the most tops developing.

Most of all have fun!,

lenhug

lenhug

Some good preparation done today, all five pots now ready to rock and roll. Nice to give them a week to settle with all the goodies in the soil.

20240307 144257

20240307 144259

20240307 192633

Had to leg it home as was at the docs and got a flash storm alert on my phone and had left it all outside. Made it with minutes to spare, phew!

Tomorrow I plan to nail down the final two spots in the strain list and pop them in to some water. Exciting times! 🙃

lenhug

lenhug

I've got a question.

Who cleans their tent after a grow and how do you do it, what do you use? I've read some rather, err, militant regimes shall we say. 🤭

Was just planning on a quick shake 'n vac as they say.

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

I've got a question.

Who cleans their tent after a grow and how do you do it, what do you use? I've read some rather, err, militant regimes shall we say. 🤭

Was just planning on a quick shake 'n vac as they say.

Yeah mate,
Always gotta do a proper clean. I don’t go crazy and I prefer let’s chemically cleaning stuff. But full wipe down with an anti mold, then full spray and wipe down with vinegar based all purpose cleaner.

lenhug

lenhug

I have finally decided on the fifth strain after reading far, far too many smoke reports and strain details this afternoon.

It came down to Pinot Noir and Grape Crinkle in the end but I'm going with Pinot Noir. The Grape Crinkle does sound magnificent but I'll put that on the list for the next grow.

So we're lookling at:

1. Speedrun: God Particle (Indica leaning hybrid)
2. Mephisto: Aunt Ginny's Elixir (CBD:THC)
3. NightOwl: Zamadelica Express (Wild Sativa)
4. Twisted Trees: Lemon OG (50/50 hybrid)
5. Mephisto: Pinot Noir (65/35 hybrid)

Excited is not the word! 😁

Links are in the OP.

lenhug

lenhug

Quick update, yesterday I popped the seeds and they've been snuggling up together all night long. I'll pull them out this evening and put them in to their pellets and then the propagator.

I should probably buy some shot glasses. 😄

20240310 181733

lenhug

lenhug

Now the tent is clear and ready to be cleaned and prepared for the next grow I thought I'll just put the pots in to check all good size and space wise. As you may remember I was weighing up four of five 3gal pots in there at the start of the thread. Obviously went with five because, you know.

20240311 152412

20240311 152425

Umm...oh dear...there is no way in hell that is happening...lol! 🧐 You might squeeze four but I'm not even convinced of that. Silly sod, what on earth was I thinking?! 😄

So, after mulling it over some more I considered maybe sticking one or two outside, but if I'm honest I don't want to do that. I plan a separate single large photo outdoor for the season and it's still a little chilly overnight for that. So, looks like that new tent (also discussed at the start) may well be much sooner than I thought. 4x4 or 5x5, think it has to be the latter surely? Tape measure out later I think.

You live and learn, you live and learn.

lenhug

lenhug

So to continue that thought as no time like the present.

I think this'll be the tent:

Love the ACI stuff and I don't see the need to splash out for a Gorilla (are they really that much better, I'm not convinced?!) when these are, imo, great.

Now, new tent this size means...new light as the old one isn't going to cut it in this unless anyone can tell me otherwise?

Current light is this:

Which was part of this all in one kit of theirs I am currently using:

I feel like I can use the rest for the 5x5, the fan should be able to pull enough CFM for that size.

So I'm looking at a new light realistically, a bar one for sure. I'll put some ones I'm looking at up later once I've done some further investigation and would dearly like some advice here. And as with all of the stuff, I'm happy to pay for quality.

@Captspaulding Talk to me! 😄

Latest posts

Top Bottom