Photo periods in bloom! Share your pics and advice.

• Thread starter Robert23howard
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Not to much going on in the tent today. Flowers put on a little more size is about all. Did try to drop my light 2” and turned the light up about 7% to almost 90. Plants didn’t like that to much, they started to over pray so I lifted it back up the 2” but kept the light powered to 90%.

Trying to get that light up to 100% before week 4 but they sure have been happy in the low 80’s. I know I need to get that light penetrating into the canopy more than it is currently. Especially when I do the final defoliation soon. Fingers crossed that tomorrow after their rest they will get back to just praying and not closing up like the taller branches did today. I have had some friends that stress them purposely, they say it makes them grow more vigorously. That was not what I was going for though. Just wanted to push them a little to see what they would take.

Seen some beautiful plants in flower. Like to see a few more. I tried to put one up for the bud of the month, week, or whatever the contest is and it wouldn’t let me. It wasn’t my own, it was actually one that is on here but I am not sure how to do that. Can someone help that has done it.

It is from @GNick55 on this chat. The purple buds that are getting close to harvest time. Love those colors of the bud but also the pistols (hairs) are a beautiful color as well. Thanks for the help.
Mods/staff are not eligible for the prizes, but I’m sure Nick is happy you would have submitted his pics!

MEGA956

MEGA956

IMG 6247

Day 59. Heavy gas and rubbing alcohol smell.

R

Robert23howard

Took a pic of them when the light turned off for the night. You really can see the bud sites well all down the branches.

Few more days and the final defoliation will happen, then time to just sit back and water for the remaining 4-6 weeks.

Post some pics or your plants progress!

IMG 9186
IMG 9189
IMG 9190
R

Robert23howard

Starting week 4 when they wake up at noon. Really looking forward to watching the bud sites start gaining some mass this week. I compared a few pics from two days ago and it looks like the bud sites are now doubled in size. They have started to really slow down on their upward stretch over the past couple days as well.

Love taking pictures of the flowers progression. Next 5-6 weeks will hopefully have some decent flower pics to share.

IMG 9205
R

Robert23howard

Defoliated the plants today. Definitely could have taken more but I am more comfortable with a few more fans leaves to absorb the light than some. I do know there is some that do and some that don’t defoliate. Some strip them down and some take just a bit. I say, do you on that one. I continue doing what I am comfortable with and have had success with.

First pick prior defoliation from yesterday and the 2nd pic is after defoliation. I have picked a couple more leaves after taking that last picture but just a handful of them. Now time to sit back and enjoy the change from mid to late flower. I did top dress them today with some neem seed meal, bloom, and bloom booster for their final push to the end.

Getting ready to start a 100% Sativa grow by the end of the week from some killer genetics.

Question -
2 plants in a 4x4 - soil organic grow in 10 gallon fabric pots or 2 plants in 13 gallon hydro totes going with an organic hydro grow? Both sound fun! That is the question?

IMG 9235
IMG 9239
R

Robert23howard

My flower tent week 5/7 sugar black rose frosted raspberry x frosted raspberry jealousy apple fritter
Those look fantastic! They still have a few weeks to even put on more size. Going to be a great harvest. Thank you for sharing them!

R

Robert23howard

Ive got some pablos revenge going, but im gonna veg them for another month or 2

View attachment 1997473
I completely agree!!! I say veg them until you feel like your tent is going to be full. So many use a calendar and veg for 8 weeks or 6 or whatever the seed companies say and then finish their grow with half the yield they would have gotten if they would have flipped the light when the tent was full. Those look amazing and so does the tent. Looking forward to seeing those girls with some flowers starting to develop. Thanks for the pics of your grow!

Latest posts

Top Bottom