Russet mites or led lights too close

• Thread starter Kkay42
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kkay42

@Putthataway , you can mix it with water and spray it. It will kill mites that way, but it will clog leaf stomata’s and choke them. It has to be washed off or can be trouble. There are much better ways to treat if mites are suspected.
Like?

BudRanger1919

BudRanger1919

Sometimes its possible to love your plants too much, to always think there has to be something you have to do to help them. I was guilty of this myself., we all have done it in one hobby or another. It sounds like the frequent spraying and how close they were to the light with the spraying magnified 2 issues into a 3rd more serious issue. But other users claiming the DE could be clogging the stomata is something I have also heard can happen from too frequent sprayings with many different products, so it could be as much as 3 smaller issues creating a 4th more serious issue.
Honestly I just got here and wanted to prove a point. He doesn't take me seriously enough.
Learning can be a really harsh experience :( the only good part about how harsh lessons can be is it makes them much harder to forget. Maybe somebody could correct me if there is IFs/ANDs/ORs to this, but I am pretty sure you should limit spraying your indoor plants in flower all together unless you have a disaster of a pest outbreak and you have no other option.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
You have a really nice setup if you put some time into learning. Its like making your first gun a rocket launcher 😆. Just regroup, hang around and ask questions, try again. Less is more on light and more but less often with water✌️

P

Phyto

ya those plants are FRIED, BURNT, TOAST, lights WAY TOO CLOSE, SHOULD BE ABOUT 30 INCES ABOVE YOUR TALLEST PLANT, & turn power down to about 50% until they recover....
The problem coming is: all those dead leaves going back into the buds is like screaming for the bud rot fairy to pay you a visit!!

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

I haven't I'll ask if he has
So if you're spraying every other day with DE you must be trying to control mites, right?

Cuz your plants look exactly like a set I ran back in the mid-90s when I was dealing with two spotted mites. Look for webs on the buds.

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

He says it's russet mites
Not surprised because that's exactly what my plants look like back when I was dealing with mites, except I had webs too

It's not easy to get rid of them either, back in the '90s we didn't have the instant availability of all the products we do these days, so when I started growing again after about 3 months of shutting down & bleaching the grow room they were back fucking instantly!

Good luck going forward friend, you got a great setup, don't give up!

K

Kkay42

@Putthataway , you can mix it with water and spray it. It will kill mites that way, but it will clog leaf stomata’s and choke them. It has to be washed off or can be trouble. There are much better ways to treat if mites are suspected.
like?

K

Kkay42

Not surprised because that's exactly what my plants look like back when I was dealing with mites, except I had webs too

It's not easy to get rid of them either, back in the '90s we didn't have the instant availability of all the products we do these days, so when I started growing again after about 3 months of shutting down & bleaching the grow room they were back fucking instantly!

Good luck going forward friend, you got a great setup, don't give up!
I just got here... I'm trying to learn as much as i can

P

Phyto

Question for the OP, did you see russet mites? They're very small, smaller than spider mites, and you need a loop to see them. Normally with russet mites the leaf edges start to curl down. DE works better against thrips than mites, because thrips have an instar stage that lives in the soil and the DE cuts them to ribbons as they emerge from the soil. Mites travel on the soil, but they don't have a life stage that lives in soil. Once this grow is finished you need to totally disinfect your tent, dump the soil andstart over. I'd spray the tent with pyrethrin, or a Dr. Doom bomb.

K

Kkay42

Question for the OP, did you see russet mites? They're very small, smaller than spider mites, and you need a loop to see them. Normally with russet mites the leaf edges start to curl down. DE works better against thrips than mites, because thrips have an instar stage that lives in the soil and the DE cuts them to ribbons as they emerge from the soil. Mites travel on the soil, but they don't have a life stage that lives in soil. Once this grow is finished you need to totally disinfect your tent, dump the soil andstart over. I'd spray the tent with pyrethrin, or a Dr. Doom bomb.
imma go personally look. i just gotta find my loop. Thanks for all the support!!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
But why are these pics outside then? Why are you spraying them? And do you spray them in direct light?

It looks like the most extreme case of phytotoxicity i've even seen! Water can focus strong light, like a magnifying glass, burning your plants. This can be further amplified by the presence of other substances in the solution. Normally you just get some rusty spots on the margins, but this is horrific!

View attachment 2173757

And it doesn't really look like flagging damage per se, where the leaves are left to desiccate(dry out), usually appearing as dark green, dried out leaves, more at the margins than the interior blade... but desiccation coupled with spraying could burn the desiccated material, resulting in this incredible damage.
you are wrong water on leaves cannot magnify light and burn plants..

S

SnoopingAsUsualI

you are wrong water on leaves cannot magnify light and burn plants..
It actually can, but probably only under the bright sun outdoors and on a certain angle and only if the water drop stays on the leave, plus probably even if that happens the water itself will work as a cooler...and different leaves have different angles so...it can, but you'll probably wont notice unless it's a dry sunny place with temperature above 30 Celsius or so

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
It actually can, but probably only under the bright sun outdoors and on a certain angle and only if the water drop stays on the leave, plus probably even if that happens the water itself will work as a cooler...and different leaves have different angles so...it can, but you'll probably wont notice unless it's a dry sunny place with temperature above 30 Celsius or so
no it can’t the droplet would have to be sitting ABOVE the leaf in a perfect shape with everything else involved being perfect for it to happen, so for a marijuana plant it is impossible

Top Bottom